RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Mirko R. wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:32 am
rj0 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:21 am I haven't seen much discussion of the Rapid FX plugin (nor any pictures). Perhaps I've overlooked such.

Does it incorporate just a single layer Effects stack, or is there more to it than that?
The input signal goes to Layer 1 and you can use all FX. Also the modulations (ADSR, LFO, Sequencer) can be used. And the most powerfull think is the 'send' effect, so you can send your signal (parallel or serial) to other layers. Check out the presets I made for RAPID FX (they are included). I used very often the send parameter especially for delays and reverbs.
I will make some tutorials in the next days about it.

Peace!
Thanks, Mirko.

Sadly, I am still on the demo (and on the proverbial fence), and suspect that I can't see any of that.

Peace! And best wishes!

David wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:33 pm Can't get any reaction at all in any Oscillator when dragging a wt or sample onto it. Is this a known problem for Macs or in Logic?

Importing to a new Library using the various dialog boxes works well…
Bump…?

Just bought Rapid, sounds great. Gonna use it all over next album!

HcDoom wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:53 pm Just bought Rapid, sounds great. Gonna use it all over next album!
Cool! Show us some demos when the album is finished.

David wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:52 pm
David wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:33 pm Can't get any reaction at all in any Oscillator when dragging a wt or sample onto it. Is this a known problem for Macs or in Logic?

Importing to a new Library using the various dialog boxes works well…
Bump…?
Guess this needed to be in a topic all its own—Thank you, Coda4, for fixing that for me:)

viewtopic.php?t=535983

As I've illustrated in my other GUI thread regarding Rapid, I've have it working with Windows 7, however in Windows 10 I'm having problems getting the sound / patches to show up in the browser thus it's completely blank and doesn't show any, nor produce any sound. This has happened with the installation set to install to the default locations, and with the serial codes entered and the plugin activated. Prior to this I did notice that Rapid had been recognised within Studio One even though I had not installed it. I'm running a dual boot system, so there must be some sort of conflict going on with my Windows 7 hard drive. Temporarily disabling the Windows 7 drives from boot, may be a solution, but I've not yet tried that yet. What I do want to know is whether there is any issues with having multiple instances on different operating systems in that the activation of them would appear to activate but doesn't. Either way, I'll have to experiment to see if I can get Rapid to work properly on my Windows 10 installation... as that will be important as one makes the transition. Anyone managed to have Rapid co-exist on both Windows 7 and 10 of a dual boot system yet ?
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:41 am As I've illustrated in my other GUI thread regarding Rapid, I've have it working with Windows 7, however in Windows 10 I'm having problems getting the sound / patches to show up in the browser thus it's completely blank and doesn't show any, nor produce any sound. This has happened with the installation set to install to the default locations, and with the serial codes entered and the plugin activated. Prior to this I did notice that Rapid had been recognised within Studio One even though I had not installed it. I'm running a dual boot system, so there must be some sort of conflict going on with my Windows 7 hard drive. Temporarily disabling the Windows 7 drives from boot, may be a solution, but I've not yet tried that yet. What I do want to know is whether there is any issues with having multiple instances on different operating systems in that the activation of them would appear to activate but doesn't. Either way, I'll have to experiment to see if I can get Rapid to work properly on my Windows 10 installation... as that will be important as one makes the transition. Anyone managed to have Rapid co-exist on both Windows 7 and 10 of a dual boot system yet ?
I have Rapid on dual boot mac/win and it works perfectly fine. I even gone as far as using a single library location on a different drive and doing symlinks towards it from both OSes.

"Prior to this I did notice that Rapid had been recognised within Studio One even though I had not installed it."

I don't have your DAW but I know reaper can scan all drives for vst's if set up wrong. Bottom line, Rapid works fine in a multi-os setup, it only depends how good you are with managing that set up.

sircuit wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:10 am
I have Rapid on dual boot mac/win and it works perfectly fine. I even gone as far as using a single library location on a different drive and doing symlinks towards it from both OSes.

"Prior to this I did notice that Rapid had been recognised within Studio One even though I had not installed it."

I don't have your DAW but I know reaper can scan all drives for vst's if set up wrong. Bottom line, Rapid works fine in a multi-os setup, it only depends how good you are with managing that set up.
Ok, that's good to know that there's no un-movable roadblocks in the way that prevents multiple instances, and thus unsolvable. I'll probably figure it out.. as tend to do more often than not.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:29 am
sircuit wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:10 am

Ok, that's good to know that there's no un-movable roadblocks in the way that prevents multiple instances, and thus unsolvable. I'll probably figure it out.. as tend to do more often than not.
Maybe you have to activate again, happened to me once, that the synth worked, but the library was not "activated", so just do the procedure again.

So I'm working with importing samples today and I noticed there is no sticky path. In other words if I import a sample from a folder "Drums 01" and go back to import another sample from that folder Rapid has "forgotten" the path. On this system it goes back the the top level "This PC" making it necessary to drill down and navigate back to the Drums 01 folder each and every time. Happens when you import Midi Files as well.

Is this intended behavior or am I doing something wrong ? A setting I'm missing perhaps ? :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

OK, PLEASE, will somebody explain how to save a User Arpeggiator pattern??

This will cover, I hope, all instances of menus that start with "Save Preset/Browse Folder". What is the workflow here? If perhaps this is discussed in the Manual somewhere, please just tell me where!

Hmmm good question. The Save Preset option is greyed out here even after creating a custom Arp pattern. I'm not seeing anything in the Manual other than you "can save and load presets".

I'm still in Demo mode on this system so maybe that's it. We're allowed to have two installs right ?

I've got the full version authorized on my studio computer but I should authorize this system as well so I can work on problems like this one without worrying about demo limitations.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Just wanted to add, saving trancegates seems to be broken, not sure about other fx presets
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

Ok I've installed the full version on this system and not being able to save Arp Presets is a Demo limitation. Works fine now.

Trancegate saving works in the full version as well. :tu:

huh? I'll have to figure out why it's not working for me, trance gate would be important for saving. I'd also hate to save a multiband distortion preset and loose that lol. Also the MBD is killer, such a cool effect, it's like a light version of ohmicide inside of rapid
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

Return to “Instruments”