Plugin Boutique's Carbon Electra

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Carbon Electra Tantra

I've been able to test the issue and it looks like the preset loads successfully with all parameters and settings intact, so this issue is likely fixed.
old wrote: I'll have to put in a lot more effort to track down exactly how it was possible for it to happen to verify the fix, but I'll get a new version built ASAP and inform everyone I'm aware of. If you have this issue please private message me and I can get you a fixed version. This will be updated on the PIB website ASAP, hopefully Monday morning.
The official version was updated on Monday the 1st October so anyone who hasn't received the email notification from PIB should check their spam settings and download the updated version directly from their account on PIB.

I just purchased Carbon Electra a few days ago and I am having this issue as well in Studio One 4. I setup a track with the instrument and preset selected, save it and then restart Studio One, but Carbon Electra starts back at the Init patch. Is a fix available for this issue for Studio One?

what version is your plugin?
click the PB Carbon Electra logo image at top right, it should be v1.5 r55 ?

what OS?
leave some details so Elliot has more of a chance to track down and fix the problem.

Thanks for the quick response. Turns out it was a licensing issue (was still in demo mode). I downloaded the license key again and reapplied it and it is now working.

awesome :)

glad to hear.

This is down to $29 again...

i'll say again... most underrated soft synth.

Carbon Electra is my GO-TO synth. I LOVE it.

Are any of the $10 soundsets good/usable/interesting/worth their money?

depends what style of music you make.
of course they're useable :)

sqigls wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:01 am i'll say again... most underrated soft synth.
I don't know for sure, but I can say that at that price, for anyone looking for good general purpose substractive synth, 29$ is a hell of a deal.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

sqigls wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:52 am depends what style of music you make.
of course they're useable :)
Fair point - I shall be more precise :D

When not busy making other music to earn my bread, I make ambient, EBM, and a bit of DnB in my spare time.

Is there something in these extra paid preset banks that is so much better (or more genre-specific for my needs) than the built-in presets that it´s worth to buy these addon banks (even though there´s hundreds of presets included in the basic package already)?

I also have issues with this plugin. I run windows 10 64-bit. I experience the same 2 issues in both Propellerhead Reason 10 and Ableton Live 10.

1) this might not be an issue... I pick a preset and it works fine, name of preset in listed on the plugin. I save the project and close it. Next time I open the project Carbon Electra shows Init for the patch... Even though it's actually still on to patch I had previously selected. So it works.. It just says it's on Init patch. I have it licensed properly as far as I can tell.

2) it crashes both DAWs randomly. At some point the DAW freezes up and the speakers produce a loud buzzing... Like it froze on a single grain of audio and is just repeating it forever. I have to end the process in task manager. This one is the real killer... Makes the plugin unusable.

I'm running 1.5r55. I use Steinberg UR22 mkII for audio interface.

Any ideas?

I'm having issues with Carbon Electra crashing Cubase regularly when opening up the GUI or loading a patch.

Also occasionally resets to init patch when opening a saved project.

This limits usability, but I do like the sound. Any fixes for this? Had the same issue with the previous build, but I think the reset to init is more frequent after updating. Crashes are the same (always saving before doing anything with Carbon Electra...)

Random is bad. We need to be able to reliably reproduce the crash. If the crash logs show where in the Carbon Electra plug-in code the crash occurred it is possible that we can fix the issue on our side. If the crash occurs elsewhere (the OS or host code) it will be very difficult or potentially even impossible to fix the issue from within the plug-in code.

Can you reliably reproduce the issue with "reset to init" ? In order to fix the code either myself or another author will need to be able to reproduce the issue directly to test and fix it. If the name of the preset is changed to "init" it is possible the host is incorrectly using the "set preset name" function and this can be disabled as a workaround - with the consequence that you'll no longer be able to rename your preset from outside the plug-in GUI. I'd rather not speculate though, so you must provide a means for the issue to be reliably reproduced.

The testing performed at Plugin Boutique did include Cubase and there were (edit: typo) no such issues or crashes during the testing. I believe the designer Davide uses Logic Pro X and Ableton Live regularly so these have also been tested rather extensively.
Last edited by EJRAudio on Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EJRAudio wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:43 am Random is bad. We need to be able to reliably reproduce the crash. If the crash logs show where in the Carbon Electra plug-in code the crash occurred it is possible that we can fix the issue on our side. If the crash occurs elsewhere (the OS or host code) it will be very difficult or potentially even impossible to fix the issue from within the plug-in code.

Can you reliably reproduce the issue with "reset to init" ? In order to fix the code either myself or another author will need to be able to reproduce the issue directly to test and fix it. If the name of the preset is changed to "init" it is possible the host is incorrectly using the "set preset name" function and this can be disabled as a workaround - with the consequence that you'll no longer be able to rename your preset from outside the plug-in GUI. I'd rather not speculate though, so you must provide a means for the issue to be reliably reproduced.

The testing performed at Plugin Boutique did include Cubase and there were so such issues or crashes during the testing. I believe the designer Davide uses Logic Pro X and Ableton Live regularly so these have also been tested rather extensively.
Thanks for the response, have sent you PM and email with a crash logs and more system specs.

The reset to init is more rare than the crashes, but it happens that it's resetting the patch and not just the name. I hope we can iron out the crashes, cause I really like the synth.

Return to “Instruments”