Tone2 I2 vs Trueno Analog

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Trueno

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Vertion wrote:-No piracy EVER AGAIN
There it is.....the real reason. :wink:

Gimmick at best. If you can't make those sounds with current softsynths then you need to take up needlepoint or woodworking.
Vertion wrote: I remember when I got my first real synth, after investing thousands of dollars in soft synths, then feeling foolish for not moving to analog sooner.
I remember when I sold all of my Analog synths and eventually moved to real synths called VSTi's. Analog hardware sounds like crap and is limited in the range of sounds it can do....... :wink:

But if you think a bunch of chips in a USB stick is doing anything but acting as a Dongle then I have some ocean front property in Kansas to sell you........... :lol:

I suppose this will sell as the suckers will line up for anything called Analog mistakenly thinking it is in any way superior to digital.

I'm out...enjoy the ride boys. :tu:
Last edited by Teksonik on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This could be the thing that puts an end to software solutions.

(Or more to the point; audio based on mathematical calculations.)

If this concept catches on, and we see more synths and also effects in this format, this could become the most successful thing in audioland in a long time.

(Also if this was turned into a platform where you can combine individual modules like Oscs, Filters and EGs etcetera im sure it would be great too. Sort of like a 'micro-modular' kind of thing where you assemble your own 'machines' in USB extender banks. Theoretically this could deliver real analog sound AND modularity, but at a fraction of the cost (hopefully) and a fraction of the physical footprint. The only possible stumbling blocks i see are bandwidth and latency, but if that can be gotten under control then IMO theres a good chance that this stuff would eventually sell like pizza.)

This is not going to be the end of software solutions, it is a software solution in part anyway. I'll buy a proper little Behringer D before this regardless. My attraction to analog is in large part the immediacy of the user interface, otherwise software by itself is simply more powerful.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

ENV1 wrote:This could be the thing that puts an end to software solutions.

(Or more to the point; audio based on mathematical calculations.)

If this concept catches on, and we see more synths and also effects in this format, this could become the most successful thing in audioland in a long time.

(Also if this was turned into a platform where you can combine individual modules like Oscs, Filters and EGs etcetera im sure it would be great too. Sort of like a 'micro-modular' kind of thing where you assemble your own 'machines' in USB extender banks. Theoretically this could deliver real analog sound AND modularity, but at a fraction of the cost (hopefully) and a fraction of the physical footprint. The only possible stumbling blocks i see are bandwidth and latency, but if that can be gotten under control then IMO theres a good chance that this stuff would eventually sell like pizza.)
I would switch back complete to iOS if that happens to the desktop world.
I see no real benefits yet from a user point of view.

Teksonik,

I love your synths... I know you have put a lot of time into your work.. and it is appreciated. Thank you for your comment. I hope your softsynth sales go well for you. I also hope Synthmaker and Flowstone are the next big thing for you whenever they get around to 64 bit. :-) It's not my product, buddy.. I'm just tired of seeing people ripped off.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

I am curious about something. Is it possible that, when listening to this, that it was a placebo effect? That I wanted to believe that it sounded better than software? I honestly felt like the bottom end was richer than any soft synth I own but like I said, maybe I just wanted to believe that.

wagtunes wrote:I am curious about something. Is it possible that, when listening to this, that it was a placebo effect? That I wanted to believe that it sounded better than software? I honestly felt like the bottom end was richer than any soft synth I own but like I said, maybe I just wanted to believe that.
Can you run a test?

Vertion wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I am curious about something. Is it possible that, when listening to this, that it was a placebo effect? That I wanted to believe that it sounded better than software? I honestly felt like the bottom end was richer than any soft synth I own but like I said, maybe I just wanted to believe that.
Can you run a test?
How would I do that?

wagtunes wrote:
Vertion wrote:
Can you run a test?
How would I do that?
:dog:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

wagtunes wrote:
How would I do that?
They have sound demos on their site, if you can easily reproduce the simple analog ones.. it should give some headway to compare qualities.

Teksonik wrote:...suckers will line up for anything called Analog mistakenly thinking it is in any way superior to digital.
If they can find a way to fit some toobs in there then it's a wrap! :lol:

Vertion wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
How would I do that?
They have sound demos on their site, if you can easily reproduce the simple analog ones.. it should give some headway to compare qualities.
To make it an accurate test I'd have to know the exact settings of each patch and I don't see that happening.

wagtunes wrote:
Vertion wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
How would I do that?
To make it an accurate test I'd have to know the exact settings of each patch and I don't see that happening.
Anyone want to contact the company for more info? *shrugs* If they send me a freebie, I'd be glad to review it for you. hehe Then again, I live in on the left side of the US, so they aren't shipping here.

I just listened to the demos and to be honest, they sound really good. I'm still a complete skeptic but who knows.

Return to “Instruments”