Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

adamtrance wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:37 pm Yeah the plan is to get/make lots of wavetables and only have the best that is usable no filler bullshit
Nice! Yeah, I can say I definitely hate too many crappy wavetable options.

I definitely encourage you to give u-he Hive2 a look! Hive's most recent update added wavetables and they were very particular about having a limited collection of great sounding wavetables so users can focus on speed and just getting a great sound out without having to worry about importing anything (though that's possible with .uhm scripts). I'd give it a look!

What about AdventureKids waveforms? Or are they single cycle only?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:18 pm What about AdventureKids waveforms? Or are they single cycle only?
In the Kyra of Waldorf, almost all are in it. It's time for new Spectra and new Wavetables.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

PietW. wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:42 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:18 pm What about AdventureKids waveforms? Or are they single cycle only?
In the Kyra of Waldorf, almost all are in it. It's time for new Spectra and new Wavetables.
Ah i see.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

adamtrance wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:37 pm Yeah the plan is to get/make lots of wavetables and only have the best that is usable no filler bullshit
:tu:

Tone 2 Icarus also has a great wavetable editor with a comprehensive set of tools.

How are things coming along? any update? ^^

Yes, work is being done on new patches for factory bank 4, and when thats done the update can be released
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Hi Adam! some bugs I wanted you to know about. Sometimes when I throw a MIDI file onto Viper and cycle through patches, it immediately jumps back to the first patch on the bank if I hit the spacebar to go back to the beginning of the clip which is a bit annoying. When I'm also using a jbridged 32-bit version, It'll also totally freeze on me after a little while just from some small tweaking. Ableton Live oddly has trouble scanning for the 64-bit version, though I also have Bitwig which thankfully doesn't have this problem at all.

Thanks for letting me know, could you please send me that midi file so I can test it out myself? I have no problem running the 64 bit version in Ableton, perhaps you should delete the 32 bit and any demo versions (or just move them where Ableton cannot find them), maybe they are conflicting in some way.

Hello Adam,
Im testing the viper demo againts my virus ti and i have to say that i am pretty impressed by how similar the viper sounds: Good Job :clap:

2 things i noticed:
The browser responds quite slow when browsing the presets. Its not fast and snappy like other vst's. Its that going to be fixed in the next update?

Also when you select the init preset function in the menu, viper seems to respond quite slow and is not responsive for a couple of seconds. It seems like a little bug.

Shiek927 wrote: Sometimes when I throw a MIDI file onto Viper and cycle through patches, it immediately jumps back to the first patch on the bank if I hit the spacebar to go back to the beginning of the clip which is a bit annoying.
Sounds like the MIDI has a Program Change embedded.

If so then removing that data will do the trick.

Hosts like REAPER let you do that easily.

(Drag MIDI onto track, open MIDI editor, delete Program Change data, save MIDI to new file.)

jonnycake wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:21 am The browser responds quite slow when browsing the presets. Its not fast and snappy like other vst's. Its that going to be fixed in the next update?

Also when you select the init preset function in the menu, viper seems to respond quite slow and is not responsive for a couple of seconds. It seems like a little bug.
Thanks, Im glad you like it! Yes these are problems I wish to address at a later point. First I have to find the cause of this and then I can find a solution.

There is another bug I have noticed with soundbank loading, which I think is an error with the 1.0.4 version. My soundbanks I made last year (in version 1.0.3), load as they should. However, my banks that I have saved in the 1.0.4 version, when I load them up, Viper will not start on preset 1. Either it will start on the last saved preset, or a random preset (but usually the last saved preset). I also noticed if the last saved preset is an arp patch, the arp note length will not work (parameter stuck) and when you hold your mouse over any parameter, it will be stuck on "arp note length" like this: Image
With the text clashing with each other.

I made a quick video you can take a look at, to see what happens: https://youtu.be/foCqH_lFlPk

Return to “Instruments”