RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

rbx11 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:14 pm What's the single sample playback like in Rapid?

1. Does it time stretch, or does it do old school slow down and speed up?
2. Can you loop a sample?
3. Can you ping pong loop?
4. If there are looping options can you also crossfade to help avoid clicks?

Thanks in advance for any answers!
No. The easiest to do the above is by using Falcon.

rbx11 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:14 pm What's the single sample playback like in Rapid?

1. Does it time stretch, or does it do old school slow down and speed up?
2. Can you loop a sample?
3. Can you ping pong loop?
4. If there are looping options can you also crossfade to help avoid clicks?

Thanks in advance for any answers!
Single sample import is thought as quick way to play back one-shot samples. Mainly useful for static attacks.

Choose multi sample import and then just drag in a single sample if you intend to loop it. If the file contains loop points, it will use these or check the option "Force Loops" and it will automatically loop from start to end.

You can do most of the mentioned things in pre-production. I mean, ping pong and loop start declick or crossfade isn't necessary if it's already a adjusted loop. It's also easier to use dedicated looper tools or automatic ones than to create them. A pre-rendered multi sample is also less-costly. Take a loop at SampleRobot.

@Development:
Yes, it is being worked on Rapid. Not much to show yet. Just a reassurance for the skeptical ones ; )

Congrats to 21th place in the musicradar poll. Am I right I can't use 2 of the same effect in the same layer but have to route them to another layer?

Tilly wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:28 pm Congrats to 21th place in the musicradar poll.
Thanks for the votes. Although, annoying that they didn't even bother to use an up to date picture of the current version.
Tilly wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:28 pmAm I right I can't use 2 of the same effect in the same layer but have to route them to another layer?
Yes and there is a reason for that. The list of all automatable parameters in a plugin is fixed. A quirk of VST and most implementations. So you can't add/remove or change the order without breaking automations of your DAW project.

We could add this, but I'm strongly against it because you will loose the ability to automate everything quickly (with automation recording, one touch recording, MIDI CC and so on). Its more important for a good workflow than using an FX twice in the same layer. Most of the time you will not need this. And if you really want it, it's still possible and with parallel routing to more layers by far more interesting and complex.

tl;dr : It's a compromise. Use multiple layer and send fx if you really need it.

Thanks for clarifitcation! I hardly automate anything else than filters or volume in a synth. I definitely like the concept of having dedicated "automation parameters", which could be pre-routed to the most useful plugin parameters in default, way more. This still works with automation recording, midi and so on.

Once NKS comes out for rapid, I'll buy the rest of the sound sets. This synth is too good for it not to be in NKS,thank you!!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

How often are the sales for rapid? Is it pretty much just on black friday?
Love the vibe of this synth.

DavidCarlyon wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:47 pm How often are the sales for rapid? Is it pretty much just on black friday?
Black Friday is guaranteed. Sometimes on holidays, sometimes on special occasions like the big update to 1.5 last year. It will be announced. If you follow us on Twitter or Facebook you can't really miss it.

parawave wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:39 am
DavidCarlyon wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:47 pm How often are the sales for rapid? Is it pretty much just on black friday?
Black Friday is guaranteed. Sometimes on holidays, sometimes on special occasions like the big update to 1.5 last year. It will be announced. If you follow us on Twitter or Facebook you can't really miss it.
I couldn't wait. I have wanted this for a while now so i just grabbed it.
Freaking love this synth. It manages to boil so much down into such a speedy interface/workflow.
This is a real workmans synth.
Also, is the insert by filter per-voice?? If so - awesome!!

any updates about the reverb or the nice skin where mirko ruta is working on ?

D.K Envelope wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:45 pm any updates about the reverb or the nice skin where mirko ruta is working on ?
The new reverb models will be part of 1.7.0. They're called Nuclear, Solar, Nova and Space. Form small to large. They are as soft as butter :hihi:

parawave wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:00 pm
D.K Envelope wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:45 pm any updates about the reverb or the nice skin where mirko ruta is working on ?
The new reverb models will be part of 1.7.0. They're called Nuclear, Solar, Nova and Space. Form small to large. They are as soft as butter :hihi:
Parawave - Any idea of the timing for 1.7 :) :) :) :) :) :) Can't wait for the new reverbs :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud:

cool thanks for the information

cant wait for the release!

zeph wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:24 pmParawave - Any idea of the timing for 1.7 :) :) :) :) :) :) Can't wait for the new reverbs :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud:
Nah, not announcing things this time. Just be excited :wink:

Can also confirm a long requested feature: It's now possible to set the modulation depth on the knob/control itself. And if you hover over the knob, the routing entry modulating it is highlighted. Makes routing things much quicker.

Return to “Instruments”