RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

thank you very much i never do it again i promise

I have enough synths. I download Rapid Demo.

I play with it. It’s good but I have enough synths.

I go to bed. I stand up. I go to work. I go home.
I try Rapid Demo. Wife says come to bed. It’s okay. I have enough synths.

I go to bed. I stand up. I go to work. I go home. I try Rapid. I love Rapid. Wife says why you always play with that shitty synth?

Just finalized divorce papers. I buy Rapid. I love Rapid.

Anyway who can suggest me the best XTs?

I used to say this phrase: Musicians can't get married...

Anyways!
The XTs you should consider to get are those ones:
Deep House
Supernova
Synthwave
and Trance Essence.
They simply have all what anybody would need. Lots of presets, covering variety of sounds, from soft subtle to interestingly movement textures.
Here's a little demo to let you have an idea:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwLm1vAjQ6U/

NeoKortex88 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:18 am I have enough synths. I download Rapid Demo.

I play with it. It’s good but I have enough synths.

I go to bed. I stand up. I go to work. I go home.
I try Rapid Demo. Wife says come to bed. It’s okay. I have enough synths.

I go to bed. I stand up. I go to work. I go home. I try Rapid. I love Rapid. Wife says why you always play with that shitty synth?

Just finalized divorce papers. I buy Rapid. I love Rapid.

Anyway who can suggest me the best XTs?

The Transformation Expansion by Sonic Sirius
for the Parawave - Rapid Hybrid Synthesizer.

- 1 Free " Transformation " Expansion with 100 Presets.
- 7x Drum loops - 12x Leads - 4x Organs - 29x Sequences - 48x Tracks.
- Genre: Dance - Electro - Drums - Modern Synth Music - World.
- For: Parawave - Rapid v1.6.0.3 or later.
- Note: The BPM Tempo is 120.
- Format: *. FXP & *. WAV.
- File Size: 113 MB.

FREE DOWNLOAD

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/the-tr ... nic-sirius

The Free ' TRANSMITTER ' Expansion by ' Sonic Sirius ' For
The ' Parawave - Rapid ' Polyphonic Hybrid Synthesizer.

- Inside the Download: 1 Free " Transmitter " Expansion with 200 Presets.
- Genre: Dance - Electro - IDM - Modern Synth Music - World
- For: Parawave - Rapid v1.5.1 or later
- Note. The BPM Tempo is 120
- Format: *. FXP & *. WAV
- Release Date: 01.01.2019
- File Size: 55 MB
- Price: Free - Gift.

FREE DOWNLOAD
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/the-tr ... nic-sirius

The Music Styles & Rhythms Expansion by Sonic Sirius
for the Parawave - Rapid Hybrid Synthesizer (2019).

Let's expand our musical horizon, more rhythms and styles,
the world has more than a Kick Drum & BPM 120 to offer.

54 Music Styles & Rhythm

12x Disco, 34x Standards Basic, 8x Rock-Pop, 5x Funk-Disco, 4x Latin Rock, 2x Reggae, 6x Blues-Rock, 3x Boogie, 3x Bossa, 6x House, 4x Drum'n'Bass, 4xTechno, 6x Hip-Hop, 5x Samba, 3x Salsa, 3x Ska, 9x 8Beat, 2x Electropop, 4x Soul, 3x Country, 4x R 'n'B Dance, 3x Trance, 2x Garage, 2x Shuffle, 3x Tango, 7x Funk, 5x Ballad, 3x Gospel, 3x Blue Grass, 4x Twist, 2x Charleston, 2x Foxtrott, 4x Cha Cha Cha, 2x Merengue, 2x Rhumba, 4x Swing, 1x Fusion, 4x 16Beat, 3x Punk, 3x Polka, 4x Latin Pop, 3x Waltz, 3x Paso Doble, 4x Mambo, 2x Beguine, 2x Musette, 6x Heavy Rock, 7x Intro, 7x Ending, 2x March, 8x Afro-Cub, 3x Boogie, 5x Jazz, 1x Slow.

