RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

shonky wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:40 pm was thinking my bank account was surprisingly full considering BF/CM.
you're not alone :D
or can I just go ahead and install 1.5
Straight jump to the latest and install it, you notice the 1.5 package is larger than the 1.1.

Thanks, makes sense but worth checking, thought it might be a substantial update. I'm guessing I install the drums in the sound library but couldn't see any info on that either.

shonky wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:01 pm Thanks, makes sense but worth checking, thought it might be a substantial update. I'm guessing I install the drums in the sound library but couldn't see any info on that either.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrCgZmBOETs
Here comes Mirko :tu: :love:

shonky wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:01 pmI'm guessing I install the drums in the sound library but couldn't see any info on that either.
The drum samples are actually already included in the Factory Sounds within the multi-samples:

365 : Factory Bassdrums
366 : Factory Snares-Claps
367 : Factory Percussions
368 : Factory HiHats
369 : Factory Cymbals
370 : Drumset EDM
371 : Drumset House
372 : Drumset Progressive

So the drum pack is optional. You can put it anywhere on your drive and use it directly in your DAW or preferred sampler. It's just for convenience.

So I bought it. Could not let this offer go :)
And I must say, this thing sounds, feels and works awesome. Can get sounds quite fast... rapid development :D

Anyway, there are some workflow things which I immediately missed.

Arpeggiator
- shift step right/left, to cycle the programmed melody without having to tick every note
- optional shift up/down

Filter
- would be great to have left/right arrows, to not have to open the combo box, but just cycle through the available filters

OSC
- when selecting a new wave for a OSC, it waits for the next midi note. But would be nice if it would play immediately (when already receiving a midi note)

Modulation Matrix
- scrolling is quite cumbersome. Would be great if there would be a list of modulated targets which could be seen at once.
- a Global modulation Matrix would be great. Possibility for (some) Envs/Lfos to be shared by certain layers (not all)
- Global ARP setting across all Layers

If anything of the list is already in Rapid, please teach me :)
otherwise: would be great to see these features some day for even more rapid music making ;)

Thanks

Will there be a Christmas sale? I did get the rapid synth, but I missed the trance essence expansion and I regret it... :cry:
Trance, Trance Is Life

RAPID 1.6.0 is now available!
We added new oscillator inserts and effect slots.

PM from Oscillator is a powerful insert effect which allows you to create complex "FM" sounds using another oscillator as modulation source. There is also a new RM from Oscillator and Feedback PM insert.

The Glitch is an effect which allows you to jump back in time. Choose one of the four sequences as source and the current selected one tells the Glitch how far it has to jump back.

An up to 4-Band dividable Multiband Saturator with sixteen switchable per-band types to apply dynamic and modulation processing. Asymmetric distortions, hard non linearities, bit crush, feedback, ring modulators and even limiters are available.

Tuneable delay times with and additional Tonal Delay for very short and percussive feed backs and echos. Ideal to colorize your drum loops or just reshape sounds.

A Tapestop processor to hold and continue your sound at arbitrary positions.

Change Log - Rapid 1.6.0

Additions:
  • New oscillator insert effect: Phase Modulation from Oscillator.
  • New oscillator insert effect: Ring Modulation from Oscillator.
  • New oscillator insert effect: Phase Modulation Feedback.
  • New effect: Multiband Saturator.
  • New effect: Glitch.
  • New effect: Tonal Delay.
  • New effect: Tapestop.
  • Reverb size mode: "Pipe". Even shorter than "Room".
Changes:
  • Changed the 1/12 & 1/16 sequencer grid to variable steps.
  • The label text of FX-AMOUNT & FX-FACTOR is now dependent on the selected insert effect.
  • Modulator & effect presets starting with the same word are now grouped into a sub menu.
  • Previous and next browsing for sound presets now jumps relative to the lastly selected preset.
  • Style Data version changed to 1.6.
Fixes:
  • Disable non-valid insert effect knobs when switching to multi-sample sources.
  • Aftertouch on LFO/Sequence speed was ignored for global voices. Thanks G.P. !
  • Preset type string "Solo" was not displayed after clicking apply.
  • Modulation preview of oscillator fx-factor was sometimes hidden.
  • Selected presets now stay highlighted when plugin UI is reopened or resized.
  • Send FX Volume Slider was sometimes dependent on the previous channel value.
Presets:
  • 134 Arpeggiator patterns.
  • 86 Sequences.
  • 76 Saturator presets.
  • 11 Tapestop presets.
  • 21 Tonal Delay presets.
As always, if you're a customer, you can get the update for free. Visit your Purchased Products to get the latest downloads.

---

The Glitch isn't an easy concept to grasp. You should definitely check out the - Features V 1'6 preset folder. There are 29 commented explanatory presets, as well as 10 example sounds using the new effects. You can browse through the new sequence presets starting with "Glitch" in the name, when using a sequence as glitch modulation source.

Yes! Can't wait to try this out!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

DAMN! this is awesome!!

Thanks !
Best
YY

:tu:

Thank you! :D

nvmnd

Iva wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:54 pm
Okay, got your mail. Nothing changed in the UI code, but I have a guess. First I thought it was a host specific setting (HiDPI config in Cubase 10). But no (since your using Cubase 9) .. it's the updated underlaying framework. Of course :roll:

Good news, will be a little while before I check out the new functions but they are very welcome.

Return to “Instruments”