VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Features Planned Next Round for Fathom

Modulate modulation parameters
Wave scan 16 oscillator frame linear and 2D modulatable
Waveform subtractor (frequency notched waveforms)
Wavedraw modulatable XY points
Keyboard track and bypass on all filters
Intel vector SIMD instructions in the audio path
Multi-thread phase modulation (Fatter sound)
Frequency distortion envelopes (Fatter sound)
Free hand draw modulator envelopes
Random function modulator
Save and browser modulator envelopes
256 envelope segments
Multiple signal flow layers per VST instance
Glide-able chords
More export formats for wavedraw
Arpeggiator

Fathom currently does not pose real competition to the best synth's on the market. I think this feature list would change that.
Everett

I welcome comments on the priority of these features.

FathomSynth wrote: 2 bug reports for 250 downloads seems incredibly low (...). Are people trying the synth and just not liking it, and then not using it? (...) If you think it "sucks", tell me, since this will control where I focus.
Hello,

I've tried a few presets and have not been impressed by the sound, so I've quickly forgot about it. Maybe it's just the presets themselves. I think they sound very, very oldschool.

But I'm mostly into futuristic multi-layered poly-synthesis synths, so I'm sure some people love it. I will give it a try again later when more presets are available.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Fair enough. Sounds like I could use a good sound designer. Any volunteers?

My forte is coding not sound design. Other than Fathom I'm currently use Omnisphere, Spire, Sylenth, SynthMaster and Zebra. But I've been so busy with development I have not tried anything new in a long time.

Could anyone recommend a synth that is known for more impressive and sophisticated multi-layered morphing preset sounds?

I'm tempted to try Serum, Diva or Dune, but a great synth is not cheap so I'd welcome your ideas first.

I've tried to stay away from copying anyone else's presets, overall sound or features, but if I heard a great example of what you are talking about, it would raise the bar for my own preset library.

Thanks!

Parawave Rapid is IMO a good example of very modern layered multi octave pre mixed and FX'ed sounds, with instant wow effect. Some presets can make a song just by pressing a single note.

Also Vengeance Avenger, UVI Falcon and Halion 6 maybe.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

"Currently the synth is only a VST plugin for any Windows 64 Bit OS."

please add this to the thread title, or at least the first post

OK, I added that to the first post and also to the top of the product description on the instrument page.

FathomSynth wrote:
I'm tempted to try Serum, Diva or Dune, but a great synth is not cheap so I'd welcome your ideas first.
You can finance Serum for $10/month through Splice. Once you pay for 19 months it's yours, and you can always pause payments and continue again later.

(You could even use that to demo serum for $10 month, and cancel after the first month or two if it's not for you.)
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

People, we've had almost 300 downloads now, not a single crash reported, and very few issues.

Several KVR members have done extensive testing and recommended features which we are currently implementing.

So this weekend I will make available to KVR members only the pro polyphonic version of the product for $11.00.

I will publish a page code here probably Saturday usable on the company web site.

Thanks,
Everett

I went and checked it. I like the sound a lot. I was going to dl the mono, but I skipped it. I will try it out for myself, and give feedback. It is definitely worth the kvr price, thanks.

Is it going to be mac release ?
So if ill buy the win ver ill get mac ver in the future?

There will be a Mac version, but not till later this year.

bite_me wrote: Tested your synth but didn´t like the sound of it. Sounds so dull and resonant.
+1
Also the GUI (in FL Studio) was huge so pretty unusable to me. EDM synth? Not to my ears.

Overall it looks and sounds half-baked. it may be a cool concept, but it also needs a pretty package (GUI, presets and whatnot). One more thing: Sylenth was (is) so popular partly because it's very light on resources and yet being able to put out very impressive sounds. CPU matters. There are ppl still working on less performant machines (me included).
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

FathomSynth wrote:There will be a Mac version, but not till later this year.
If i ll buy now, will i get the mac ver later?

I've had a quick play, will provide more feedback once I've played more. First impressions:
I like the idea of the synth and also quite like the workflow. Gui doesn't look too bad, but I think would be better with the texture removed. Loading presets would be nice to have the option to click to load, or double click - not have to press the load button. Small things, but they make life easier. What seems to be the real problem is the realtime performance of the synth - at least when I tested it, my DAW is Renoise. Often when changing parameters I would get stuttery choppy sound as they would change, but clear sound when the change had happened. Also when adding partials there is a sort of 'refresh' stutter. If I change the master volume on some presets it drops out entirely rather than smooth transition. I will try in a different DAW later. I think it's a good start, but maybe still has a while to go. I will keep an eye on it for sure though.

Return to “Instruments”