RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

David wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:11 pm … I've already got tons of other synths and samplers that can make the same noises …
Actually need to correct this line, as I've just bought Rapid and am struck by how unique so many of the sounds seem to be—LOVELY stuff, been smiling ever since:) Well done, makers!!

jacqueslacouth wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:31 pm Yikes, that is one seriously ugly synth!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. I'm completely (as of 2 days ago) new to this synth, but I think it looks pretty slick. Darn big, but slick. And of course it's got 7 or 8 different themes to start from.

AkiraMenai wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:48 am
jacqueslacouth wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:31 pm Yikes, that is one seriously ugly synth!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. I'm completely (as of 2 days ago) new to this synth, but I think it looks pretty slick. Darn big, but slick. And of course it's got 7 or 8 different themes to start from.
It was directed to the original default skin. The current default theme looks way better.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

AkiraMenai wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:48 am
That post from jacqueslacouth was over 3 years ago. Things change. Always a good idea to look at the date a post was made :wink:

Anyway on the subject of Themes does anyone know how to add a New Theme to the list ? There is "Browse" but I'm not getting it to add a new (edited) theme.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

databroth wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:40 pm Created a kvr account just to post this

I really hope msegs get added in the next update as well
I noticed they were 1.8 on the roadmap so I bought rapid with this in mind
Yes, it's still planned. But don't expect it within the next week. More likely in 2020.

The original theme is still my favorite. I want the new theme with the orange and blue waveforms!

I am quite new to Rapid as I just bought it 2-3 days ago...

One thing I wondered why PM from oscillator is that restricted in terms of the modulation range???

It seems to me as it would just go from 0-25% compared to other synths offering this... is there a special reason for that?

Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:39 pm Anyway on the subject of Themes does anyone know how to add a New Theme to the list ? There is "Browse" but I'm not getting it to add a new (edited) theme.
Anyone ? :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:19 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:39 pm Anyway on the subject of Themes does anyone know how to add a New Theme to the list ? There is "Browse" but I'm not getting it to add a new (edited) theme.
Anyone ? :?
Once you get the Style Data window, put your x.zip's theme file in there?

nordickvr wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:29 pm Once you get the Style Data window, put your x.zip's theme file in there?
I put the edited .zip file in:
Rapid 120519-1.png

You can see it "Modern 1.7 Tek Edit". Doesn't show up in the drop down list in Rapid.

Maybe I need to change the Skin I.D. or something. I'll keep working on it.

EDIT: No that didn't help I changed the skin name in the .xml file but the edited version still doesn't show up even if I temporarily remove the original.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

try loosing the '-' or any spaces
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Thanks, I tried that but no go. I replaced all the spaces with dots as is shown in the factory skins so now it's Modern.1.7.Tek.Edit.zip

Maybe it's a Demo limitation. I'll keep faffing about with it, probably something simple. I've already convinced myself I want to buy Rapid but I do like being able to customize any plugin's interface to my preferred colors.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:08 pm Thanks, I tried that but no go. I replaced all the spaces with dots as is shown in the factory skins so now it's Modern.1.7.Tek.Edit.zip

Maybe it's a Demo limitation. I'll keep faffing about with it, probably something simple. I've already convinced myself I want to buy Rapid but I do like being able to customize any plugin's interface to my preferred colors.
Not a demo limitation. It's just the wrong naming.

First of all : Edit the name tag in meta.xml.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<meta id="RAPID" version="1.7">
  <name>Teksonik Theme</name>
  <author>Teksonik</author>
  <version>1.0</version>
</meta>
If you name it Teksonik Theme, call your file Teksonik.Theme.1.7.zip

Thanks I tried that and no luck but I think it might have to do with the zip file. In the factory skins the contents are just zipped but in the one I zipped it keeps the folder inside the zip.

I can't remember how to zip a file without keeping the folder inside. I'm not too sure I've ever had to do so.
Rapid 120519-2.png
Here's how a factory theme looks.....
Rapid 120519-3.png

What does the Browse function do in the Theme selector ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes, you have to zip it without folder.
Teksonik wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:36 pmI can't remember how to zip a file without keeping the folder inside. I'm not too sure I've ever had to do so.
Just select the files. Right-Click > Send To > Comressed (zipped) Folder.
Or install WinRar, this way you can also zip it without compression, which loads much faster.
Teksonik wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:36 pm What does the Browse function do in the Theme selector ?
It just opens the theme directory, to show you where to place your own themes. Better restart Rapid if you do so, then it actually reloads the theme if any changes happen.

Return to “Instruments”