Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

adamtrance wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:05 am I guess this video should sum it up ;) The main things are wavetable oscs, new arp steps, shimmer on the reverb, then additional things like increased polyphony to 128 voices, and ability to have faster lfos, then lots of bugfixes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USBC80JKhBk

90% is done, now I just need to make wavetables, then new presets, then update the manual, and its finished. Unfortunately I dont know how soon, I have some important things in life now that have a higher priority than Viper, but hopefully you shouldn't have to wait too long now.
What does the "Inter" knob do on the wavetable oscillator?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:12 pm What does the "Inter" knob do on the wavetable oscillator?
Interpolation. Smoother overlaying between WT frames.

v1o wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:42 pm Any chance you will move to a different frame work at some point, so we can have Mac and Linux versions?
If you want to wait 10 years then sure. I guess my best chance at this is JUICE + C++ or some other combo, and unfortunately I have zero knowledge in that. To create Viper on Mac I have to learn this new language, then I have to learn it good enough so I can do advanced things with it, then porting Viper would take years and years. In that amount of time, I could create 3 more new synths in flowstone so I dont know if its worth it.
pinbot wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:57 pm I can't reach the site for some strange reason. I clicked on the link for the site, but my computer brings up a midco search for Adam Szabo.
My site loads here jut fine. Whats "midco"?
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:12 pm What does the "Inter" knob do on the wavetable oscillator?
Its a parameter that the Virus has as well. It defines the smoothing between the wavetable cycles. If the interpolation is set to 0 then the waves will start to blend smoothly, but if its at max, then the waves will snap to the next wave. You can also have any value between.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

pinbot wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:57 pm I can't reach the site for some strange reason. I clicked on the link for the site, but my computer brings up a midco search for Adam Szabo.
It works now, although very slow. Might be a server issue

I have been playing with the demo for a while and decided to buy Viper today to support the project. Very nice synth. Any options planned to change the skin color?

Thanks for your support! Yes there will be skinning option along the way and you can change the color of the skin to anything you like ;)

adamtrance wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 am Thanks for your support! Yes there will be skinning option along the way and you can change the color of the skin to anything you like ;)
That is awesome. I have been programming some sounds and really love the interface and workflow. Very easy to use! And it sounds wonderful!

One suggestion: Like many other modern synths, the factory banks contain a lot of very distinctive, complex, and highly-processed sounds that may not fit well in a mix. I wish you would add some banks of simpler, "bread and butter" sounds. I keep older synths like Novation V-Station, ANA1, and Sylenth 1 around because they have these simpler sounds that are great for composing. I end up having to create my own basic sounds for a lot of synths but it would be very useful if you could include them. They also serve as templates for creating more complex sounds.

Thanks, I will keep it in mind!

tony10000 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:06 am
One suggestion: Like many other modern synths, the factory banks contain a lot of very distinctive, complex, and highly-processed sounds that may not fit well in a mix. I wish you would add some banks of simpler, "bread and butter" sounds. I keep older synths like Novation V-Station, ANA1, and Sylenth 1 around because they have these simpler sounds that are great for composing. I end up having to create my own basic sounds for a lot of synths but it would be very useful if you could include them. They also serve as templates for creating more complex sounds.
I also contributed some presets for factory banks 2 and 3, and many of them are just as you say highly processed complex and sequenced sounds, quite a few of them being specifically targeted at psytrance. Basically I wanted to show what the synth is capable of and I also hoped this would sell the synth to psytrance producers since this niche is hardly covered by factory presets providers.

If I happen to make more factory sounds for Viper I'll keep you suggestion in mind.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:15 am
I also contributed some presets for factory banks 2 and 3, and many of them are just as you say highly processed complex and sequenced sounds, quite a few of them being specifically targeted at psytrance. Basically I wanted to show what the synth is capable of and I also hoped this would sell the synth to psytrance producers since this niche is hardly covered by factory presets providers.

If I happen to make more factory sounds for Viper I'll keep you suggestion in mind.
I understand the need to demonstrate the capabilities of the synth as well as to address the needs of producers of different musical genres. But it is also nice to have a nice complement of basic sounds like pads, plucks, basses, leads, etc. to use. I look at FL Studio's new FLEX synth as a recent example of providing a great selection of these sounds. I think it will also increase its value and usefulness as well.

tony10000 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:57 am
recursive one wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:15 am

I understand the need to demonstrate the capabilities of the synth as well as to address the needs of producers of different musical genres. But it is also nice to have a nice complement of basic sounds like pads, plucks, basses, leads, etc. to use. I look at FL Studio's new FLEX synth as a recent example of providing a great selection of these sounds. I think it will also increase its value and usefulness as well.
+1

Maybe you could create some free banks with user-contributed sounds. I really like the Daniel Craighead bank. Also, create a patch library on your website like u-he has. More sounds = more sales.

Yes these are all in the pipeline. It wont be done for tomorrow but hopefully not too far into the future.

adamtrance wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:59 pm Yes these are all in the pipeline. It wont be done for tomorrow but hopefully not too far into the future.
Awesome, Adam! Keep up the great work!

A few features I would like to see in a future version:

1. A limiter with on/off switch and threshold control on the output.
2. A latch on/off for the sequencer.

Return to “Instruments”