Plugin Boutique's Carbon Electra

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Carbon Electra Tantra

This synth is on sale right now at VSTBuzz, for around $30. Wondering if it's unique in any way. And if anyone actually uses it regularly instead of it just collecting dust with your other unused plugins.

Also included in this deal as an extra special VSTBuzz offer is the Dark Horizon expansion pack (worth €12) for free! meaning you’re getting over €80 worth of value for only €29.99!
29.99 Euro equals 32.79 US Dollar

Musical Gym wrote:Also included in this deal as an extra special VSTBuzz offer is the Dark Horizon expansion pack (worth €12) for free! meaning you’re getting over €80 worth of value for only €29.99!
I'm just trying to figure out how to assign mod wheel to filter cutoff. Nothing in the manual. Never seen anything like this in my life.

Beautiful. I've been waiting for a good sale on this. thanks for the heads up. :wheee:

wagtunes wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:Also included in this deal as an extra special VSTBuzz offer is the Dark Horizon expansion pack (worth €12) for free! meaning you’re getting over €80 worth of value for only €29.99!
I'm just trying to figure out how to assign mod wheel to filter cutoff. Nothing in the manual. Never seen anything like this in my life.
No clue, I just saw freebie add-on to go with deal so posted link.

wagtunes wrote:
I would download the demo and help look but I don't think there is one because it is pluginboutique.com synth?

** EDIT ** Never mind. Didn't see you had discovered a silly LFO workaround.

How really is the envelope step sequencer; is it pretty unique compared to other synths?

wagtunes wrote:
Midi Assign
Press the midi learn button (big button at top of interface)
Adjust a midi controller knob to assign
Adjust something on the gui like cutoff

My mod wheel is currently broken but every assignment i tried apart from the mod
wheel worked, so unless Carbon excluded the mod wheel from the assignments everything seems to work as stated in the Carbon manual under automation and cc control.
Tested only on Ableton, not sure if Cubase handles midi CC in a different way?

no Macbook trackpad scroll support, annoying to need to do deep clicks on everything.
carpel tunnel

twal wrote:This synth is on sale right now at VSTBuzz, for around $30. Wondering if it's unique in any way. And if anyone actually uses it regularly instead of it just collecting dust with your other unused plugins.
Carbon Electra is an excellent synth for learning synthesis, with its big spectrometer and the wise choice of restricions (namely, no mod matrix but direct modulations).

Soundwise, it sounds very modern, direct and bright. It's most used (overused?) sonic trick is the limiter at the end of the signal chain - a lot of presets go very hot into that, creating that "in your face" sound for dance-y sounds. The only other things that sets it apart is the sequencer that can be used for modulations, and the formant filters.

Overall, I spend some 15-20 hours on this thing when I learned substractive synthesis, but I do not think that it can do many things other synths can not. For 30$, it's a steal, but if you already own a good VA-plugin, you can do without it. Direct competitors with that "one page has it all" GUI would be Sylenth, Hive, and Synthmaster One, but each of these is both more powerful and more expensive.

Hope that helps,

K

Thanks

There is already a thread about Carbon Electra:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=441658&start=75&hil ... on+electra

I don't think a thread should be started about a plug just because there is a sale on it.

That is what the seller forum is for.

IMHO, no, there isn't really anything all that special about it.

PS: Ignore Numanoid, he doesn't make the rules.

twal wrote:
I would download the demo and help look but I don't think there is one because it is pluginboutique.com synth?
http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/4 ... on-Electra

There's a demo available, you would first need to sign up, a simple process that takes a few seconds.

ghettosynth wrote:PS: Ignore Numanoid, he doesn't make the rules.
That old thread was from 2015. This one is relevant to the special at vstbuzz and does not require a hall pass.

Hm Carbon Electra crashes FL Studio 12.4.2 / Win7 64Bit if the plugin is used a second time. First time (load, edit etc.) everything working fine, next time it crashes. Happens only with 64 Bit Version, 32 Bit Version runs fine.
No problems at all with Cubase Elements 9.

Return to “Instruments”