Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

ReboundAudio wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:47 pmHow you know that the copy protection is crap? Because Rapid doesn't got cracked? Maybe Rapid has not the amount of attention yet? But i'm sure it would be able to crack.
Let's be fair here, Rapid isn't bad and a good competitor with way less bugs and problems so far. Updates seem to be good tested and not rushed, introducing new bugs.
ReboundAudio wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:47 pm What i wonder is, that the new Sylenth1 isn't cracked. That copy protection is maybe stronger?
There are many keyfile protected plugins (getting lots of attention ;-) ) that didn't get cracked or only temporarily. I'm one of the "few" (as it always stated) people that experienced massive problems with Avenger. I'd say if they handled their copy protection the same way as the plugins, process or support itself then it is weak. And it'S also interesting how different developers react to the fact they encounter piracy. Not many start to cry out loud but know from the beginning that it's happening anyways and how to take meassurements against it.

marzelli wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:59 pm Let's be fair here, Rapid isn't bad and a good competitor with way less bugs and problems so far. Updates seem to be good tested and not rushed, introducing new bugs.
I know. I love Rapid and i work much with it. But i also do same with Avenger.
Avenger is more a CREATING Tool for me. It has so much good fx and ways to create sounds.
If they need to much performance i multisample them. :)
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

i dont need much plugins i have :

Adam szaboo: viper
Parawave: Rapid
Bitwig 3
Reason 10
Uvi: Drum Designer
Softube: Tape

Thats all i need and when its cracked i sale them
i love my attitude

D.K Envelope wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:02 pm and when its cracked i sale them
What sense does that make? :dog:
If someone steals the brand of your car, do you sell your car as well? :hihi:
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

It is how it is
thats my descicion live with that or not i dont care
only Klanghelm and Tdr Audio are the exception, but everything else or the most dont.
i dont want to see my plugins that i pay for in the warez site. The kiddies must learn that you have pay for the hard work from the Developers.
I work really hard and have not much money so i want plugins, that are not cracked.
I love to use the plugins that the kiddies cant use.
Whenever i make a youtube video about a plugin a lots of comments are : where can i get this for free ?
and i write them back : you must pay for it, because there are not cracked
i love this feeling

It is how it is

I’m good with any protection. I have elicensor as well
Last edited by mysteryspy2001 on Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ReboundAudio wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:08 pm If someone steals the brand of your car, do you sell your car as well? :hihi:
:lol:

That's a pretty fitting comparison.

it is how it is

ReboundAudio wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:15 pm
That's simply not true.
It's the only truth...
You could say "a good part of those people will never buy it" and it would be true.
But there are still people who use them like an "extended demo" that will eventually turn in legit users.

@msvs

Really sorry to hear about the loss of revenue due to piracy! Stay strong guys!

My main worry about a switch to elicenser (I've got one somewhere.. haven't used it in ages though) is that I absolutely need more than a single license. I have 3 computers that I use actively. One at the studio and two at home (a mac mini and a laptop). Obviously I don't use them at the same time. I also _never_ carry my dongles with me as it's way too big a risk in case my bag gets stolen. Thus the dongles live in their respective machines (yes I have 3 iloks).

Thus my philosophy has been to never purchase plugins that don't give me at least 3 licenses, to minimize hassle of switching computers.

The only time I take exception to this rule is if a plugin is ridiculously good and basically is used only in the studio.. then I can accept a single license but this is only for effects plugins, never for instrument plugins as I do a lot of sound design at home and on my laptop.. and naturally also in the studio.

iLok cloud storage thing works quite well and makes it simple to switch computers so I might make an exception if there's only a single license or only two licenses as the cloud takes care of the switching hassle.

So yeah, please please PLEASE do not make it difficult for us paying customers. It would be a real shame.

Also, have you talked with Urs? U-he's copy protection scheme seems to work just fine and is constantly time bombing the pirates with all kinds of nasties.. so much so that apparently nobody can 100% rely on pirated versions of U-he plugins. He has mentioned in the past that he is willing to share that part of their technology with other developers.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

plrdmus wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:09 pm
ReboundAudio wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:15 pm
That's simply not true.
It's the only truth...
You could say "a good part of those people will never buy it" and it would be true.
But there are still people who use them like an "extended demo" that will eventually turn in legit users.
I don't really know one who bought finally. Even REALLY sucessful djs i know personal use illegal copied presets which cost 20$ and never bought them. Every plugin cracked but showing BIG balls on the tv! ;) I think the people you talk about are 5% of 10.000.000 people... :)

But it's just my opinion and experiences.

And if only few people claimed about a dongle before avenger got created i wonder, why vengeance decided to not use elicenser from the beginning. :)

i wonder, why vengeance decided to not use elicenser from the beginning.
weil sie schon in der Entwicklungsphase von den (da noch zukünftigen) Kunden hörten "bitte keinen Dongle wie Xyz" - haben drauf gehört und bekamen jetzt 1,5 Jahre später die Quittung...schade

The Sarge! wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:05 am
i wonder, why vengeance decided to not use elicenser from the beginning.
weil sie schon in der Entwicklungsphase von den (da noch zukünftigen) Kunden hörten "bitte keinen Dongle wie Xyz" - haben drauf gehört und bekamen jetzt 1,5 Jahre später die Quittung...schade
Ja. Kunden, die sie jetzt gar nicht hätten, incl. mir. Die FX von Vengeance interessierten mich ebenfalls. Aber ich habe sie aufgrund des Dongles nicht gekauft. Und wenn Avenger folgt, wird das sicherlich auch viele verärgern. Es gibt genug Alternativen wie ilok software manager etc. ggf Codemeter oder den eigenen serial auf online check umrüsten. Dann läuft Avenger halt nur noch auf Onlinerechnern.

Dann läuft Avenger halt nur noch auf Onlinerechnern.
da gibt´s ja auch wieder zig Leute die das dann hassen und Avenger ablehnen würden
man kann es nie 100% Kunden rechtmachen, siehst ja daß es sogar einen hier gibt der sagt "wenn´s gecracked wurde schmeiss ich´s vom Rechner" :dog: hat wohl zu viel Geld

finde halt immer schade, daß treue und rechtschaffende Kunden drunter leiden müssen (nicht nur bei Warez gibt auch im analogen Bereich solche Situationen) :(

msvs wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:16 pm
People who use cracked software will never buy Avenger! NEVER!
nope
seems like you dont read my post somewhere some pages before regarding the "remove write protection" error popup. This lead to unbelievably many support requests of legit customers. You can read them all over the internet, too. Remains of the old crack caused this :wink:
I search for "avenger remove write protection" . i find only 2 entries. 1 in this kvr thread and 1 in audiosex.pro

your demo versions are older as current versions. I did not know if current version work good on my system(demo do not work good for me with low latency). but i do never test pirate software to have a actual demo, because i fear they install trojan. if somebody download full avenger often he try if it work. a guy who use pirate software have so much to try out, he can never use something for longer time. same with the film and game downloaders. they only want collect it. no human have the time to use it longer

I think much more worse for sell is this 50% off sale. i buy something, because it is cheap, but i use it only 1 or 2 times. I avoid to buy instruments i like, until they are not 50% off because it make me not happy when i buy something and few months later i see it with 50% off. better always drop software in price by 45% and sometimes do sale by 5%.

i think often VST instruments are overpriced to drop price by 50% some time and people that can not wait need pay the full price. I can wait, and that i not get frustrating i wish see a working avenger that can buy for 50% off.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Return to “Instruments”