Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

sfd wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:45 am Great ! :party:
I already have a JP6K license. So how do I go about updating to the 64-bit version ?
Download the latest version, install and configure the same license.

AnX wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:13 am
adamtrance wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:41 am Unfortunately, when you bought Viper you agreed to the terms of agreement and "license transfer" is not possible.

isnt that illegal now?

also, couldnt find anything on your site about this "agreement"

might want to make that very clear before ppl buy it
Before one buys a product on the checkout page, you have to agree to the terms otherwise you cannot continue.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

sfd wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:45 am Great ! :party:
I already have a JP6K license. So how do I go about updating to the 64-bit version ?
Yes JP6K is 64 bit now. If you are an older customer please send me a pm with your details and I will help you out, otherwise just download the file again in your email that you got when you purchased the plugin.

adamtrance wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:41 am Unfortunately, when you bought Viper you agreed to the terms of agreement and "license transfer" is not possible.

isnt that illegal now?
I think, one day, someone with the appropriate knowledge should put an end to that discussion. Especially when you have to distinguish betwen a EULA's, laws, court rulings, and different implementations of laws on country level. As far as i'm concerned, there is no definite law which handles this, just a court decision, which might not even have much to do with this.

I also wouldn't know how a company which makes one resale legal, and then the license becomes NFR, would do it legally. I thought the court ruling was that resales have to be legal? How can a NFR license be legal then?

See, loads of questions, and so few answers. I also think you have to see the ethical part of the equation. Question is, as a customer, if it really is necessary and fair to oblige one man businesses to make their licenses legally resellable. After all, you also obliged yourself to read and apply to the EULA before using the plugin.

NFR's are usually free, you agree to it before you are given it (say as a reward for testing etc)

adamtrance wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:26 am

isnt that illegal now?

also, couldnt find anything on your site about this "agreement"

might want to make that very clear before ppl buy it
Before one buys a product on the checkout page, you have to agree to the terms otherwise you cannot continue.

indeed, but it doesnt tell you what the terms are, just a tick box

i suggest you put the terms clearly visible on your site so ppl don't get caught out

What i meant was: The situation with one resale, and then the plugin becomes NFR.

Also, if there WAS a law which handles resales, and which forbids to forbid resales, then even free NFR's should be allowed to resell. But, again, as far as i'm concerned, such a law never existed. At least i never seen it, and noone ever pointed to it.

chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:28 am I also think you have to see the ethical part of the equation. Question is, as a customer, if it really is necessary and fair to oblige one man businesses to make their licenses legally resellable.
oh please, business is business

chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:28 am After all, you also obliged yourself to read and apply to the EULA before using the plugin.
before using, but after buying (as its not available to read before hand) so by that time you're f**ked

AnX wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:54 am
chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:28 am I also think you have to see the ethical part of the equation. Question is, as a customer, if it really is necessary and fair to oblige one man businesses to make their licenses legally resellable.
Yeah. Should go both sides though, shouldn't it? Still, loads of people complain about "unethical" behavior. When they could just leave the wallet in the pocket.

AnX wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:49 am indeed, but it doesnt tell you what the terms are, just a tick box

i suggest you put the terms clearly visible on your site so ppl don't get caught out
It says "Show Terms", just above the ckeckbox one has to tick. Anyway I am in the process of designing a new website layout, I guess I should put the terms into a scroll window instead.

chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:58 am
Yeah. Should go both sides though, shouldn't it?

yep, i treat a company the same way it treats it's customers. :tu:

adamtrance wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:06 pm use the Products solely for your personal, non-commercial purposes strictly in accordance with the terms of this Agreement
what exactly does "non commercial" mean?

you cant use it to make a film score or hit record?

AnX wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:12 pm
chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:58 am
Yeah. Should go both sides though, shouldn't it?

yep, i treat a company the same way it treats it's customers. :tu:
Well, i guess you meant that sarcastically, but, i think you know what i mean. :)

Here you go. This document should clear up things up on the legality of second hand software sales in the EU. :hihi:

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Le ... 022:EN:PDF
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I wonder if people living in EU (especially those claiming it is illegal not allowing re-selling of software), who purchases software from JRR Shop, AudioDeluxe, PluginDiscounts, Sweetwater, EveryPlugin and other similar online stores, are adding their purchases to their yearly declaration and pay the VAT to their government, like they should?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Instruments”