Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

All the specs are on the KVR product page for Fathom.

Also the website has loads of info.

Try the mono version first, if that works then the pro version will work since it is exactly the same code except for the polyphony and some extra features.

Officially I do have a full return policy if it actually does not run on a particular Mac OSX through no one has ever asked for their money back.

Glokraw, I have reviewed synths here before myself and I did not have any problem. Such as my review for Dune. I think you can just go to the KVR page for a synth, hit reviews in the upper right, and then click the big "Rate & Review Now" button.

It's been a long time since our last review. I don't like to ask people for reviews but to be honest every time someone does a review the sales jump way up for that day so it probably would be a good idea if people reviewed it more. Fathom tends to get a lot of positive feedback just directly through our email and I post some of the best ones on the web site, but those aren't public reviews.

That will change when Intel AVX comes out soon since that will be huge and will probably get a lot of attention here.

FathomSynth wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:39 am Glokraw, I have reviewed synths here before myself and I did not have any problem. Such as my review for Dune. I think you can just go to the KVR page for a synth, hit reviews in the upper right, and then click the big "Rate & Review Now" button.
In my case, I wanted to review the new soundset,
and the one from wagsrfm...but if something is
not 'on the list', or have it's own page, it appears
there is no obvious way to review it, short of creating a
new forum post/topic. Hopefully someone with
better eyes than mine, or a secret code, can help.
Cheers

The soundset from wagsrfm is there to review. Why not write about Masters Of Ambience in the same review?
At this page bottom there's "Products related to this topic" that lead you to the product page. Select the tab with "soundware" on it.

Putting wagsrfm in the 'Review Something or Find Reviews' box
takes me to his 'Products by Wagsrfm' page, which has no
entry for the Alien Technology Fathom soundset. Entering 'Fathom Synth' leads to Fathom reviews. Entering Alien Technology shows an Aalto synth preset bank sharing that title.

There should be a 'Start Your Review' box, simply ready to begin receiving the text of the product name, and a panel for the review text itself. Not too difficult, or is it unavailable because of potential abuses? Got screenshots?
Cheers

glokraw wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:00 am Putting wagsrfm in the 'Review Something or Find Reviews' box
entry for the Alien Technology Fathom soundset. Entering 'Fathom Synth' leads to Fathom reviews. Entering Alien Technology shows an Aalto synth preset bank sharing that title.

There should be a 'Start Your Review' box, simply ready to begin receiving the text of the product name, and a panel for the review text itself. Not too difficult, or is it unavailable because of potential abuses? Got screenshots?
Cheers
Looks likes Wags' soundset is listed as "Fathom Sound Library". It can be found here:

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/fathom ... by-wagsrfm

I found it this way...
1. Select Products tab.
2. Turn off Instruments, Effects, and Hosts, and turn on Soundware
3. Start typing Fathom in the tags field and select "Presets for Fathom" as the tag.
4. Hit Submit Search

This brings up Wags presets as well as Purple Mist and Aggressive Edges.

So, The question is, how can other soundsets be added so they can be reviewed?

Do you never scroll down to the bottom of a page you visit? :nutter:
It is Fathom product!
Can you not draw a conclusion? :bang:
"soundware" can only be found at one tab/place on Fathom product!

Saffran wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:22 am Do you never scroll down to the bottom of a page you visit? :nutter:
It is Fathom product!
Can you not draw a conclusion? :bang:
"soundware" can only be found at one tab/place on Fathom product!
Hey Saffran. No, I do not scroll down to the bottom of every page I visit. Why should I? No need to be such a complete jerk.

It does not appear that English is your first language, so your instructions were not really that clear. For one thing, you would not normally say "At this page bottom"; you would say "at the bottom of this page". Secondly, I thought you were referring to the bottom of the wagsfrm soundset page, not the page of this forum. Neither gloklaw nor I picked up on what you were trying to say. Just because the instructions seem clear to you, does not mean they are clear to everyone else.

Saffran wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:21 am The soundset from wagsrfm is there to review. Why not write about Masters Of Ambience in the same review?
Why should the review go there? The review would be for Master Of Ambience, not Wags' Alien Technology soundset.

