SoundMorph: Dust, granular flow motion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chaosWyrM wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:yeah thanks guys...i just bought it.

anyone else have all kinds of problems with it?

attempting to install as vst3 resulted in it dropping a .dll file into my vst3 folder instead of a .vst3 file...so that didnt work. then the installer kept crashing with access violations galore, so removing it was a problem...then trying to re-install it was also a problem, because you know...access violations.

once i got it installed and seen in fl studio...well the gui is a freaking mess. clicking things results in nothing happening at all or in pop up boxes that insta-close before i can click on anything, i cant change presets or load samples...also my desktop keeps flashing through. speaking of presets...whos idea was it to not have a simple previous/next button set up to navigate through the presets...why do i have to deal with clicking through menu trees at all for that? ugh.

also it completely crashed fl studio 3 times in 15 minutes. it really doesnt like you clicking on it to do things.

the sounds i did get it to make were...ok? maybe...not really.

as someone suggested it might be...this is no replacement for psybox.

ehhh....im just grumpy because i was all excited and its buggy as hell. maybe tomorrow it will be better.
And this is why I insist on a demo.

Thanks. One less thing to have to purchase.

Shame...looked promising.
well now, dont take just my word for it. i did say i was just grumpy and that i would try again tomorrow. well i didnt wait for tomorrow. after a restart of my computer...its working much better. i still feel the gui is slow and clunky, and i dont like that they sacrificed utility for a "wow" factor thats really not that "wow"...but it is working now.

menus stay open...fls is not crashing anymore...i still have to click several times for it to respond sometimes...but its not that bad.

as for the sound...eh...im still thinking its not as interesting as i had hoped/expected. if you have reaktor...both dron-e and graincube blow this completely out of the water...and theyre free. and as i said before...this is not psybox (or ambitron for that matter, which this more closely resembles).

for all its bells and whistles...the actual sounds are kinda meh (so far...ive only used it for a very short time). perhaps it will grow on me...we shall see.

as it stands right now...i cant think of a reason why id reach for this when i have ambitron.
Did they remove GrainCube from the Reaktor Library?

wagtunes wrote:Did they remove GrainCube from the Reaktor Library?
I think it resides at Devine Sound.net.
Last edited by nordickvr on Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote:
Did they remove GrainCube from the Reaktor Library?
http://designingsound.org/2010/05/grain ... ipulation/
Last edited by exmatproton on Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks. Looks like something out of a sci fi movie.

Off topic _ stop with the page long multi quotes

On topic - Any word on a demo yet?

ere2learn wrote:Off topic _ stop with the page long multi quotes

Have heard nothing back from the dev yet.

ere2learn wrote:Off topic _ stop with the page long multi quotes

i will edit my post...

wagtunes wrote:Thanks. Looks like something out of a sci fi movie.
A Reaktor dream-team collaboration :tu:

Heard back from the dev, apparently the audio in mode is not supposed to work yet, there will be a fx version added later for that, it was delayed due to last minute work in the aax version or so. The fact that it crashes is a bug though of course and will be looked into.

hmmmmmm, so atm how is it controlled?

- do you insert it as an instrument and can trigger it with notes? (is it then played like a normal vst? C5 = C5, C3 = C3?)
- do atm you can only load the samples on each particle and adjust? but not as FX?

i really am still interested cause the wintersale is still on it seems.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

There is a manual pdf which is recommended to download of course and explains a lot.
Support already answered very fast about the AU failed validation and they working on it.
I wait until it's fixed and can use it in Logic because i can't get warm with Bitwig (i tryed) or Live.

I know this is slightly off topic but maybe somebody can help me with this. In fact, I have this problem with a number of Reaktor ensembles which makes them unusable.

I brought GrainCube up in Reaktor in Cubase 7 and it starts to play immediately. In addition to that, it doesn't seem to respond to the keyboard at all.

Again, this happens with so many Reaktor ensembles. Why and how can I fix this?

wag tunes wrote:...I brought GrainCube up in Reaktor in Cubase 7 and it starts to play immediately. In addition to that, it doesn't seem to respond to the keyboard at all.

Again, this happens with so many Reaktor ensembles. Why and how can I fix this?
If you have Reaktor 6, using blocks, you can easily set up an amp env triggered by keys.

Caine123 wrote:hmmmmmm, so atm how is it controlled?

- do you insert it as an instrument and can trigger it with notes? (is it then played like a normal vst? C5 = C5, C3 = C3?)
- do atm you can only load the samples on each particle and adjust? but not as FX?

i really am still interested cause the wintersale is still on it seems.
Check out the manual or the tutorial video, it's all covered in depth.

Instrument mode works fine for me in Reaper, Tracktion, Live and Bitwig, all 64bit.

Looks interesting. Hopefully there will be demo soon.

Return to “Instruments”