RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

We released the Future Strike XT !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA1irTntadk

It's available 25% OFF starting now!
All other Rapid XTs are also discounted. Only until 29. December!

---

More XTs coming soon 8)

Top notch expansion !! :clap:
Imho this is what Rapid needed to show its power to the world : more sounds (I mean presets of course) like this, modern and gorgeous sounding. Rapid is one of the very, very best VST synth in the world.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:19 pm Top notch expansion !! :clap:
Imho this is what Rapid needed to show its power to the world : more sounds (I mean presets of course) like this, modern and gorgeous sounding. Rapid is one of the very, very best VST synth in the world.
Thanks you sooooo much. Yes, this is my biggest work. I never spend so many time in a soundbank like in this one. :-)

DJErmac wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:19 pm Top notch expansion !! :clap:
Oh yes, I join in that!

Mirko R. wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:43 pm Thanks you sooooo much. Yes, this is my biggest work. I never spend so many time in a soundbank like in this one. :-)
Congrats my friend! The hard work was really worth it! :party:

Here is a live showcase videos whre I show about 80% of the presets from the Future Strike XT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKX5zcYth_E

Does anybody know how I can get Rapid to look for presets in a different location other than the default location?C:\ProgramData\Parawave\Rapid\Sound Presets

My C drive is my smallest drive and I want them elsewhere. But Rapid can't find them anywhere else.

GMusic wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:22 am Does anybody know how I can get Rapid to look for presets in a different location other than the default location?C:\ProgramData\Parawave\Rapid\Sound Presets

My C drive is my smallest drive and I want them elsewhere. But Rapid can't find them anywhere else.
Not possible. The presets are only about a few MB in size anyway.

If you want to save space, you should install the Factory Sounds (and/or extensions) on another drive.
Every Windows installer asks where to install the content. The Presets are installed in C:\ProgramData\.. anyway, but the main load (2GB wavetables + multisamples) is still selectable during setup.

---
AND due to popular demand..

The Winter discounts continue! 35% OFF RAPID Synthesizer !

Only until 29th December. Now this is really the last chance for this year and months after.

parawave wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:34 pm
If you want to save space, you should install the Factory Sounds (and/or extensions) on another drive.
Every Windows installer asks where to install the content. The Presets are installed in C:\ProgramData\.. anyway, but the main load (2GB wavetables + multisamples) is still selectable during setup.
I've tried this (on MacOS Mojave) and while the factory sounds installer gives the option to select a different drive, when I actually try to point the installer to that external drive I get the message that the factory sounds can only be installed on the drive that contains the operating system. Manually moving the factory sounds folder to the external drive after installation isn't an option either, because it looks like there's no way to make Rapid aware to the new location. Am I doing something wrong?

parawave wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:11 pm We released the Future Strike XT !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA1irTntadk

It's available 25% OFF starting now!
All other Rapid XTs are also discounted. Only until 29. December!

---

More XTs coming soon 8)
Instant purchase! If the label says Mirko Ruta you can literally buy a pig in the poke. I've never been disappointed, always quality! :tu:

Is it actually possible to tap through presets using the computer keyboard? Fiddling with the mouse is always a bit annoying...

RichN wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:18 pm
parawave wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:34 pm
I've tried this (on MacOS Mojave) and while the factory sounds installer gives the option to select a different drive, when I actually try to point the installer to that external drive I get the message that the factory sounds can only be installed on the drive that contains the operating system. Manually moving the factory sounds folder to the external drive after installation isn't an option either, because it looks like there's no way to make Rapid aware to the new location. Am I doing something wrong?
Yes, I'd like to move the larger files then. But, I also don't see any option in Rapid to make it aware of the new location. :(

GMusic and others, On the folder issue: You can do something called "symbolic link". This is something you can do on both Mac and Windows (although I'm not sure about the name for that in Windows).

You tell windows that whenever a program wants to look into a folder, it actually looks at a completely different place, even a different unit. Programs are completely unaware of this, only Windows/OSX knows that a folder points to a completely different place.

Sorry, I can't check how to do this, I'm on mobile now, but we've done such things at work several times.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

GMusic wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:30 amYes, I'd like to move the larger files then. But, I also don't see any option in Rapid to make it aware of the new location. :(
It's not possible from within Rapid at them moment. We will see if we eventually add a relocate to the Extension Manager.
However, you could also uninstall the Factory Sounds and just reinstall it, this time choosing your new location. Only on Windows.
nachenko wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:32 pm GMusic and others, On the folder issue: You can do something called "symbolic link".
Yes, this also could work.
---

There is a manual method, If you don't fear text editors and XML. By changing the paths. Example on Mac:
The Factory Sounds are installed into this location:
Library/Application Support/Parawave/Rapid/Factory Sounds/

Now you could manually move the directory to your external drive.
But for Rapid to find the files you have to set the new path in the file located in

Library/Parawave/Rapid/Audio Data/extension001.xml

Open it in a text editor and change the existing path to your new location.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<extension package_path="Library/Application Support/Parawave/Rapid/Factory Sounds/"/>
Change the package_path attribute to your new location.
Also works for the extensions.
  • extension002.xml = Electronic Energy
  • extension003.xml = Vintage Sol.
And so on. Although, please don't try this if you're not sure what you're doing :D

groovyomega wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:52 pm Is it actually possible to tap through presets using the computer keyboard? Fiddling with the mouse is always a bit annoying...
If you're on the master page, you can use the Up/Down Keys in the preset list, and hit Enter to load the currently selected preset.

Return to “Instruments”