RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Do we get a "Solo" Button on each OSC in 1.7.0. ? :)
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

parawave wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:42 am The new reverb models will be part of 1.7.0. They're called Nuclear, Solar, Nova and Space.
From short to long. With "Space" being a very wide and smooth reverb.
parawave wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:42 am
New as well - It will be possible to set the modulation depth directly at the target. There will be a small routing icon. If you hover over it, the routing entry in the bottom matrix will be highlighted.
Great, looking forward. :tu:

While we are at it, it would be cool to have the modulation amount to be also modulated by something, e.g. if I have an envelope assigned to the osc FX, I could also want the amount of env-> osc FX to increase at higher velocity (or be controlled by one of the macro knobs).
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:19 pm
parawave wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:42 am The new reverb models will be part of 1.7.0. They're called Nuclear, Solar, Nova and Space.
From short to long. With "Space" being a very wide and smooth reverb.
parawave wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:42 am
New as well - It will be possible to set the modulation depth directly at the target. There will be a small routing icon. If you hover over it, the routing entry in the bottom matrix will be highlighted.
Great, looking forward. :tu:

While we are at it, it would be cool to have the modulation amount to be also modulated by something, e.g. if I have an envelope assigned to the osc FX, I could also want the amount of env-> osc FX to increase at higher velocity (or be controlled by one of the macro knobs).
+1
mod via .... is a must have!
Best
YY

when 1.7 out?

Whywhy wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:13 am
recursive one wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:19 pmWhile we are at it, it would be cool to have the modulation amount to be also modulated by something, e.g. if I have an envelope assigned to the osc FX, I could also want the amount of env-> osc FX to increase at higher velocity (or be controlled by one of the macro knobs).
+1
Not really the time to talk about it yet, since it's not part of 1.7. but the plan is to add mapping curves and VIA. Which will solve the "modulate modulation amount" by adding an additional multiplier that can optionally be mapped. e.g.

Target: OSC-A Volume Source: LFO B Amount: 60 Via: Macro 1 Mapping: [Custom Curve]

Volume of OSC A is modulated by LFO B. The amount of modulation is at max 60%, and how much of the amount is used is controlled by Macro 1. And how Macro 1 is mapped is specified by a curve (or curve presets). You can certainly imagine what's possible with it.
Amram wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:19 am when 1.7 out?
No specific date yet. This year and definitely before October. The big aim for this update is to add Rapid(FX). Which will be a major addition if you consider the possibilities. We'll see.

parawave wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:25 pm
recursive one wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:19 pmWhile we are at it, it would be cool to have the modulation amount to be also modulated by something, e.g. if I have an envelope assigned to the osc FX, I could also want the amount of env-> osc FX to increase at higher velocity (or be controlled by one of the macro knobs).
+1
Not really the time to talk about it yet, since it's not part of 1.7. but the plan is to add mapping curves and VIA. Which will solve the "modulate modulation amount" by adding an additional multiplier that can optionally be mapped. e.g.

Target: OSC-A Volume Source: LFO B Amount: 60 Via: Macro 1 Mapping: [Custom Curve]

Volume of OSC A is modulated by LFO B. The amount of modulation is at max 60%, and how much of the amount is used is controlled by Macro 1. And how Macro 1 is mapped is specified by a curve (or curve presets). You can certainly imagine what's possible with it.
No specific date yet. This year and definitely before October. The big aim for this update is to add Rapid(FX). Which will be a major addition if you consider the possibilities. We'll see.
Rapid FX - Really Nice - Looking forward to that - :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D :D :D

parawave wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:25 pm
+1

Yay
Sounds great
I really like Rapid .
High end synth.

Some new skin idea. Just want to know what you think about it.

Mirko R. wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:05 pm Some new skin idea. Just want to know what you think about it.

Looks cool! :tu: I 'd only like the background of all the effects to be also changed to fit it.

Mirko R. wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:05 pm Some new skin idea. Just want to know what you think about it.

Love it!

Superb ! :love:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

ANDI VAX streamed a tour about Rapid. Stream is in Russian language, if you're interested.

It starts at 4:55

Cool, bookmarked. Andy Vax is a very respected guy in the psy/goa scene (SynSun)

Perfect! Cannot come soon enough. Oh and maybe a new expansion :hyper:

Better than the default which looks a bit dirty and cheap in my opinion. I prefer a more clean design. I would also prefer no attempts at making anything look like “metal” like in the logo.

Return to “Instruments”