ARTURIA ARP 2600V vs Way Out Ware TimewARP 2600 in 2017?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ARP 2600 V3 Arppe2600va TimewARP 2600

I just bought the TimewARP on special but unfortunately I am unable to register it. The process is easy to follow and finishes with copying a code into a field and then clicking OK. Then.... nothing. This is in Reaper, Tracktion and FL Studio.

I have emailed their support but that might take a while so in the meantime - any ideas?

woggle wrote:I just bought the TimewARP on special but unfortunately I am unable to register it. The process is easy to follow and finishes with copying a code into a field and then clicking OK. Then.... nothing. This is in Reaper, Tracktion and FL Studio.

I have emailed their support but that might take a while so in the meantime - any ideas?
Try running host as admin ?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
woggle wrote:I just bought the TimewARP on special but unfortunately I am unable to register it. The process is easy to follow and finishes with copying a code into a field and then clicking OK. Then.... nothing. This is in Reaper, Tracktion and FL Studio.

damn - that had me really excited right up until I tried it :lol:

woggle wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:

What about in standalone mode?

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
woggle wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:

I don't think there is one - it is just a VST

woggle wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
woggle wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:

I don't think there is one - it is just a VST
There was before it went to UVI Sonivox
Last edited by VariKusBrainZ on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Did anyone mention it uses alot more CPU than The Arturia Arp

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Did anyone mention it uses alot more CPU than The Arturia Arp
I saw a lot of reference to that when I was looking around before buying, but at the sale price it is a great deal if it can work on my setup. Its a nostalgia thing for me, I was very close to buying one many many years ago and bought the much smaller Axxe new before then. It was a great synth. I hope to get it working and not have to go through the hassle of refunds.

i like both, the arturia is much fun with the sequencer but the timewarp sounds much bether.
I asked AIR Music / Sonnivox S. Bangs two years ago for an update with some bugs, he wrote me it will be soon released, but never happened. So be aware of the worst service, timewarp is abandoned.
My main problem is that i have to open the GUI first, if i load a set / song in ableton or any other daw, otherwise the plugin keeps silent if i start playing my song.

ENV1 wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Sorry but this is nonsense. They improved the filter if the miniV and that is all. ARP sound has not changed at all. It's possible that presets have changed somewhat since they I think they had to redo some presets with all the analog lab integration and all the sound map stuff but the engine has not been updated.
I recently checked some the latest V3 demos to see if they had finally fixed any of the 10+ years old bugs and errors that i kept bringing up in threads. (It has become kind of a tradition to do that every once in a while.) And i still cant believe it: They actually DID. After 10+ years finally something was done, they just failed to tell anyone about it. (Well at least i hadnt heard anything about it.)

Most notably:

- minimoogs VCF modulation by VCO3 is finally no longer reversed (fixed for all waveforms)

- The Saw waves of ARP 2600s VCOs are finally ramping upwards instead of downwards

(First time ever since initial release that the ARPs Saws are ramping in the right direction.)

I also tried the Jupiter-8, (more or less just for fun), and noticed a change there too, namely this really annoying attack-click which kept occuring even with increased Attack and Release times appeared to be completely gone. (Which im sure owners of the Jupiter-8 will be glad to hear.)

So while they are not exactly 'verbose' with regard to info on changes, at least there seems to be an effort going on behind the scenes now which aims to fix at least some of the errors that have plagued their plugins for more than a decade due to total neglect in these areas. How far this will ultimately go of course remains to be seen, as does whether or not they will replace this incredibly wasteful new UI system with something that doesnt require tens of thousands of files in thousands of folders. (Which i personally will never go along with because in my opinion this is where the users just have to say no.) But at any rate, at least there is finally some action with regard to the sound side of things. They are definitely working on it, so maybe the future for Arturia instruments will be brighter than many had believed due to their rather weak performance in recent years. Time will tell.
So maybe Arturo's are telling a half truth at best in that fixed a few bugs/glitches in the sound. But certainly not the modeling of the synths. Except the mini filter of course.

I posted on Sonivox facebook page and they have got back to me very quickly - hopefully all goes well

Echoes in the Attic wrote:So maybe Arturo's are telling a half truth at best in that fixed a few bugs/glitches in the sound. But certainly not the modeling of the synths. Except the mini filter of course.
Yeah, i hadnt heard anything else either. At least officially only the minimoogs VCF was actually remodelled.

But something is definitely going on in the background. Whether they are merely fixing the most blatant bugs and errors or actually intend to improve the accuracy and overall quality of the emulations themselves as well of course remains to be seen.

ENV1 wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:So maybe Arturo's are telling a half truth at best in that fixed a few bugs/glitches in the sound. But certainly not the modeling of the synths. Except the mini filter of course.
Yeah, i hadnt heard anything else either. At least officially only the minimoogs VCF was actually remodelled.

But something is definitely going on in the background. Whether they are merely fixing the most blatant bugs and errors or actually intend to improve the accuracy and overall quality of the emulations themselves as well of course remains to be seen.
I thought only Mini V had sonic changes from V4. No other sonic changes were made to any V4 synths.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Yeah, like i said, i hadnt heard anything else either.

(Not officially anyway.)

OK, I might be leading with my chin here, but am I the only one here who thinks that the TimewARP sounds like a POS? It's truly awful, thin, abrasive and just generally nasty. I wouldn't give hem 39 cents for this piece of obsolete crap.

Return to “Instruments”