Tone2 I2 vs Trueno Analog

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Trueno

Auplant wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:14 pm All cheap software synths sound slightly thin and are not as big sounding as hardware synths. It's just a fact.

And there you have it, its official, someone can and does talk out of their arse.
Last edited by Goony on Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

:lol:

Auplant wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:06 pm Really doesn't sound special to me, sounds like a cheap VST

All cheap software synths sound slightly thin and are not as big sounding as hardware synths. It's just a fact.
So which is it then, as you seem mightily confused here, is it a cheap sounding VST, or a big sounding hardware synth.

I give you a clue the synth is hardware with the FX only coming via the VST software, you really do across as a complete numpty here.
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

Well after having the Trueno for a couple weeks, finally have it setup way I want it, even dug out my old Novation Nocturn to control it, this thing for it's size sounds great, quite deep too in places once you start playing with controls.

Goony wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:59 pm having the Trueno for a couple weeks
You happy with the purchase?

Auplant wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:14 pm
Goony wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:08 pm
Auplant wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:06 pm Really doesn't sound special to me, sounds like a cheap VST
Ok so how does a cheap vst sound?
All cheap software synths sound slightly thin and are not as big sounding as hardware synths. It's just a fact.
All cheap analogue synths sound slightly thin and are not as big sounding as expensive analogue synths. It's just a fact.

I corrected that for you
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:12 pm
Goony wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:59 pm having the Trueno for a couple weeks
You happy with the purchase?
Definately, its a great little synth, I got it at £90 bargain and great sounding, and no issues setting it up, in fact its part of my Ableton default template nowadays.

Awesome :tu:

Same here, though I have it in Bitwig template :lol:

Auplant wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:14 pm All cheap software synths sound slightly thin and are not as big sounding as hardware synths. It's just a fact.
OMG, great wisdom :D
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:20 am
Tell me about it.. I've considered Synthmaster to be one of the very best softsynths I have a license for. Now I learned that against my own experience, it sounds slightly thin and not as big as hardware :lol:

Yeah, who knew? Honestly, it does my head in that anyone can say such patently stupid things and actually believe them. I remember the first time I hooked up a MIDI keyboard and played a VSTi like a hardware synth. It completely changes the way you think about them. When they are just pretty coloured interfaces you interact with using a mouse, they really don't feel as special as a hardware synth but once you can play them on a real keyboard, using a mod wheel and aftertouch and all the rest of it, that feeling goes completely out the window and you wonder why you bother with hardware at all.
Auplant wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:14 pmAll cheap software synths sound slightly thin and are not as big sounding as hardware synths. It's just a fact.
No, it's not. What may, however, be a fact is that you are a fool. How can you possibly think that any but the biggest, baddest, bestest hardware synths would have a hope of competing with softsynths that can bring 40 or 50 oscillators to bear on a single note? Most hardware just can't compete with that. I had a go at using the Analog Keys on our last album but, ultimately, I got better results from Hive and Thorn, so ultimately I discarded the hardware tracks.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Goony wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:45 pm

So which is it then, as you seem mightily confused here, is it a cheap sounding VST, or a big sounding hardware synth.

I give you a clue the synth is hardware with the FX only coming via the VST software, you really do across as a complete numpty here.
Relax..I wasn't being so literal. I was merely giving my opinion based on audible phenomenon. This USB thing doesn't show for itself as hardware analog if it doesn't sound like it is. Ok I believe it is a fact that let's say Access Virus TI does not sound like the likes of Spire. Even though that's virtual analog. The virus hardware sound is unmistakable to me.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:49 am
kv331 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:20 am
Tell me about it.. I've considered Synthmaster to be one of the very best softsynths I have a license for. Now I learned that against my own experience, it sounds slightly thin and not as big as hardware :lol:
Yes it sounds slightly thin. I have my opinion and you have yours.

Auplant wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:20 pm Yes it sounds slightly thin.
Omg you're so funny :lol:
Auplant wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:20 pm I have my opinion and you have yours.
You may have an opinion, I have a fact 8)

Auplant wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:17 pm
Relax..I wasn't being so literal. I was merely giving my opinion based on audible phenomenon. This USB thing doesn't show for itself as hardware analog if it doesn't sound like it is. Ok I believe it is a fact that let's say Access Virus TI does not sound like the likes of Spire. Even though that's virtual analog. The virus hardware sound is unmistakable to me.
YOU are the one that was stating everything as fact, when you completely wrong as others have also pointed out, you backtrack. You just dont know when to shhhh....

Return to “Instruments”