RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

parawave wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:22 pm RAPID 1.6.0 is now available!
Needs a bit of fine-tuning. With OpenGL enabled the GUI looks like this (see attachment) but switching to soft renderer works. Also, it doesn't list my custom skins that worked in 1.5
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Haven't had much time yet to play with all the new features in 1.6, but noted a quirk with PM from Osc:
At the beginning of each note, the carrier osc plays a single cycle of the unmodulated waveform, causing a nasty popping attack sound.

Also, I'm wondering if the max. PM mod depth could be higher.

sircuit wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:38 pm Needs a bit of fine-tuning. With OpenGL enabled the GUI looks like this (see attachment) but switching to soft renderer works.
Working on it. It's a Mac specific error, related to HiDPI scaling. Yes, the temporary solution is to switch to the CPU Renderer setting.
sircuit wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:38 pmAlso, it doesn't list my custom skins that worked in 1.5
That is intended. There are new assets in 1.6. (e.g. the Tonal Delay background). So you have to update your skin to support this version. Otherwise there would be missing graphics (not included in your 1.5 Style Data).
karrikuh wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 am Haven't had much time yet to play with all the new features in 1.6, but noted a quirk with PM from Osc:
At the beginning of each note, the carrier osc plays a single cycle of the unmodulated waveform, causing a nasty popping attack sound.

Also, I'm wondering if the max. PM mod depth could be higher.
That is only if OSC B is modulated by OSC A. If OSC A is modulated by OSC B it's instantly there. It's a needed solution to solve the infinite feedback case C <- B <- A <- C ... and so on. Most synths don't offer this possibility, so in case of feedback it's delayed for one waveform cycle to allow this constellation. Use the regular case OSC A <- OSC B <- OSC C and it will disappear. Hope this makes sense.

Great stuff. Update much appreciated!

I find Rapid to be a lamentably good synth. ...It's in such a crowded space, it's so very hard to stand out. ...But I still love it! Lots of unique character to add. It's great to see you're keeping up with it.

sircuit wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:03 pm As the single useable themes for me in this Rapid release were Flat Retro and Flat Ruby (mostly the Retro because I don't handle reds in GUIs for prolonged time - and I'm also not the dark skins/dark environment kind of guy) I quickly compiled a custom skin with colors that I find most visible on these light backgrounds and also less tiring on the long run.

If you like it, feel free to use it.

v1.0

v1.1
I've downloaded the themes, but I cant get them to load into Rapid. May I have some help on how to get the themes to load? Thx!

Those themes work with version 1.5.x, here's a new one that works with the latest 1.6.x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wish I could have gotten this on the black Friday sale... oh well will just have to wait another year..

Great update, PM from osc sounds very cool! Love the MB saturator too
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

parawave wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:44 am
karrikuh wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 am Haven't had much time yet to play with all the new features in 1.6, but noted a quirk with PM from Osc:
That is only if OSC B is modulated by OSC A. If OSC A is modulated by OSC B it's instantly there. It's a needed solution to solve the infinite feedback case C <- B <- A <- C ... and so on. Most synths don't offer this possibility, so in case of feedback it's delayed for one waveform cycle to allow this constellation. Use the regular case OSC A <- OSC B <- OSC C and it will disappear. Hope this makes sense.
That makes sense, thanks for clarifying.

surreal wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:10 pm Wish I could have gotten this on the black Friday sale... oh well will just have to wait another year..
Yeah, same here. I had my finger on the buy button several times, but decided to wait for Dune 3. As it turns out, that one still doesn't have drag and drop modulation and a preset browser, and although it looks and sounds great otherwise, I'm not sure I'm going to upgrade from Dune 2. In hindsight I should have finally gotten Rapid. Oh well, maybe they're still doing a Christmas sale.

Well done Parawave on the new update :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: As always quality stuff. Love the new effects.

Can I request (as I did previously):
Save effect stacks
Save layer with effects

Thanks

zeph wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:47 pm Well done Parawave on the new update :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: As always quality stuff. Love the new effects.

Can I request (as I did previously):
Save effect stacks
Save layer with effects

Thanks
Or at least having the ability to extract them out of regular preset if that's an easier task in current development stage.

RichN wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:56 am
surreal wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:10 pm Wish I could have gotten this on the black Friday sale... oh well will just have to wait another year..
Yeah, same here. I had my finger on the buy button several times, but decided to wait for Dune 3. As it turns out, that one still doesn't have drag and drop modulation and a preset browser, and although it looks and sounds great otherwise, I'm not sure I'm going to upgrade from Dune 2. In hindsight I should have finally gotten Rapid. Oh well, maybe they're still doing a Christmas sale.
Have sent both of you a private message.
It's a secret to everybody.

:clap:

parawave wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:42 pm Have sent both of you a private message.
I'm sure this is about a very satisfying offer, like the one few of us got back in 2016 prior to the official Rpaid release :)
It's really rare to see developers with such sense of humor & kindness :roll: :love:
One of reasons why I love this team :clap:

Return to “Instruments”