Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

As a online shop, if you offer world wide, you have to make sure that your payment provider, or your own payment system accounts for VAT that has to be discharged at the buyer's country.

The way i understand it, vendors even have to take care of country, or region specific stuff like laws regarding the resales of plugins, and the EULA's have to be country specific too. You can see how bugged this whole thing is. I'm all for simplicity, not coplications. If a vendor disallows the resale of plugins, i'll act accordingly, and, if i really think i want to sell the plugin at some point, i just won't buy plugins which are NFR. I must say that i never did that though.

My point was that if the the online shop does not charge VAT, it's actually up to you as the purchaser to take this up in your declaration and pay the VAT yourself. And to extend the point, I was wondering who of these people who are claiming not allowing re-selling of software actually do this?

It's only illegal when someone else is doing something they "believe" is illegal (because of a document that probably wouldn't hold up in court since the parameters are completely different in these cases), but it's not illegal when they do something wrong?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:01 pm My point was that if the the online shop does not charge VAT, it's actually up to you as the purchaser to take this up in your declaration and pay the VAT yourself.
Nope. The online shops are responsible in that case.

See here: https://www.webinterpret.com/us/blog/ne ... ecommerce/

AnX wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:17 pm
adamtrance wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:06 pm use the Products solely for your personal, non-commercial purposes strictly in accordance with the terms of this Agreement
what exactly does "non commercial" mean?

you cant use it to make a film score or hit record?
No, it means that the buyer wont start selling the software to others
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

phreaque wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:48 am
sfd wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:45 am Great ! :party:
I already have a JP6K license. So how do I go about updating to the 64-bit version ?
Download the latest version, install and configure the same license.
Don't remember. Do my license unlock the demo ?

adamtrance wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:35 pm Yes I know about that, Its a problem deep in FlowStone and I cannot do anything bout it until they fix it. I hope they can sort this out soon so I can include it in an update asap.
I hate to say it but let this be a lesson to any developer thinking of taking any shortcuts when developing a Synth.
Don't ever use Synth Edit, Flowstone or whatever.
Code your own Synth from the ground up and never ever be a prisoner to a 3rd party.
Shame really coz the Viper looks quite cool but is obviously riddled with bugs that the developer can't fix unless the developer above fixes.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Twaddle
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's weird indeed, but, i guess the laws have to be changed to account for more and more international businesses. Obviously, it already has become a lot easier for online stores which offer internationally now.

Irrelevant
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

The micro CPU spikes are not in every FS VSTi
I have none in Biotic-
I installed Bitwig and looped up some 4 note chords->
- I think Adam could possibly reassess fixing it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

viper really sounds good but it make not fun to progamm own patches because of the knobs stuttering but iam sure adam work on it

so lets see was the time brings

Kian Russell wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:45 pm Shame really coz the Viper looks quite cool but is obviously riddled with bugs that the developer can't fix unless the developer above fixes.
No, its not riddled with bugs, there is basically one bug left, which is this spike. It is caused by when I use Ruby code to handle midi data. Other FlowStone synths dont have this who only use standard modules for midi handling. As you know Viper has an advanced arpeggiator which can only be done with Ruby, and then the cpu spikes occur.

Kian Russell wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:45 pm I hate to say it but let this be a lesson to any developer thinking of taking any shortcuts when developing a Synth.
Don't ever use Synth Edit, Flowstone or whatever.
I already explained it many times over and over why I used FlowStone, and not developed it from the ground up with C++ or Juice or whatever
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

I can reproduce the spikes issue when using an FS Ruby sequencer.
News to me, hmm
-I need this FlowStone fix too

two bugs not one
dont forget the knob stuttering that drives me crazy

:phones:
Last edited by Vertion on Fri May 17, 2019 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Return to “Instruments”