Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Currently there is no MIDI learn function.
However, I will be adding it in the next release.

Many thanks for your reply, I look forward to this function. Just like to grab the opportunity of saying how much I like Fathom, so easy and logical when starting with the basics, and at the same time I see virtually unlimited possibilities in it, although I have a long way to go to take advantage of them, but I will.

Thanks, That's good to hear.

FathomSynth wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:02 pm Currently there is no MIDI learn function.
However, I will be adding it in the next release.
Nice!!! :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Hey guys, I have just recently added my two Fathom soundsets to the KVR product pages. For those who have these and used them. I would greatly appreciate some genuine reviews. I realize it is kind of a shameless request but if I didn't let you know it was there you may never find it. Thanks for your time and patronage.....now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/aggres ... ng-monkeys
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/purple ... ng-monkeys
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

FathomSynth wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:02 am There's never been an interface like the one I described, at least not to my knowledge, and certainly not anywhere in music software.

The interface will be all metal with sub-surface glass lighting and real time reflections, dynamic shadows, plus everything adjustable by the user.

Crytek's CryEngine gaming engine is certainly capable of it, but I don't think anyone has used its power for that purpose yet.
Hopefully, it will be turnoffable. I like to keep things simple. If I want fancy graphics, I'll go on my gaming machine. My music PC is for audio, I only need audio bells and whistles, not graphic ones as well, just don't need the distraction.

Yes, in the advanced GUI everything will be controlled by the user. If you want a flat or more subtle interface you will be able to tone down all shading and saturation to zero and set the color tones to anything you want.

Scrubbing Monkeys, I just gave you a couple good reviews for the new KVR sound bank pages. Also, I would go into your Market Place Admin and take the bank products out of the beta phase so more users can enter reviews.

Folks, let's show our support for the new Scrubbing Monkeys banks by giving him some check boxes and good reviews. Increasing the popularity of these amazing sound banks will also draw more users to Fathom.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/aggres ... ng-monkeys
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/purple ... ng-monkeys

Thanks Everett
I think I got that straight.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Folks, we need some more reviews for Aggressive Edges and Purple Mist here on KVR.

I know many of you have been using these banks for quite a while, so go to the pages above and enter a brief review, even just a once sentence blurb is fine.

I made a few presets by modifying existing sounds,
(using V231.02 32bit version in win 7)
I saved them with a new name, and also using
the save icon on the gui, which made an incremental
preset like newsound and newsound -1

But the new sounds don't appear in a filemanger,
just in the preset listing from the gui. I don't want to
close Fathom, until I know whats up.
The Programs folder is in the normal paths for 64
and 32 bit versions. I also would have thought the new sounds
might have gone to the Users folder in the Programs folder,
but they are empty. Do the sound listings wait 'til fathom
is closed before updating?

Any tips are most welcome!
Cheers

I just tested the front panel down arrow save button in Windows and it seems to be working perfectly on my system. It performs a non-destructive save of the current preset name using an incremented index.

The right side list comes from the system so if a preset is shown in the right side list then it has to be on your system HD somewhere. So you must be simply looking at different folders.

To fix this, keep the Fathom GUI open and hit Browser. Click in the top title bar and copy and paste that path into Windows Exploror to navigate externally to the actual root folder you have selected in Fathom, then in Windows Explorer click on the same sub folder which you have selected in the Fathom left side browser window and you should see the new presets. If the Windows folder files did not update try pressing F5 or relaunching Windows Explorer.

I'm pretty sure the Fathom Browser list is never populated internally but always populated from the actual hard disk even after you do something to change it such as saving or renaming a preset so if you see a preset in the list it has to be somewhere on your system. The reason I say this is if on some systems you try to save a preset to a system folder and it won't let you then the preset will not appear in the list.

Let me know if that works.

The modified presets reload and play as saved in Fathom,
but aren't in the folder listed in the browser titlebar

<Config>
<Path>
<ProgramRoot>C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns\Fathom\Programs\Purple Mist</ProgramRoot>
<Program>C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns\Fathom\Programs\Purple Mist</Program>

Also, appended names are truncated in the browser titlebar,
while showing correctly in the selection list itself.

WatermelonCrawl-SM -OK
WatermelonCrawl-SM-smoothe-vibe OK
WatermelonCrawl-SM-smoothe-vibe-1 (-1 not shown
in the titlebar, yet displayed fully in the preset
selection list)

Users\me\AppData\Roaming\FathomSynth
is where the Fathom.xml file is located,
is that the right place?

The fields for category, author, and comment are
not filled in on the modified presets,
as seen in the browser listing,
and no prompt to enter them was seen here
when saving them. Hope this helps.

Cheers

I checked in a Mint 18 linux setup, using the first Purple Mist preset,
saved it once by increment, once as a renamed preset,
and lastly as an incremental save on the renamed preset,
see the attached screenshot. All are there in the preset folder
as expected.
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Please post the complete path for the location where you are trying to save the files.

If you are trying to save to a location where the OS does not allow applications to write to then nothing will work.

People constantly report this problem and 100% of the time it ends up being because they put the Fathom folder in a system folder such as the Windows Programs folder, User folder or the Mac Library folder etc.

Please read the manual.

I don't understand the following statement:

"The modified presets reload and play as saved in Fathom, but aren't in the folder listed in the browser titlebar"

If Fathom can load a preset but your operating system does not show the file then there is something very seriously wrong with your operating system.

Also, are you trying rename the preset files outside of Fathom, if so you may be screwing up the name formatting.

The path is in either

C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Fathom\Programs\Purple Mist

C:Users\Public\VstPlugins\Fathom\Programs\Purple Mist

Most of my plugins reside in those two VstPlugins folders,
NI and U-he in the Users area, IK, Cakewalk and 64 bit loners
in Program Files\VstPlugins,
and in Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins,
mostly synthedit collections and misc 32bit stowaways

Just checked again after doing an incremental save
on the first Purple Mist preset, Arrival SM, and Arrival SM-1
is not in either Fathom location. :?

Return to “Instruments”