Roland JV-1080 finally, as virtual instrument!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Roland Cloud

I hope that Beely can achieve his sysex converter. It would be so nice !

Yeah I'm also curious when the converter will come
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

Maybe it could be a good idea to publish a non-finished converter : if it necessary reassign manually waveform and mfx, it would be a minimum work to convert JV-1080 presets.

I understand that Beely doesn't have too much time for this and that the level of difficulty is pretty high, so maybe an unfinished version of the converter would be very handful.

To be frank? knowing Roland will probably put out the entire SRX catalog at some point of time, I wouldn't really care for a converter myself. If Roland does it I might load some old presets to check them out, probably finding out they're not super useful nowadays anyway. but my favorites were Multis anyways and those aren't supported. IMHO this is a too big undertaking for something which is not a real necessity as in the D50, DX7, M1, Wavestation which had a TON of 3rd party libraries and patches.

In my case, I have a 200+ presets selection (my "best of" choosen between thousands of presets), so it makes sense using a converter, even an unfinished (with majority of parameters processed).

If Beely would agree, it could be an uncomplete but great tool for all the JV lover.

I don't want make pressure on Beely, obviously, just express my suggestion and hopes.

I hope they will make a boutique version of it too with all the SRX Cards built in like they did with the D-50.
Having all these retro rompler sound in one small box would be awesome :tu:

I agree with the above statements - it's not like there is a huge amount of third party banks available for the JV series (compared to the D50/M1/WS etc), and pretty much all of Roland's sounds for these engines are already in the plugin, bar a few banks of XV/Fantom stuff (which I am keen to get across). I've got a few downloaded 1080 banks, and I think I bought a set some years back. Some nice patches, but all much of a muchness compared to what's already in the plugin.

I'm still trying to get back to it, because I don't deny that the convertor would be useful (hence why I started looking at it), but there is nothing stopping someone else wanting to take a stab at it if it's important to them.

There is no point giving anybody my code, especially as it's in a stage where I'm still exploring and mapping out stuff. Some other coder would likely attack it in a complete different way with a toolset they are comfortable with - it wouldn't be worth anything to anybody, especially as no one is actually expressing an interest in taking it over anyway... :lol:

All you would be doing is wanting me to publish some work in progress stuff, in the vain hope somebody else would come along and take it over... either way, you'd be waiting...

Carla - as for the compiled banks of your fave 1080 patches, if they are mostly of 1080/2080 presets (which are already in the plugin) I'm sure with the tools in the plugin it would only take an hour or two one evening max to recompile your custom banks, even if there were a few more original presets you can't yet convert that you'd leave out for now... so that's something you can do in the meantime... :tu:

So - I haven't forgotten or abandoned this, but posts asking me "when will it be done" aren't useful or helpful to anybody - if you're following the thread, you'll know as soon as there is some info to post... thanks! I know this annoying to some of you, sorry about that...

Thanks for your reply, Beely.

I will convert manually some patches and share it on this forum.

However, there is a lot of presets for JV and a not especially variations of factory presets. JV has a great potential.

There doesn't seem to be a Harpsichord included with this VST. Is there any way to import one?

DooberKnob wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:34 pm There doesn't seem to be a Harpsichord included with this VST. Is there any way to import one?
SRX Orchestra has many harpsichords patches.

I'm building a spreadsheet with index location of the JV-1080's waveform in the JV-1080 plugin. It's almost finished, but I can't resolve this short list :

- IA 160 Bottle
- IA 208 ST.Strings-R
- IA 209 ST.Strings-L
- IA 210 MonoStringsA
- IA 211 MonoStringsC
- IB 14 Agogo
- IB 156 REV Cup

So, if anybody have an idea of the equivalent waveform in the plug-in, it would be a great help.

I will share my spreadsheet in PDF + LibreOffice format. It could be a little help for converting manually JV-1080 presets in JV-1080 plugin presets. ;)

Those don't seem to be in there.

I've finished the spreadsheet for JV-1080/JV-1080 plug-in-XV waveforms. I share it in PDF format and ODT (Libre Office) format.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hope this spreadsheet will be useful. Manual conversion of JV-1080 preset is not very difficult, but it takes a lot of time for each presets (hundreds of parameters). It would be very handful to print directly parameters in the form of a list, because browsing through a JV editor is a little bit painful. Any idea ?

Return to “Instruments”