Details:

- The Music Styles Expansion with 250 Drumkits.
- The Drum samples are from the " Alesis SR-16 " Drum machine.
- Format: Presets (*. FXP) & Drum Samples (*. WAV).
- Genre: 54 Music Styles & Rhythm.
- For Parawave - Rapid v1.6.0.3 or later.
- Note: The BPM Tempo is different.
- File Size: 45 MB.
- Free - Gift

FREE DOWNLOAD
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/the-mu ... nic-sirius

Had it today, that the factory content somehow got deactivated. Just didn't show the samples anymore. Had to reactivate. Is this a known issue?

Win 10, Live 10.0.6, Rapid 1.6.0.3

dermage wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:10 pm Had it today, that the factory content somehow got deactivated. Just didn't show the samples anymore. Had to reactivate. Is this a known issue?

It can happen sometimes. The reason are Windows updates, a change in the folder structure or other various things that could invalidate it. Sometimes a restart of the DAW/OS is enough.

No problem, you can always activate it in your account. There is no limit, so you can't accidentally lose your license or something, in case you're worried about that.

parawave wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:02 pm
dermage wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:10 pm Had it today, that the factory content somehow got deactivated. Just didn't show the samples anymore. Had to reactivate. Is this a known issue?

It can happen sometimes. The reason are Windows updates, a change in the folder structure or other various things that could invalidate it. Sometimes a restart of the DAW/OS is enough.

No problem, you can always activate it in your account. There is no limit, so you can't accidentally lose your license or something, in case you're worried about that.
Hm, good to know. But still this should not happen, there was no OS upgrade (ie. Windows half-year update or other hardware change) done.
And my issue here is, I have several tracks of Rapid in a project and when preparing for premaster, suddenly Rapid does not play anything in a track which has merely fillers. So I have to check every instance with samples to see if has been deactivated. That's kind of cumbersome.
Can't this be fixed?

parawave wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:09 pm
irism wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:04 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:30 pm Seems like the perfect fit for Aiyn Zahev, but, he might be more into hardware now, judging by his recent YT videos. :) Although it's his business, so, i'm sure he'll continue making soundsets for soft synths too.
Seconding this :hyper:
Please get AZ to design a Parawave XT!
In contact with Aiyn Zahev. He's a busy man. Nothing planned, sorry to disappoint you.
Now a related question. When we speak about soundsets:

What kind of scope/content do you expect?
I sometimes read things like: "The Rapid XTs are too expensive." which kind of bothers me. I understand the motivation behind this, but when they compare it to other synth soundsets they think of 128 Sylenth1 patches for 15$ or something like that. 128 single layer patches, created with a very limited synth, compared to modern ones, and no other content.

It's not an objective comparison at all, since no one mentions the exclusive wavetable, multi-sample and drum sample (sometimes even vocal sample) content contained in our XTs. And the considerably more complex presets, sometimes even with multi-layer MIDI sequences.
A fair comparison would be a Rapid XT vs. 128 presets + at least 50 wavetables + 50 multi-samples + 50 drum samples and genre related MIDI compositions. Do you get this for 50€ ?

I mention all of this because there seems to be a demand for Aiyn's sounds. But if we now contract Aiyn for a XT with our standard of quality. Which takes a good amount of time to produce. Will the requesting people really buy it, or will we read: "This XT is too expensive" ?

OR could it be that you really just want a 64 preset soundset for 10€?

Edit:
To clarify things - This is not an accusation to the requesters. We're glad for feedback. See it as explanation why we cannot realize every request immediately. Even if there are many.
Sami Rabia (Aiyn Zahev) did a nice review of Rapid: https://youtu.be/j5eOjFdZeRg

Is it possible to select arpeggiator pattern presets with Midi in Rapid?
I would like to use several arpeggiator pattern presets within a song (no sequences) but can't find a way to achieve this.
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

sadly in reason 10.4 rapid dont work smoothly
when you changed the tab from osc1 to browser or whenever you switched to a news tab like from
section 1 to 2 it hangs for 1 second its not to bad but it annoys a little bit

Anyone can help me ?
it this just an issue for reason users ?

