Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

What is the difference between the OS X Official Build and the Sierra build...in other words, is the Sierra still a latest version or did it get left behind? (I am still on Sierra). Thanks.

The Sierra build is built in Mac OSX with the XCode deployment target set to 10.12 instead of 10.6.

Some Sierra users need this build since the 10.6 deployment will not run.

The Sierra build did not get left behind, it is still included in the Alternate Builds download.

Thank you!

Just went back to catch up on all the posts on the previous page for the 2.29 release.

Classic,
Anyone who has purchased the Pro version of Fathom always has access to the most recent software upgrade regardless of how long ago they got Fathom Pro.

Kwurqx,
Thanks for your comments. The CPU improvements after the Fathom 3.0 oscillator design will be even more drastic as it will be able to do both Intel Vector SIMD and NVidia GPU CUDA processing.

Willsavino,
Also, thanks for comments!

Glokraw,
Likewise!

Thanks for filters log scale

OK, good, I was meaning to tell you about that.

Also, 2.30 will be coming out tomorrow.

It will include a new filter, the Variable BiQuad.

It's a BiQuad filter with variable order and variable slope roll off.

The variable slope biquad is much faster than the existing variable slope filter because it is implemented directly with the second order biquad parameters instead of using a cascaded filter which takes up twice the real-time. It also behaves and sounds more like an analog filter because it uses a single filter stage instead of the cascaded filter.

FathomSynth wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:27 am OK, good, I was meaning to tell you about that.

Also, 2.30 will be coming out tomorrow.

It will include a new filter, the Variable BiQuad.

It's a BiQuad filter with variable order and variable slope roll off.

The variable slope biquad is much faster than the existing variable slope filter because it is implemented directly with the second order biquad parameters instead of using a cascaded filter which takes up twice the real-time. It also behaves and sounds more like an analog filter because it uses a single filter stage instead of the cascaded filter.
Fix of memory hog by mixer will be included?

Yes that fix will be in the release.

Mixer digital delay buffers will be dynamic so they are not allocated unless used.
This basically reduces the mixer memory footprint to zero unless the delays are used.

The attached mp3 is two fathom presets, adjusted only
for portamento speed, and reduced polyphony.
Chopped so can be looped, if anyone is loopy.
(Fathom makes Tuesday afternoon feel like Friday night :help: )

:wink: :hyper: :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cool preset, Great quote!

Cool indeed, but they are stock Fathom sounds,
nothing I cooked up. Fortunately, my daw is not locked
at 120 bpm :wink:

I bought this synth and installed it about the first week and haven't used it til now. I upgraded to 2.29 and added the new .dll to my fx folder in REAPER. Is that all I need to do? I see that the preset folders 'international' and a couple other have no presets in them. I want to really try this synth out now. How many presets does it come with now?

The user manual has complete installation instructions.

It comes with hundreds of presets, none of the folders should be empty.

Awesome :)

have this synth for a good time, but never used. Tried to load it some weeks ago, but CPU usage was huge. But the 2.29 update is working real fine here!

So, do we have a version 2.30 now?
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”