Ribs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

@resisent I'm glad you've solved it! actually the workflow in the video should have worked.

Edit: nevermind. 8)

What a tease! I thought, oooooo someone posted in the Ribs thread. I wonder what's new. Ha! :wink:

Haha me too :hihi:

Sorry guys, last several months I've been busy af. I was hoping to get into further developments somewhere around September, but then things changed a lot. Anyway, as I wrote (I hope I'm not hallucinating and I really did write) in Crust thread, the next updates in my plugins should be about preset management.

Hello,
is there a possibility to load a wave file into ribs?
thankyou
jue
Located in the European Outback

I would have paid for this plugin.
DoomTune.com

Hi, Ribs is such an amazing plugin and i take every available opportunity to recommend it to others. There is one niggle, however, in its performance. That is, that when the buffer write-head crosses the playhead, there is a burst of noise. Is it possible to have a dip in volume which follows the write-head? Or is there a tactic to use to minimise the distortion?

Hi levendis! Thanks for the feedback!
Yep, unfortunately there's that click. Usually granular tools hide these and other possible clicks by having a less flexible playhead control. Ribs has a simple declicker algorithm in place, but it covers only some of the use cases. I might implement something like a "shadow buffer" of some sort in the future, but for now there's no universal tactic to hide the clicks.

jue wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:16 am Hello,
is there a possibility to load a wave file into ribs?
thankyou
jue
Hi jue! Sorry, I somehow missed your question. For now there's no such option.

Thanks for the response, 1eqinfinity :)
Losing the playhead control would be too much of a sacrifice to avoid clicks.

How 'bout a volume dip, at the write position, that's only registered by the playhead?
ribs write volume dip.png
i appreciate that this yields dropouts, instead of clicks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nice idea that would work in some cases indeed, but again, not in general with Ribs' playhead :)

Or just don‘t let the play head ever move completely across the record head. Either adjust the start/end point of a grain (if the grain is bigger) and/or stop the movement, and let it jump to the other side... As every grain has an envelope anyway you should not get clicks that way...

Nice one too! That would work if the time the record head reaches the playhead is bigger than the time when the played "to be damaged" grain ends. But long grains will have clicks anyway, and starting long grain in a different position in general would be noticeable.

I really appreciate your ideas, guys! :)

Return to “Instruments”