Plugin Boutique's Carbon Electra

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Carbon Electra Tantra

It's definitely a personal preferences sort of thing.

Finding "something I can't already do" though depends upon exploring all the possibilities. That may be focusing on "feature vs. feature" of course which would then be just a self-fulfilling prophecy. Sometimes you can base your judgement upon what isn't there rather than what is. "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

I'd personally say that there are definitely things I can do with CE that I can't do with other plug-ins but it is all about personal preferences. Someone else might compare A/B and tell us they're the same. From my perspective however and knowing how I got from point A to B makes up something significant. Someone comparing A/B on the sounds alone wouldn't experience that.

Again I'm not trying to argue. If you have a better tool for the job then absolutely use the best tool for the job. Carbon Electra isn't going to put on any sort of fireworks display to demonstrate it is king of the hill or "a plug-in for the ages".

I'll say one thing...Carbon's fans are vociferous in their defense of it..... :lol:

To be honest it's getting harder and harder for any synth to make it into my plugin folder these days. I just have too many others to choose from. But I'm willing to demo anything especially if it's on sale.

Carbon just didn't excite me. It's not the end of the world..... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

it's not about defence dude.
if you aren't aware of your own tendencies by now, it's almost sad.

I was willing to give Carbon another try, but it closed Ableton (mac) for me.

Teksonik wrote:I'll say one thing...Carbon's fans are vociferous in their defense of it..... :lol:
Nah, that would be u-he fans. :lol:

It's a very nice EDM synth. Underrated in my opinion.
Glad they did an update.

Just picked it up last night, installed it and it crashed 3 times barely doing anything. Not impressed so far.

sqigls wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:13 am it's not about defence dude.
What's sad is you getting your panties in a bunch because Carbon isn't my "go to" synth.

If by tendencies you mean offering a simple honest opinion then I'll plead guilty. Last time I checked that was still allowed here. I even complimented Carbon several times. Nice synth, just not something I need.

What you won't see me do is harp on it over and over. I saw the sales promotion, tried the demo, wasn't impressed enough to make it an instant purchase and now I'll move on. I suggest you do the same.

If it's too traumatic for the you then that is sad. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

If anyone is experiencing an issue with the plug-in I would appreciate you spending the time to provide detailed information about the platform, host and conditions in which you saw a crash occur in a private message to this KVR account. We can then move to communicating via email.

If you need some motivation: I'd be very happy to get you a free license in return for your help if you don't already own one, a sort of bug-bounty.

Most importantly it is essential to identify the location of a crash. If the plug-in crashes this can be fixed once the cause and location is identified. If the host crashes outside the plug-in code due to some issue with the plug-in configuration only the authors of the host could determine the cause and fix the issue.

If your host provides a crash log with detailed information (such as the standard MacOS detailed crash report dialog) that will contain information about the location in the code where an issue occurred.

I'm only the programmer for the core synthesizer components such as filters, preset management and envelopes. So if the issue is related to my code in some way I can fix it very quickly once we identify where the issue is. I need your help to do so as I do not own every possible PC with every version of every OS, host and combination of configurations and plug-ins.

Crashes are the easiest issues to fix if they occur in the plug-in code because they are most likely bugs and can be reproduced across a variety of hosts, OSes and system configurations. If so I'll be able to reproduce the crash on my local systems and fix it often within an hour or less.

If I can't reproduce the issue I will need your help because you will need to reproduce that issue for me and relay the information that I need in order to fix it.

joshb wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:14 pm Just picked it up last night, installed it and it crashed 3 times barely doing anything. Not impressed so far.
Works 100% fine for me, loving the update.

joshb wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:14 pm Just picked it up last night, installed it and it crashed 3 times barely doing anything. Not impressed so far.
Are you using the 64bit version of Ableton? That is my setup and Carbon is rock solid. I'm loving the update really allows for some flexibility in making sequences and arps. Half price is a no brainer - wish I hadn't paid double but at least it's a free update. Thing sounds 👏 🙏

trixieon wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:59 pm
Are you using the 64bit version of Ableton? That is my setup and Carbon is rock solid. I'm loving the update really allows for some flexibility in making sequences and arps. Half price is a no brainer - wish I hadn't paid double but at least it's a free update. Thing sounds 👏 🙏
The demo crashes Ableton Live 10 for me on mac. Tried twice and Carbon killed Ableton within a few mins.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:46 pm
sqigls wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:13 am it's not about defence dude.
What's sad is you getting your panties in a bunch because Carbon isn't my "go to" synth.

If by tendencies you mean offering a simple honest opinion then I'll plead guilty. Last time I checked that was still allowed here. I even complimented Carbon several times. Nice synth, just not something I need.

What you won't see me do is harp on it over and over. I saw the sales promotion, tried the demo, wasn't impressed enough to make it an instant purchase and now I'll move on. I suggest you do the same.

If it's too traumatic for the you then that is sad. :wink:
there are no bunched panties, but please, tell me more... what year was it? what was she wearing? was she kind to the servants?

I tryied Carbon again yesterday. I really love the new option to bypass filter. Now I don't know if I get Carbon or Diversion (both at same price now).

both great synths! tough choice.
Carbon Electra is probably a tad nicer on the CPU? and RAM!?

Return to “Instruments”