Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Ive just downloaded the demo version of Avenger from Pluginboutique and I just cant get it to work.
Ive tried it in Cubase Elements 9.5 but only get a large blank white screen, where then, Cubase becomes non responsive.
Ive also tried it in Reaper where it crashes the DAW instantly.
Was really hoping to purchase this synth while the sale is on but its not looking hopeful.
Has anyone else had this problem or might know the cause?
Im on Windows 7 64

Mikelo wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:26 pm Ive also tried it in Reaper where it crashes the DAW instantly.
Was really hoping to purchase this synth while the sale is on but its not looking hopeful.
Im on Windows 7 64
I'm on Win10 Reaper, no problems, hardly ever crashes (unless I do a lot of cycling through the presets). Try the VTS3.

Bansaw wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:41 pm
Mikelo wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:26 pm Ive also tried it in Reaper where it crashes the DAW instantly.
Im on Windows 7 64
I'm on Win10 Reaper, no problems, hardly ever crashes (unless I do a lot of cycling through the presets). Try the VTS3.
Thanks for the tip, just installing the vst3 version now....

Nope ... still not working but this time I get a large black screen instead of a white one in Cubase and as for Reaper, still crashes instantly when selecting the plugin. Gutted.

Mikelo wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:06 pm Nope ... still not working but this time I get a large black screen instead of a white one in Cubase and as for Reaper, still crashes instantly when selecting the plugin. Gutted.
In the FX add right click on the Avenger vst3 and try and Run_As> and then try these options out one by one.
I am assuming you are running Reaper x64. Your defaults might not be jiving with Avenger.

Hi Bansaw, thanks for your efforts but unfortunately, still no joy. Non of them made a difference.

For anyone still on the fence It's only €83 at Thomann International (compared to €99 everywhere else): https://www.thomannmusic.com/vengeance_ ... venger.htm

Wish I had known before I bought it though. :ud:

Edit: Price is excluding VAT so ignore this.
Last edited by Puddi on Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

I've had Avenger for around a year and never really used it. After getting some expansions in the Sweetwater deal I've spent the evening playing around and have come up with an almost complete synthwave track. I have rarely worked so quickly and can't believe I ignored this synth until now.

Mikelo wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:27 pm Hi Bansaw, thanks for your efforts but unfortunately, still no joy. Non of them made a difference.
Sorry to hear that. :( It might be a Windows 7 issue. Sometimes its the GUIs with plugins that cause the most problems. A thought might be to update your graphics card drivers, but that a long-shot guess on my part.

andrew71 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:58 pm I've had Avenger for around a year and never really used it. After getting some expansions in the Sweetwater deal I've spent the evening playing around and have come up with an almost complete synthwave track. I have rarely worked so quickly and can't believe I ignored this synth until now.
When you said quickly, do you mean in creating/modifying sounds or workflow, as in it being a one-stop shop for finding the right sounds?

Puddi wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:39 pm For anyone still on the fence It's only €83 at Thomann International (compared to €99 everywhere else): https://www.thomannmusic.com/vengeance_ ... venger.htm

Wish I had known before I bought it though. :ud:
Its without VAT

Bansaw wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:02 am
Mikelo wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:27 pm Hi Bansaw, thanks for your efforts but unfortunately, still no joy. Non of them made a difference.
Sorry to hear that. :( It might be a Windows 7 issue. Sometimes its the GUIs with plugins that cause the most problems. A thought might be to update your graphics card drivers, but that a long-shot guess on my part.
Thanks again Bansaw;-)
I've already checked my Nvidia graphics and it's up to date.
I've emailed support to see if they can help.
I really wanted to buy this synth. I've no problems with my other heavy weight synths like Serum and Massive etc.
Just wasn't expecting this.
Seriously gutted.

Mikelo wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:14 am Thanks again Bansaw;-)
I really wanted to buy this synth. I've no problems with my other heavy weight synths like Serum and Massive etc.
Seriously gutted.
Sad to see you miss out. You'll have to move from Win7 sooner or later because Microsoft are going to stop supporting it 6 months time. ...I don't know if Avenger will be as low as -50% on Black Friday or not. We'll see.

Bansaw wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:20 am
Mikelo wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:14 am Thanks again Bansaw;-)
Seriously gutted.
Sad to see you miss out. You'll have to move from Win7 sooner or later because Microsoft are going to stop supporting it 6 months time. ...I don't know if Avenger will be as low as -50% on Black Friday or not. We'll see.
Yes , totally agree. Looks like I will have to upgrade to 10 soon. Was going to purchase a new high end i9 system but due to pay loss at work, that idea was scraped (for now), family came first.
Vengeance website does say Windows 7 in spec requirements but I guess its a lottery with this ageing OS.

macmuse wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:10 am When you said quickly, do you mean in creating/modifying sounds or workflow, as in it being a one-stop shop for finding the right sounds?
I was using and tweaking presets from the Synthwave, Retro 80s and Analog expansions. I put a basic track together in just a few hours, where I normally tend to get stuck in 4 or 8 bar loops.

I saved very regularly as I have had Avenger crash a few times in the last few days. CTRL-S is my friend!
Last edited by andrew71 on Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”