RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:22 pm Ok I've installed the full version on this system and not being able to save Arp Presets is a Demo limitation. Works fine now.

Trancegate saving works in the full version as well. :tu:
So, HOW does it work, exactly? Do you have to create a User Arps, etc., folder first, in Documents?

No I just left clicked on the Down Arrow:
Rapid 121019-1.png
Then "Save Preset". I just dropped one in the existing folder but on my studio computer I'll make Folders in which to save my Custom Arps and FX Presets just as I have for the main synth Presets. :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

databroth wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:29 pm huh? I'll have to figure out why it's not working for me, trance gate would be important for saving. I'd also hate to save a multiband distortion preset and loose that lol. Also the MBD is killer, such a cool effect, it's like a light version of ohmicide inside of rapid
Same with saving Arps. Just left click on the down arrow and "Save Preset" (you might have to mouse over the box where it says Preset to see the Down Arrow on FX).

This is all on Windows 10. I don't own a Mac so can't say how it works there.
Rapid 121019-2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

David wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:42 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:22 pm Ok I've installed the full version on this system and not being able to save Arp Presets is a Demo limitation. Works fine now.

So, HOW does it work, exactly? Do you have to create a User Arps, etc., folder first, in Documents?
Click on the drop down, then Save Preset. You just save the presets in the same directory. It already exists, since Rapid comes with a lot of pre-made presets. The exact location is..

Windows: C:\ProgramData\Parawave\Rapid\Modulator Presets\Arpeggiator
MacOS: /Library/Parawave/Rapid/Modulator Presets/Arpeggiator

parawave wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:32 pm
David wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:42 pm

Click on the drop down, then Save Preset. You just save the presets in the same directory. It already exists, since Rapid comes with a lot of pre-made presets. The exact location is..

Windows: C:\ProgramData\Parawave\Rapid\Modulator Presets\Arpeggiator
MacOS: /Library/Parawave/Rapid/Modulator Presets/Arpeggiator
That's not working here; watch—What do I do wrong?:

David wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:06 pmThat's not working here; watch—What do I do wrong?:
When saving the preset, the file is created in Finder, right? Make sure it's the correct location when saving. Not some strange sandboxed directory specific to Logic/Garageband.

Try switching to the LFO or Voicing Tab. Then back to Arpeggiator. Maybe it just didn't reload the list.

The location I'm trying to save to is exactly the one you specified, the one that automatically opens when I click Save Preset. But no new file ever gets created there, or anywhere that my system-wide search function can locate. The list I'm checking is also the same (in the Finder), though I do of course check the Arp drop-down menu in Rapid, where there is also nothing new, even after switching to another Modulator menu.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:39 pm
databroth wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:29 pm huh? I'll have to figure out why it's not working for me, trance gate would be important for saving. I'd also hate to save a multiband distortion preset and loose that lol. Also the MBD is killer, such a cool effect, it's like a light version of ohmicide inside of rapid
Same with saving Arps. Just left click on the down arrow and "Save Preset" (you might have to mouse over the box where it says Preset to see the Down Arrow on FX).

This is all on Windows 10. I don't own a Mac so can't say how it works there.

Rapid 121019-2.png
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. Like I said, it's broken, it's not saving

and after reading the other dudes posts, it looks like this is an issue with mac.
for anyone wondering on mac, you can save to your desktop. Still not sure why it wont save to that folder though... hope this gets resolved lol. Between arp, trancegate, sequencer and MB distortion, there's a lot of deep modules worth saving presets for
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

databroth wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:16 pm … looks like this is an issue with mac.
for anyone wondering on mac, you can save to your desktop. …
Yeah, that DOES work, thanks:)

I bet there's some unexpected protection going on, with Macs, about writing to folders in the Library, even though the info panel on it says Admin can Read & Write… No matter; I'm happy enough with the workaround, even though it does mean a bit of folder-rummaging every time. I guess another approach is saving User patch Presets and layer copy/pasting…

So I purchased Rapid over the Black Friday sale and I just have to say how utterly fantastic this plugin is. I knew of its existence for years and denied it a good while ago but never played enough and never really tried to learn it. I downloaded the demo earlier this month and was taken back at how much this synth had blossomed since.
I never thought I’d find a synth that clicked with my workflow better then Serum until I found this.
It’s phenomenal. It’s like Parawave took the dream synth of my brain and put it in reality. Took all the things I loved from serum and all the things I loved from massive (the original not X) and took some new completely unique ideas and All combined them together in a perfect super program.
I’ve never had this much fun making sound. It sounds fantastic, Its absolutely my new favorite power-synth, Its brilliant in virtually every way and I just wanted to applaud the Parawave team for the job they’ve done :party: :clap:

just to drop my feedback here.
I can make an essay on how much I love this synth but to actually add my 2 cents to the future of the synth.
I noticed presets take longer to load then most other VSTIS I have.
About 5 seconds.
It’s not a big deal its just slower then I’m used to.
I’m kinda spoiled and used to almost instantaneous preset loading like Serum or Sylenth or Massive.
Some Granular style synthesis options would be awesome eventually.
Mabye some more control over the sampling options (Ana2 comes to mind when it comes to a really well executed Sampler Oscillator).
If it could ever be fit in without ruining the GUI a visual Filter (like the EQ module has) would be really neat.
And last but...also least, a wavetable editor.
This is perhaps the least Nessecary of all of them as I’m so used to just using Serum to make wavetables, as are many people. But it’s worth mentioning with an increasing amount of other products now having wavetable editors (dune 3 and phaseplant for example)
None of these are critical at this point, the synth is almost perfect, but I wanted to contribute my 2 cents where it’s worth.
Will be following this thread from this point onward.

Once again bravo!
Last edited by Spencer Maddox on Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Teksonik wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:16 pm So I'm working with importing samples today and I noticed there is no sticky path. In other words if I import a sample from a folder "Drums 01" and go back to import another sample from that folder Rapid has "forgotten" the path. On this system it goes back the the top level "This PC" making it necessary to drill down and navigate back to the Drums 01 folder each and every time. Happens when you import Midi Files as well.

Is this intended behavior or am I doing something wrong ? A setting I'm missing perhaps ? :)
I'd like to bring this up again since it received no response. Win 10 64 Bit.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:48 am
Teksonik wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:16 pm So I'm working with importing samples today and I noticed there is no sticky path. In other words if I import a sample from a folder "Drums 01" and go back to import another sample from that folder Rapid has "forgotten" the path. On this system it goes back the the top level "This PC" making it necessary to drill down and navigate back to the Drums 01 folder each and every time. Happens when you import Midi Files as well.

Is this intended behavior or am I doing something wrong ? A setting I'm missing perhaps ? :)
I'd like to bring this up again since it received no response. Win 10 64 Bit.
Would be a sweet little addition!

Actually I just came back to add that Sticky Path does work in FL Studio but not in Reaper. Maybe it's DAW related ?

EDIT: Sticky Path doesn't work in Orion either.

We released Cinematic Exposure !

Watch the preset showcase here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3OOs5oXNME
Last edited by parawave on Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”