SoundMorph: Dust, granular flow motion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cinebient wrote:O.K. i had a longer play within Bitwig (8-track) and tryed all included patches, played a bit with modulations and stuff.
I really like it. There are some great things included f.e.like modulation of the pitch via sequencer. And you also have a choice of many scales here.
This thing can do some awesome stuff for sure.
Great for drones, ambient and sci-fi darkness!
I love it really so far. I had also no crash or other problems in instrument mode.
I just realized i have to let the playhead run to make it work (like Kaleidoscope).
I think the FX version will make me really very happy!
you figured out a way to manually type numbers in yet? Dragging a pointer trying to set a precise number is starting to become a pain in the arse

wickfut wrote:
Cinebient wrote:O.K. i had a longer play within Bitwig (8-track) and tryed all included patches, played a bit with modulations and stuff.
I really like it. There are some great things included f.e.like modulation of the pitch via sequencer. And you also have a choice of many scales here.
I love it really so far. I had also no crash or other problems in instrument mode.
I just realized i have to let the playhead run to make it work (like Kaleidoscope).
you figured out a way to manually type numbers in yet? Dragging a pointer trying to set a precise number is starting to become a pain in the arse
Not really yet, i use the fine tune option(s) like cmd or alt click or use 2 finger on my trackpad which works great too.
Indeed it would be great if i could type in parameters as well and i also didn´t find a way to go back to default via double click or something like this.
Also, like someone mentioned, it would be great to not have to open the drop down menu everytime when i change a patch or sample etc.
There are def. some things missing but so far i like what sounds i can get out of it.
It could be become after B2 and Replika XT one of my favourite FX.....i mean if they release the FX version soon. It´s the main part i´m interested in.
The modulation options are insane. The GUI is my kind of thing too.
For the price with the voucher i´m quite happy and if they fix bugs and deliver the promised FX version it will be even better of course.
I mean i´m happy to get some new fresh tools behind the oversaturated EDM market :)

stupid question, as an instrument i can play notes with it normally?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:
It will respond to the keyboard. As to how "normal" the notes will be, that depends on the source material and how much you mangle it.

wagtunes wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
It will respond to the keyboard. As to how "normal" the notes will be, that depends on the source material and how much you mangle it.
It will respond indeed, but it won't change the waves pitch according to the pressed key.

If you want to play it more the "normal" way you would need to wait for the FX version.
You can set it to midi trigger it by single notes but don´t expect it to sound like a tuned synth or so.
It´s more of a generative sound maker rather than a "synth" in instrument mode.

exmatproton wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
It will respond indeed, but it won't change the waves pitch according to the pressed key.
Are you F'ing kidding me? You mean the keyboard is nothing more than a gate?

wagtunes wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
yes. Well, you can ofcourse "play" different 'emitters' when you change the keyrange per emitter and set 1 emitter per octave for instance. But yeah, it is "just" a soundgenerator.....

exmatproton wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
yes. Well, you can ofcourse "play" different 'emitters' when you change the keyrange per emitter and set 1 emitter per octave for instance. But yeah, it is "just" a soundgenerator.....
So then to get any meaningful "music" out of it, it's probably best to lay this down as the main track and write everything else around it since there's really no way to control pitch.

exmatproton wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
That's not quite right. You have to assign a midi modulator "note - full range" to the granulizer pitch control.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

kingtubby wrote: That's not quite right. You have to assign a midi modulator "note - full range" to the granulizer pitch control.
This way you will not get a chromatic keyfollow. I tried...

exmatproton wrote:
kingtubby wrote: That's not quite right. You have to assign a midi modulator "note - full range" to the granulizer pitch control.
This way you will not get a chromatic keyfollow. I tried...
ah, ok. I'm still working my way through the various options. It seems like it should be possible with all the scales provided...
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

please someone post a small selfmade sample :D GAS is still starting :(
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Numanoid wrote:
wasi wrote:They have a sale, WINTER is the code.
Good spotting :tu:

I just checked and it brings the price of the plug down to $69.3
When it the sale over?

Caine123 wrote:please someone post a small selfmade sample :D GAS is still starting :(
well, i de-installed it. Not my cup of tea at all. Unstable (second instance FL Studio; krrrrrrgggtttttttkkrgkt), too little possible in terms of modulation (compared to *free* plugins already available) and no way to make it a chromatic key-instrument.

Return to “Instruments”