Getting Hive?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Dasheesh wrote:Man I love those Hive envelopes, so buttery and precise. They do exactly what you want. Hives envelopes are a very good experience. :)
Yup.. Pretty much the only synth I regret selling :(

Hive, someday you'll be mine again..

That's a great synth for good sounds delivered quickly.

Hive is a good synth, and i would probably buy it, if u-he did sales. They don't, so that's that.

chk071 wrote:Hive is a good synth, and i would probably buy it, if u-he did sales. They don't, so that's that.
Once in a while I saw Hive for sale in the second hand market :wink:

If I want to dial in a certain sound quickly I almost always run to Hive. IMHO I think that Hive have a nice workflow combined with nice sound and many modulation options.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:
chk071 wrote:Hive is a good synth, and i would probably buy it, if u-he did sales. They don't, so that's that.
Once in a while I saw Hive for sale in the second hand market :wink:
True, i saw it for $80 here recently. It was gone in a blink of an eye though. :P

When i first tried Hive, i wasn't too impressed. But, i expected it to be like Sylenth1, which it isn't, quite. It took me several times of demoing it to find its appeal. I just like that kind of synth, especially when the filters are well made, and it has a good sound quality/performance ratio. I think that's the way to go, and what makes people buy the synth, because it's a straight forward synth architecture, which is versatile enough to produce 90 % of the sounds you want to make.

True, i saw it for $80 here recently. It was gone in a blink of an eye though. :P

When i first tried Hive, i wasn't too impressed. But, i expected it to be like Sylenth1, which it isn't, quite. It took me several times of demoing it to find its appeal. I just like that kind of synth, especially when the filters are well made, and it has a good sound quality/performance ratio. I think that's the way to go, and what makes people buy the synth, because it's a straight forward synth architecture, which is versatile enough to produce 90 % of the sounds you want to make.
That is exactly right, and also the reason I bough both Sylenth1 and Hive :tu: ..if you can be patient I am sure you find Hive on the second hand market at a decent price point again. What I normally do is that before I buy anything in the second hand market I check many previous sales of the item in the second hand market to get a feel of the average price point. Then I will know a good price when I see it. Some deals I saw have been insanely good and 80$ for Hive is one of those. No wonder it was gone in seconds :hihi:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Getting HIVE? Why not?!

Other than the marketplace, it can work out cheaper in dollars from places like JRR or Audiodeluxe with the usual discounts.

chk071 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:12 am Hive is a good synth, and i would probably buy it, if u-he did sales. They don't, so that's that.
I'm about to sell mine, since I don't use it very often. It sure is a great sounding synth, but somehow its always the last one to open for me. So if still interested, just get in touch. As far as I'm concerned the upgrade price to the new Hive 2 is only around 20 € then.

Thanks for the offer, but, I'm afraid, in the meantime, after demoing Hive a bit more, I decided that I simply prefer other synths. Purely subjective stuff. :)

OT I know, but just curious if anyone knows why chk071 was suspended..?

On topic though, I heard a rummer that FM was getting implemented into Hive 2 soon...or are these fairy tails :?:
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:56 am OT I know, but just curious if anyone knows why chk071 was suspended..?
For failing to heed a mod warning when people were asked not to make comments on something.

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:54 am Getting HIVE? Why not?!
+1 :clap:

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:56 am OT I know, but just curious if anyone knows why chk071 was suspended..?

On topic though, I heard a rummer that FM was getting implemented into Hive 2 soon...or are these fairy tails :?:
I was wondering that too.

Forgotten wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:04 am
For failing to heed a mod warning when people were asked not to make comments on something.
Tsk tsk

Return to “Instruments”