Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Just purchased. Great job, you've implemented many of those suggestions extremely quickly. The KVR intro price is very generous and a total no brainer.

Awesome..... bought :tu:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

The demos sounds great. I just want to mention the spelling on the website, in case no one else has yet.
"Fathom Pro Polyphinic VST for Windows 64 Bit"

Oops! I will fix that now.

Ha Ha !

Excellent sharp eye !

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Playing around more with this and enjoying it a lot.
A couple more suggestions/questions:

More polyphony would be nice, most modern synths seem to offer at least up to 32 voice (although there are exceptions eg Loom). Working with lots of delay/reverb/long releases as I primarily design ambient patches I was finding the 16 voices a little noticeable. Not a huge deal, but being able to set more polyphony would be nice if possible.

Is there any access to the master pitch? Doesn't seem to be as far as I could tell, and being able to modulate that could be a nice feature too.

With the sequencer - when switching between the segment edges it would be nice if the synth didn't overwrite the sequence. Eg if you've built up a sequence with step, and then you switch it to glide it changes, but then when you go back to step it doesn't recall the previous step settings. It would be nice to be able to hear both for A/B testing and also in case you accidentally press the button so that your original settings can be recalled.

Is it possible to vary the speed of multiple sequencers? They seem to be locked to host tempo, but it's possible I'm just overlooking something or don't quite understand how they work yet.

A GUI suggestion, I think the little X icon next to the modulators is a little confusing, as usually you would associate it with closing or removing something but it actually opens up a little submenu - maybe a + symbol would be more user friendly? EDIT: Ok I'm stupid, it defaults on multiply and the icons change depending on what's selected.
Last edited by skyscape on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

I really like this, I tried the mono version and it seems easier for modular than others. When I try to find it in the folder it shows it as "Synthesizer", so it was kind of hard to find. I think it would be a lot nicer and easier to find if it were named Fathom although I found it when I saw Seaweed Audio.

I like the sound a lot, and the presets are cool. A lot of variety in sound. I really like the pad-like sound to it. It's gui is really, really, nice. But, I think it's a tad plain. Probably be a better seller if it were spiced up a bit..

If I were to play with modular this one would be it. It's a great starting point. It's really cheap too- thanks for the deal on here. It's hard to pass up. I'm going to pay with it some more. I wish I knew enough to make suggestions, but I don't. So, so far that's all I can think of!

Just downloaded and started to play with mono version. Wow!

Will probably get the pro version later tonight. Nice job.

Edit: Bought. Seems like the synth is capable of much more than EDM focused projects.

I didn't see mention of PayPal on your site even though you offer it. Maybe I missed it. It's my preferred method of payment.

Edit: Polyphony is misspelled as Polyphany on interface.

Is there a manual? I'm trying to figure out how to activate the x/y boxes.
Will check videos.

Any chance of a 32-bit Windows version?

Musical Gym wrote:- - -

I didn't see mention of PayPal on your site even though you offer it. Maybe I missed it. It's my preferred method of payment.

- - -

Is there a manual? I'm trying to figure out how to activate the x/y boxes.
Will check videos.
When you arrive at the payment, you have two tabs, by default the tab opened is the one for a credit card, but the second tab is for Paypal, just click it and you are on the common Paypal process. I made that way, without any problem.
:)

About a manual... the website tells that for the moment there is no manual. I think it is because the synth is currently in its huge phase of improvements and creation of new features.
:party:

Some pages are extremely useful to replace temporarily a PDF manual. For the moment these pages : :tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Congratulations for the release, and thanks muchly for the very gracious intro price! I haven't read the whole thread, but here's a FR I stumbled upon immediately: could you please add a random LFO shape? Or something like a S+H with smooth control?

FathomSynth wrote:It's unbelievable it hasn't crashed for anyone
Doesn't like recursion. Stack overflow!
stack-overflow.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LOL, I knew someone was going to try that eventually.
You must be a software tester by day.

Yes I will fix that so it is smart enough to detect a feedback loop.

Also, there are a lot of great feature requests above in this thread over the last few days.

Tonight I will add a post here with a complete recap on all the outstanding feature requests,
most of which will go into the next two releases.
Everett

Couldn't resist, purchased it as well :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I just added a "Quick Start Guide" Video to the Tutorials page on the Website.
This video is more efficient and covers everything you need to know in 12 minutes.

Return to “Instruments”