Tone2 I2 vs Trueno Analog

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Trueno

If it's as practical as claimed this will kill analogue modeled synth software market imo. There will be a sampler next.

P900[/quote]

Wait, isn't that the one that isn't Windows yet?[/quote]

Exact that one. Of course as usual it‘s all flavor but i love the sounds i can get out of it.
But other synths are good too.
Hard to judge that anyway if you can‘t play it yourself with prefered sounds.

focusrite wrote:If it's as practical as claimed this will kill analogue modeled synth software market imo. There will be a sampler next.
I don't know about having a bunch of USB ports used up for every analog USB stick. Especially when Repro synths show that computers can model analog incredibly accurately. And costs will doubtfully ever be as low.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:
focusrite wrote:If it's as practical as claimed this will kill analogue modeled synth software market imo. There will be a sampler next.
I don't know about having a bunch of USB ports used up for every analog USB stick. Especially when Repro synths show that computers can model analog incredibly accurately. And costs will doubtfully ever be as low.
This.

Well that's why I don't own it because I'm on Windows. And haven't even listened to it yet (or at least don't remember if I did) because what's the point since I can't use it.

When it comes to Windows I'll see if it sounds as good as this "real analog" thing.

Interesting concept but that's yet another dongle. And considering how flimsy most USB connectors are over time ...
I didn't like the full audio demo at all. It's generic EDM to my ears. The individual samples on the website are much more interesting.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Maybe the Monophonic market....but that isn’t very big in the VST world.....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Plus a huge chunk of the charm of analog is having all the hard wired knobs, sliders, and buttons. I'm sure this tech has a niche, but that's what it is, a small part of the market. I welcome it, just I don't expect it will take over.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

A: It's cheap (will likely get cheaper)
B: No license transfer fee
C: Portable in any environment
D: Very low cpu to quality ratio
E: Piracy Free
F: ?

i'm interested. i work and travel often, so it's a macbook pro, a 25key xkey... an apogee groove. dope headphones.

every time i check out the rolands, the other 'small' hardware synths... i realize: one more thing to carry. so this thing has definitely got my attention...

There will be issues with the unpopularity of dongles, and I wonder about the latency and running these through external effects and all that. Plus there are already analog monosynths out there for $300.

But what I think is intriguing is the possibility of getting vintage recreations in small, inexpensive packages. Right now things like the TR-909 cost ridiculous amounts and the clones available are still pretty expensive or require skilled assembly. If there's a cheap way around that in the near future, I think it would be a breakthrough. Sure, you get no tactile interface, but people will get over that if the SOUND finally becomes accessible.

This is very interesting...I couldn't help look at the website and think is this too good to be true :D
But it all seems legit, and if they're selling via Amazon, worry-free.

On the downside, I installed the plugin but it didn't appear in Bitwig.
Last edited by db3 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It is still software dependent, can still have issues with compatability, still takes a slot, still can break, and isn't as easily sold. As computers get more powerful, the performance of VA increases, at what point is this really any better?

wagtunes wrote:
Vertion wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Oh well, for me it's a moot point since it currently doesn't run on Windows 7. But it looks interesting. Hardware on a stick that can load into a DAW.

I'm honestly intrigued.
Demo Song (all Trueno).

http://truenosynth.com/wp-content/uploa ... 20Demo.mp3
Okay, so why can't they make soft synths sound like that?
Because most soft synth developers either lack the skills to do so, or, as i believe is rather the case, have simply a poor taste. I won't name names, but, yet another tame, soft, clean and polished soft synth has just been released. Which made me think "Why on earth don't they put some character in these things?". People seem to dislike character these days, and prefer, tame, soft, clean and polished. I don't have another explanation. It's like with cheese from the supermarket. Noone likes tasty, characterful cheese, they all want "mild-nutty".

That said though, i've heard better sounding analogs than Trueno. It seems that it has that typical beefy square wave sound though. Why do so few soft synths have that really?
Last edited by chk071 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”