ARTURIA ARP 2600V vs Way Out Ware TimewARP 2600 in 2017?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ARP 2600 V3 Arppe2600va TimewARP 2600

jbuonacc wrote:
fmr wrote: Emulations interest me less and less for what they are, especially emulations of limited stuff as the Mini is. And I would never buy a soft synth limited in what concerns polyphony.
that's nice? obviously the sound and behavior of an emulation doesn't matter much to you. thankfully it does to some devs. (why do you tend to get wrapped up in discussing things that you don't have any real interest or conviction in either way?) polyphony and "nice extras" should never be an issue for someone who wants the sound/behaviour of an SH-101, Pro-One, Minimoog, or whatever... and CPU usage be damned, if that's what it takes to do an acceptable job of it.
So, if having one of those is so important to you, go buy one. You can even buy a new Minimoog now. Owning and having owned several analogues, I am not so enthusiastic of emulations of things like the SH-101, Pro-One, Minimoog, whatever. They are limited, and only made sense in a time where the technology could not achieve better. If it could, I'm even convinced these would have never exist (as soon as the technology evolved, the synths that appeared were all much better - look at things like the Jupiter-8, the Prophet-10 or Prophet T8, Memorymoog, etc. (just to mention the same labels that manufactured the former). I wonder why someone would prefer an emulation of a Minimoog over an emulation of a Memorymoog, for example?
jbuonacc wrote:
fmr wrote:I tend to value emulations for what they ARE as softsynths, and what they add to the table, in terms of new sounds and originality.
i don't think you "value" emulations at all. as an emulation, bringing "new sounds and originality" to the table should be the least of anyone's concerns. plenty of other synths for that.
As I wrote, I value emulations of things like the Matrix-12, the CS-80, the VCS-3, a SY99 (or FS1R), the PS-3300, the Synclavier, modular, and things like that. These were all synths that brought something to the table that was unique, and not easily recreated anywhere else. I want emulations of these because they are hard to find, crazily expensive, and even if I could get one, the maintenance would be a nightmare.

Anyway, this is derailing the thread. Let's get back to the ARP 2600 (curiously enough, nobody ever asked for an ARP 2500 - again, I wonder why).
Fernando (FMR)

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

i would like to have an arp2500 emulation, even a new moog voyager, sub phatty, pro2 and prophet 6 emu, because the original hardware is to expensive.

I had TimewARP 2600 since 2009 and at that time it was one of my favorite plugins (and for my taste at that time also one of the most analog sounding ones). While with the last v1.6 update from Sonivox the plugin still works nicely also in e.g. Live 9 and Cubase Pro 9 in Windows 10 and it still sounds nice i admit that recently i had more fun with Arturia ARP 2600 V3 (as part of V-Collectoon 5).

Still an update fo TimwARP 2600 would be great but not sure if and when it will happen and how many changes could and/or will be done to the sound engine and new features.

Besides that i think it would still be worth doing another 2600 emulation with the same quality as e.g. The Legend and Repro-1. Anyway i would ike to see a full second ADSR envelope instaed of the AR one (or having a choice between both options).

With e.g. The Legend i was happy to get two full ADSR envelopes instead of the original ADS (or ADSD) envelopes in the real thing and in most other Minimoog Model D emulations (including e.g. Monark and Mini V).

FWIW i also got Gforce Oddity 2 here.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

01 - Arturia - ARP 2600 - Variation
02 - Arturia - ARP 2600 - Ant Farm
03 - Spitfire Audio - Spitfire Symphonic Strings Evolutions

https://soundcloud.com/user-919732565/t ... the-wizard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sorry... del-- wrong post

I like the sound of both TimeWARP and Arp 2600 V, but the TimeWARP is terribly buggy for me. I.e., I have two instances in a project, and when I reopen it both instances act like they've lost authorization and refuse to make sound. I'm using an obsolete sequencer in this case and haven't tested thoroughly to see if the problem occurs with up-to-date sequencers.
A well-behaved signature.

Think we might see an overhauled Timewarp in 2019?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:15 am Think we might see an overhauled Timewarp in 2019?
You are talking about a SONiVOX product, has that ever happened?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:58 pm
electro wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:15 am Think we might see an overhauled Timewarp in 2019?
At least their support is actually non-existent :borg:

Do I understand correctly that the newest manual for the synthesizer is dated 2004?

https://www.wayoutware.com/timewARP2600_Manual.pdf

I´m sure it will sound great if you use WinXP to add vintage warmth to the sound :D

Saw wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:15 am Do I understand correctly that the newest manual for the synthesizer is dated 2004?

https://www.wayoutware.com/timewARP2600_Manual.pdf
The original Arp manual from the 70s would be sufficient I guess, the way to install software hasn‘t changed much either since 2004...

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:58 pm
I have no idea why Jim, the guy who originally designed it, but who had financial troubles and could not continue supporting it (for about half the time it was with him), would sell it to a company who is equally as bad as him at support - the product should've gone to someone who could capably handle it.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Return to “Instruments”