Tone2 I2 vs Trueno Analog

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Trueno

First i was like "WTF", but that's actually not a bad concept. :) It lacks one important thing about hardware synths for me though: The hands on of a real machine, and knobs and controls to tweak. I have my doubts that it will become very popular. I mean, who falls in love with a USB stick? That's like offering car buyers the engine, but not the whole car. Seriously doubtful here.

Last edited by Vertion on Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

This seems to have come out of the blue.
Selling on Amazon it seems, expected in next few days ...139 GBP.

Hardware analog for software prices....

Mono/para but still, pretty impressive technology, I would be interested to hear one myself.

I guess Elektron did this first with the A4 and overbridge, but at a different price point.

The key thing for me will be how this records to the DAW, Overbridge somehow works like Virus TI in that it records without having to select it as a sound card (it aggregates) this will need to do the same.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

chk071 wrote:First i was like "WTF", but that's actually not a bad concept. :) It lacks one important thing about hardware synths for me though: The hands on of a real machine, and knobs and controls to tweak. I have my doubts that it will become very popular. I mean, who falls in love with a USB stick? That's like offering car buyers the engine, but not the whole car. Seriously doubtful here.
Seems interesting... I appreciate a fresh concept!

One funny thing... "Trueno has three highly stable digitally controlled VCOs with automatic tuning"

Uh... if it is digitally controlled, it is not a VCO :hihi:

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

pdxindy wrote:
chk071 wrote:First i was like "WTF", but that's actually not a bad concept. :) It lacks one important thing about hardware synths for me though: The hands on of a real machine, and knobs and controls to tweak. I have my doubts that it will become very popular. I mean, who falls in love with a USB stick? That's like offering car buyers the engine, but not the whole car. Seriously doubtful here.
Seems interesting... I appreciate a fresh concept!

One funny thing... "Trueno has three highly stable digitally controlled VCOs with automatic tuning"

Uh... if it is digitally controlled, it is not a VCO :hihi:
Yes, yes it can be. Example: Alesis Andromeda, Korg Minilogue. Both have VCOs that have some digital circuitry compensating for temperature drifts - not producing the timing for the oscillators from a master crystal clock like DCOs do. On Andromeda this can even be disabled, so you get a proper vintage drifting-as-fk VCO.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

egbert101 wrote:Maybe the name is a sign of trolling. "True No". :hihi:
When the world has been a hard place, good things can be difficult to accept. Looking over the website, I see no reason why this isn't technically possible. The only question is how they pulled off the price. I would expect this to cost triple what they are asking given the requirements.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

What a great idea :tu:

Holy crap. Will need more than one to compose real time no?

I find it amazing that they get tech which was really large 30 years ago in a USB stick now... Again though, with high quality analog emus in software form, i'm not sure if it really is an advantage in having a real analog which you control via a software GUI anyway. I mean, if it sounded like a Moog, it might have a point, but, i'm not sure about that.

For Trueno’s oscillators, we took a highly respected modular VCO design and adapted it for digital control.
I might respect it more if they'd say what the design was.

The Windows 8+ requirement kills it for me too, though I'm kind of not really in the market anyway. With all the modular stuff I have, my favorite oscillators are digital... :)

Nice idea. But why there is no analog output (to drive external hardware effects etc.)? Now one has to deal with the ADC latency plus the asio latency while playing. Sending the signal to other hardware gear means Trueno ADC > Interface DAC > Interface ADC. And it's 44khz only.
And no Windows 7. I won't upgrade again (and throw away my audio interface that doesn't have Win8-drivers....) :(
ImageImage

wagtunes wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Vertion wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Oh well, for me it's a moot point since it currently doesn't run on Windows 7. But it looks interesting. Hardware on a stick that can load into a DAW.

I'm honestly intrigued.
Demo Song (all Trueno).

http://truenosynth.com/wp-content/uploa ... 20Demo.mp3
Okay, so why can't they make soft synths sound like that?
They can....my opinion. It sounds good but not better than some analog virtual i like to use.
You don't think that bottom end and that filter sound really, really good? I can't think of a soft synth I have that has the rich a sound.

But if you think there's one that does, let me know which one. I'm pretty sure I have it.
P900...there are a few more...even on my iPhone.
But i do love the concept really.

Cinebient wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Vertion wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Oh well, for me it's a moot point since it currently doesn't run on Windows 7. But it looks interesting. Hardware on a stick that can load into a DAW.

I'm honestly intrigued.
Demo Song (all Trueno).

http://truenosynth.com/wp-content/uploa ... 20Demo.mp3
Okay, so why can't they make soft synths sound like that?
They can....my opinion. It sounds good but not better than some analog virtual i like to use.
You don't think that bottom end and that filter sound really, really good? I can't think of a soft synth I have that has the rich a sound.

But if you think there's one that does, let me know which one. I'm pretty sure I have it.
P900
Wait, isn't that the one that isn't Windows yet?

Return to “Instruments”