maybe the new update will fix this

thanks in advanced

Not sure if mentioned before, but I'd really be happy if filter selection could be done without opening the menu/combo box.
Just a left/right arrow (as other synths do it, eg. Serum) would be great and far more efficient (rapid) in use.

teacue wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:59 pm Is it possible to select arpeggiator pattern presets with Midi in Rapid?
I would like to use several arpeggiator pattern presets within a song (no sequences) but can't find a way to achieve this.
Currently it's only possible to set one pattern per arpeggiator. The only alternative I can think of is to create a MIDI arpeggiator sequence in your DAW and import it.
The pattern arp is though as simple way to add movement to a multi-layer patch. For anything more complex you're probably better off using an external tool.

I understand why you want this, but workflow and performance wise I'm really against adding a pattern selector. It would be very clunky to work with. Can't imagine a quick way, compared to just using a MIDI sequence or regular input notes.
Or do you have a solution to that on your mind?

D.K Envelope wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:23 am sadly in reason 10.4 rapid dont work smoothly
when you changed the tab from osc1 to browser or whenever you switched to a news tab like from
section 1 to 2 it hangs for 1 second its not to bad but it annoys a little bit

Anyone can help me ?
it this just an issue for reason users ?

maybe the new update will fix this

thanks in advanced
If you're on windows, go to C:\ProgramData\Parawave\Rapid , and delete the settings.xml. It will reset the settings. If you start Rapid again, it will use the default settings. This could solve the GUI slowdown issue.

dermage wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:01 am Not sure if mentioned before, but I'd really be happy if filter selection could be done without opening the menu/combo box.
Just a left/right arrow (as other synths do it, eg. Serum) would be great and far more efficient (rapid) in use.
I see. Adding left/right buttons will clutter the UI. How about mouse wheel or something like
CTRL + Left mouse button = previous filter
CTRL + Right mouse button = next filter
?

thank you very much it worked just delete the file
and it worked smoothly again

so many thanks to you ;)

parawave wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:10 pm Currently it's only possible to set one pattern per arpeggiator. The only alternative I can think of is to create a MIDI arpeggiator sequence in your DAW and import it.
The pattern arp is though as simple way to add movement to a multi-layer patch. For anything more complex you're probably better off using an external tool.

I understand why you want this, but workflow and performance wise I'm really against adding a pattern selector. It would be very clunky to work with. Can't imagine a quick way, compared to just using a MIDI sequence or regular input notes.
Or do you have a solution to that on your mind?
Thanks for your answer.

Sure it is not difficult to use an external arpeggiator in order to be able to trigger several patterns within a song.
But in case one needs different patterns in several layers, one needs one arpeggiator tool for each layer.

Let say one uses 3 Layers, each with an arpeggiator and each uses 2 different patterns.
With an external tool one would have first to use 3 instances of the tool for this.
But second it would be also necessary to use 3 instances of Rapid because though each layer in Rapid can have its own midi channel in my Daw (Cubase) I cannot route several Arpeggio tools to one instance of Rapid.
Each Arpeggio tool can trigger only one instance of Rapid.

At the end: 3 x Rapid plus 3 x Arpeggio tool.
Of course it is doable but quite a lot to organize.

One of the great thing I love in Rapid is how effective and fast it is.
One arpeggiator per layer is already a great feature and so easy and fast to set and to use :-)
Of course I have no clues how complicated it would be to program a pattern change.
As you already implemented a browser for the arpeggio patterns I naively thought it would not be complicated to midi-automate the patterns.
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

parawave wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:10 pm
dermage wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:01 am Not sure if mentioned before, but I'd really be happy if filter selection could be done without opening the menu/combo box.
I see. Adding left/right buttons will clutter the UI. How about mouse wheel or something like
CTRL + Left mouse button = previous filter
CTRL + Right mouse button = next filter
?
Modifier keys would be ok, but I think fastest and most intuitive would be a button.
Btw. I think the idea is not that bad: With modifier keys, this could be applied to any menu, like wavetable/sample selection to skip quickly through the available sounds instead of opening the selection window :)

Return to “Instruments”