Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Well, I meant seagulls in a good way. But yes, when I'm not coding I do go out for a walk.
Actually there was a time when I could run five miles in 30 minutes, sadly those days are over.

Also, important news, we now have a dedicated company server and automated email list so development updates will now go out once a month. Fear not, for they will never include marketing of any kind. The new once step installer is also done and I coded a license host myself. This will be super easy and released after beta testing proves it runs smoothly for everyone.

Hey, we are making a major marketing effort at the end of this month.

If anyone has any favorite YouTube Channels or Review Sites which you want included to hear about Fathom, please list them below.

I become more and more happy with my Fathom purchase every day hearing all this news. As far as youtubers go, here's a list of some I watch who might be interested:
-SeamlessR
-Mr. Bill
-loopop
-Sonicstate
-Andrew Huang
-Benn and Gear
-Simon Stockhausen

Windows 10 and too many plugins

Last edited by FathomSynth on Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I've just seen what's lined up for next month promo-wise. Looks good, hopefully you'll get some well deserved sales off the back of it. :wink: 8)

Looks like exposure of Fathom is going to increase hugely on the 20th March! Congratulations! Really good news! I hope sales go well from it.

Why? What's happening March 20th?

3-14 is pi day and add 7 = March 20th.
Just kidding I dont know.

Well 3-20 is the end of the world.
Why would that increase sales?
Oh, I get it.
You want to have Fathom in heaven.
That is if you are assuming that this is where you will end up. :lol:

We are releasing a new sound bank which includes all the original presets used to make the demo song "Mountain Climber".

It includes 40 presets and the Ableton project file for the song.

FathomSynth wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:48 pm We are releasing a new sound bank which includes all the original presets used to make the demo song "Mountain Climber".

It includes 40 presets and the Ableton project file for the song.
This is exciting news. INSTANT BUY! :clap:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

If it's not dozens and dozens, any chance there could be
stems stashed in a reaper project file?
Looking forward to the promotions!
Cheers

The sound bank includes all the midi files so you can load them into any DAW.

Plus all the audio files including all the drum tracks start at the start of song,
meaning that they are aligned, so you can load them into any DAW and they
will be aligned with the midi track, and you can download these from the sound banks page.

The sound bank also includes a legal release license for the song so you can remix it
and release it for profit under your own name.

Love the new "Mountain Climber" sound set! Many great usable presets. And Fathom is one of the best sounding synths I have (I do have a lot of them). However not without some issues.

When playing poly some of the factory sound sets and the add on sound sets will crackle heavily. Same goes for playing fast (which in fact is like playing poly). Most sound sets can handle 2-3 simultaneous notes but will crackle from 4 and up. Does not apply for all sound sets but for many. An example is the new "Piano Silky". My computer is MAC intel 3,2 GHZ, running Cubase 10 and/or Logic X with only Fathom loaded (also tried in Reaper). Full buffer size.

One suggestion for the GUI: To be able to have the presets as a separate floating window. As it is now the browser disappears when loading a preset.
Mac Pro 3,2Ghz - 10TB - 20GB, Cubase 10 + 8 + 7 + 5 + 4, Logic X, Yamaha 01v96, Hammerfall RAYDAT.

Rumdrum,

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. There's a chapter at the start of the manual on maximizing CPU and poly.

I've tuned the existing code about as much as possible without moving to Intel Vector SIMD which we will be doing this year. I will also be implementing GPU CUDA processing which will multiply the CPU by about 32 or 64 depending on your graphics card.

FathomSynth wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:03 pm Rumdrum,

I've tuned the existing code about as much as possible without moving to Intel Vector SIMD which we will be doing this year.
Good news!

But I do have a question regarding the planned Intel Vector implementation. Which version are you going to target? I noticed that my Intel Ivy Bridge (3rd gen) Core CPU was released with support for Intel AVX, but there has been an Intel AVX upgrade since, with AVX2 in 2013, used in 4th thru 9th gen Core CPUs.
Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel® AVX)

Intel® AVX is 256 bit instruction set extension to Intel® SSE designed for applications that are Floating Point (FP) intensive. Intel AVX improves performance due to wider vectors, new extensible syntax, and rich functionality. Intel AVX2 was released in 2013, extending vector processing capability across floating-point and integer data domains. This results in higher performance and more efficient data management across a wide range of applications. Examples are image and audio/video processing, scientific simulations, financial analytics, and 3D modeling and analysis.
Intel® Streaming SIMD Extensions Technology
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... ssors.html
Intel® Core™ Processors
https://ark.intel.com/#@PanelLabel122139
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”