SoundMorph: Dust, granular flow motion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes the GUI is nice. A reminder on arcade games like Asteroids or Centipede. Great to watch.

Glitchmachines:
You really should get more stuff by them. QUADRANT for example. It is amazing and still developed further. New modules will come for example sample input. This things sounds unbelievable hardware modular. I think IVO should be supported he puts so much devotion into his products. They are stable and all gets updates. But you have to be patient.

If Glitchmachines did a total GUI overhaul they would rule the entire glitchosphere.
Love their stuff, but it is not easy to use.
ImageImageImageImage

Cannot agree more :)

Ivo promised to figure out a way to do a total GUI overhaul. As I understood that will take a looooooooot of time. When the release day is coming I will party much :)

Yea there stuff is intense. Lots of fiddly bits. :)
I can imagine it would be a huge job.

When I was younger nothing scared me. No GUI was ok. But I must admit that recently I have less stamina, and have definitely pulled up Glitchmachines stuff and at times thought "*sigh*", and just wanted something simpler to have fun with. Not that it doesnt have a solid spot in anyones' roster, but it might lose top marks because of the intense capabilities are a bit locked behind the GUI.
Now Im old and I kinda really like pretty shit like Dust. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Update. Just received the news from SoundMorph in my mailbox. Seems like the demo is finally now available, no idea it's state or if it works flawlessly or anything since I already own it, but for anyone still interested here:

''Good news! You can now try out DUST for free with the DUST Demo!

We know, you've all been asking for this for a long time, and well, we took way too long to get it to you. But the good news is now you can try out DUST in VST/AAX/AU, and then decide if it works for you.

Just go to the DUST product page and click the orange "Demo Download" button at the top right here: DUST Demo''

Installed fine, loads fine, not one crash. Really sounds amazing.
FL Studio
Win7

Anyone else getting the mouse offset on the emitters, and the screwy automation playback?

I havent played with the effects vst yet, and that might be more useful without automation, but thats the deal breaker so far.

Anyone know what the demo limitations are?
ImageImageImageImage

DUST got updated and there is a discount of 30% till May 24th.

collider wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:12 pm DUST got updated and there is a discount of 30% till May 24th.
FIXED ISSUES
- Fixed multiple stability issues.
- Optimized cpu usage.
- Modulating the grain position of a live input caused freeze (FX version)
- Midi Range Button did not refreshed on preset load and Midi Window popup closed.
- Fixed multiple Issues with the VST3 version.
- Fixed feedback noise appearing after 4 hours of being loaded.

NEW FEATURES
-Emitters can now be copy pasted (right-click on emitter button to open copy/pase menu).
-Shift-Clicking the SAMPLE label, will set the same sample to all other emitters.
-Shift-Clicking the TRIGGER MODE label, will set the same mode to all other emitters.
-Double-clicking a parameter will reset it to its default value.
-Holding Shift in the Particles View, will cause the selected emitter to look at the mouse cursor.
-Holding Shift+ctrl in the Particles View, will cause all emitters to look at the mouse cursor.
-Dust is 30% bigger.
-Added Preset browser buttons in the Preset Panel.
-Selected Effector is now highlighted in the Particles View.
-Default preset changed.

Where do you guys got this info, in your inbox? Neither their Twitter nor website have this mentioned. Man this company is sloppy!

I got an e-mail. Nice but the GUI is buggy within Logic so far. Preset browser also still does mystic things (shows wrong names and presets are still not ordered here).
I still like Dust since it is a unique tool.
Bigger GUI is nice but at least 3 sizes to choose would be much better.

Never had it. Even their email list of customers is buggy and botched :lol:

I got an email, too. :-)

No update for the demo.

I'll check directly into my account. Guys, what's the new version, v1.1.5 ?

Neon Breath wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:36 pm I'll check directly into my account. Guys, what's the new version, v1.1.5 ?
Yes.

Yes, that's it.
Maybe I'll be delete from their mailing list after buying DUST :lol:
Still can't decide.

Return to “Instruments”