Friends, I need to step in here as referee. We almost got our thread here closed down before due to acrimony. Let's all be respectful to each other so we don't risk it.

Also, just generally speaking, it happens to be true that Fathom is used by people in over thirty different countries so it is very safe to assume that common English terms might find their way into this thread in many ways and variations, so we should not worry too much about this.

I realize it is a disadvantage to people who want to review the sound banks since they are only offered for sale on the web site and generally not here on KVR unless posted by the individual sound designer. Honestly though, I do this because it's easier for me and takes less time out of actually developing the synth.

I personally don't have a problem with someone starting a separate thread on reviewing all the various sound banks so other users can use this information when they are surfing the banks.

Also, let's not forget that our own official sound banks are a very small percentage of the global work creating presets with Fathom and I am absolutely totally fine with people selling there own Fathom sound banks here on KVR and there's no need to ever send us a percentage. And that would make it easy here for people then to review those user banks as a product.

Just for your info, some of our sound designers have in the past made as much as a couple hundred dollars a month selling Fathom sound banks, so if you gather all your original Fathom presets which you've been making over the months into a bank and sell it here on KVR you could potentially make some good money.

I apologize for my comments. Mostly it was the emoticons that got to me. Feel free to delete what I said, or I can.

courtjestr wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:37 pm
glokraw wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:00 am Putting wagsrfm in the 'Review Something or Find Reviews' box

Cheers
Looks likes Wags' soundset is listed as "Fathom Sound Library". It can be found here:

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/fathom ... by-wagsrfm

I found it this way...
1. Select Products tab.
2. Turn off Instruments, Effects, and Hosts, and turn on Soundware
3. Start typing Fathom in the tags field and select "Presets for Fathom" as the tag.
4. Hit Submit Search

This brings up Wags presets as well as Purple Mist and Aggressive Edges.

So, The question is, how can other soundsets be added so they can be reviewed?

This is a great question and this is how it can be resolved.

You are able to see the soundsets by WgasFM and Scrubbing Monkeys because Scrubbing Monkeys and WagsFM are both registered KVR developers and those soundsets are listed on our respective KVR developer pages. Solidtrax and Seaweed Audio are also developers and need to put their soundware products up on their KVR developer pages. Once they do that they will appear with the others on the KVR Fathom product page under the soundware tab at the top and thus will be able to be reviewed. Because Masters of Ambience is a collective effort it should be placed on the Fathom KVR developer page. The bundles should also be put up on the KVR Fathom developer page IMHO
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Thanks Scrubbing Monkeys.

The Masters of Ambience are absolutely top notch. Just playing though the presets starts the creative juices flowing and many a new song begins to form in my head as I envision the possibilities. I know this sounds creepy, but I would love to dissect some of the presets, to see what makes them tick. Fathom is one of the few synths that invites you to play.

courtjestr wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:53 pm Thanks Scrubbing Monkeys.

The Masters of Ambience are absolutely top notch. Just playing though the presets starts the creative juices flowing and many a new song begins to form in my head as I envision the possibilities. I know this sounds creepy, but I would love to dissect some of the presets, to see what makes them tick. Fathom is one of the few synths that invites you to play.
Thank you for your kind words. I thought it turned out well too. It is not creepy to dissect these. That is what is so cool about these things. Fathom is great because it is so deep, so there are a lot of ways to approach things. I my self will be spending time dissecting some of Solidtrax stuff. They may sound simple on the surface but the punch and thickness is amazing. One could easily create a world of unique presets based on the ones in Masters of Ambience
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Masters of Ambience had 242 downloads in one day!

Saffran wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:22 am ...Do you never ...
...Can you not...
Finnnnaaaaalllllllyyy got a review made :hihi:
I take smileys as a edacazshunol oppatunetty,
even if kvr mods may wet themselves a bit easily :wink:

(My shrink doesn't think I'm really crazy,
but she's hot, and I'm not, so I look forward
to the sessions anyway :hyper: )
Cheers

Return to “Instruments”