Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.5.0 update!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
msvs
KVRAF
1747 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:08 am

- phase per partial (in FFT editor) like Image Line Sytrus/Harmor
we will try this aut but this wont have musch effect on the sound, rather on the waveform


- Would you also like to deal with image resynthesis in the future? Insert frequency images as in IL Harmor or create wavetable from image as in Serum?
I personally think this is just a toy... but feel free to import wavetables you created in harmor :)

- keytracking arp pattern speed (repetition is based on sound frequency, not on playing speed.)
this is possible, just assign it in the modmatrix... keytrat --> Arp Speed Stepless (or note values/synced)

> Or a resample lock option, that the osc cannot resample, but the wave is repeated as a one-shot in the frequency of the played tone.
It feels like I've been looking for this function all my life, but nobody does.

our plugin Phalanx can do this per default in every channel. Its planned to add this feature to Avenger in a future update

>Danke und schmilz nicht dahin!
klima :D
http://www.vengeance-sound.com
join our VPS AVENGER usergroup on FB: https://tinyurl.com/y99jurk9
join our reFX NEXUS usergroup on FB:https://tinyurl.com/tc5o9x7

dreamvoid
KVRist
288 posts since 8 Jun, 2009

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:28 am

Image import for Resynthesis is a gimmick, please don't waste any time for developing this. I would prefer functionality like Serato Sample in a turbocharged manner.

User avatar
msvs
KVRAF
1747 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:09 pm

50% sale status video by Marcel James:
https://www.facebook.com/marcel.james.1 ... 923704831/
http://www.vengeance-sound.com
join our VPS AVENGER usergroup on FB: https://tinyurl.com/y99jurk9
join our reFX NEXUS usergroup on FB:https://tinyurl.com/tc5o9x7

User avatar
phreaque
KVRian
962 posts since 17 Jul, 2007 from Baghdad-Iq

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:15 pm

Awesome video :) and brilliant job Manuel.
Saif Sameer - content designer
Reveal-Sound Image-Line SoundCloud

User avatar
Faiky
KVRist
153 posts since 23 Jun, 2012

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:06 pm

msvs wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:08 am
- phase per partial (in FFT editor) like Image Line Sytrus/Harmor
we will try this aut but this wont have musch effect on the sound, rather on the waveform
In my experience, it even has a strong effect on the sound, especially when you edit the first partial tones.
- Would you also like to deal with image resynthesis in the future? Insert frequency images as in IL Harmor or create wavetable from image as in Serum?
I personally think this is just a toy... but feel free to import wavetables you created in harmor :)
:scared: Okay... but it's so funny and... eh.. you can create newsounds and FX and movings, sound different then linear interpolation, but maybe you're right, you can do it in other synthesizers as well and export, they also need a right to exist :roll: .
What about spectral interpolation between the tables, another mode for the smooth mode.
- keytracking arp pattern speed (repetition is based on sound frequency, not on playing speed.)
this is possible, just assign it in the modmatrix... keytrat --> Arp Speed Stepless (or note values/synced)
Ohh.. lovely, thank you!
our plugin Phalanx can do this per default in every channel. Its planned to add this feature to Avenger in a future update
Maybe it's worth taking a look there, too.
Keep it up!

User avatar
phreaque
KVRian
962 posts since 17 Jul, 2007 from Baghdad-Iq

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:35 pm

Manuel, is it planned to implement round robin?
Saif Sameer - content designer
Reveal-Sound Image-Line SoundCloud

maximoog
KVRist
152 posts since 22 Jan, 2007

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:04 am

What I still need in Avenger is the possibility to morph through the eight OSC' s. I would wish for a kind of vectorstick or envelope. That would close the gap to Alchemy.

olepro
KVRAF
1551 posts since 19 Apr, 2003 from Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:28 am

...And then additive synthesis to close the gap totally :)
But having Harmor already will need a VERY good additive engine to use Avenger in stead, in this case

Edit:
And yes, i know Avenger has additive, but not as in Harmor and Alchemy with sample to additive convertion
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

User avatar
Faiky
KVRist
153 posts since 23 Jun, 2012

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:04 am

+1 for round robin!

Okay, wishes for the granular engine:
- random timing for grains
- custom envelope for grains
- density: slower and more dense may be possible (maybe a x2/x10 button for backward compatiblity)?

KT-Granulator (now SaltyGrain) or Argotlunar is a greate example what's possible with advance grain functions, a sound-fx beast! Very cinematic, can generate huge sounding ensembles, thunder storms, scifi, atmoshphere, monster and much more.
Last edited by Faiky on Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan99
KVRian
767 posts since 30 Nov, 2011

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:18 am

msvs wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:09 pm
50% sale status video by Marcel James:
https://www.facebook.com/marcel.james.1 ... 923704831/
Sweetwater and Vengeance Sound must be happy, as I got 2 X 5 pack expansions.

So if they want more of my wallet, they should do other 50% off sales in the future!

maximoog
KVRist
152 posts since 22 Jan, 2007

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:51 am

olepro wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:28 am
...And then additive synthesis to close the gap totally :)
But having Harmor already will need a VERY good additive engine to use Avenger in stead, in this case

Edit:
And yes, i know Avenger has additive, but not as in Harmor and Alchemy with sample to additive convertion
+1

User avatar
Faiky
KVRist
153 posts since 23 Jun, 2012

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:13 am

maximoog wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:51 am
olepro wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:28 am
...And then additive synthesis to close the gap totally :)
But having Harmor already will need a VERY good additive engine to use Avenger in stead, in this case

Edit:
And yes, i know Avenger has additive, but not as in Harmor and Alchemy with sample to additive convertion
+1
Oh yes, Harmor is a dream for a additive synth and for sound designers.

The problem is that my demands and ideas grow with such things and you would like to have everything in one. e.g. detune certain partial tones, move over self-drawn fft filter curve, beding curve, add fm, hard sync a perfect soundquality. But Harmor is specialized in additive and the possibilities there are so varied and at the same time intuitive to use, that makes him indispensable. From a programming point of view, it's certainly a long way to get there. Avenger has no prism, harmonizer function, vector curves for FFT filters, it certainly won't, that's harmor.
Avenger gets very close to the dream synthesizer, which makes everything possible, but every synthesizer will have some special features, advantages and disadvantages, even if it's just the price.
So far Avenger is the happiest compromise of all and will be my new main synthesizer. He has realized many of my dreams for a synthesizer that I had. But the ideas for a new sound design go on forever.

User avatar
msvs
KVRAF
1747 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:10 am

no worries we will constantly improve certain modules :)
http://www.vengeance-sound.com
join our VPS AVENGER usergroup on FB: https://tinyurl.com/y99jurk9
join our reFX NEXUS usergroup on FB:https://tinyurl.com/tc5o9x7

User avatar
hivkorn
KVRAF
3213 posts since 6 Sep, 2007 from France

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:12 am

Please 1 more week for the sale ! I m sure everyone will agree. :D

Razzia
KVRist
364 posts since 21 May, 2016

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:17 am

Faiky wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:13 am
maximoog wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:51 am
olepro wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:28 am
...And then additive synthesis to close the gap totally :)
But having Harmor already will need a VERY good additive engine to use Avenger in stead, in this case

Edit:
And yes, i know Avenger has additive, but not as in Harmor and Alchemy with sample to additive convertion
+1
Oh yes, Harmor is a dream for a additive synth and for sound designers.

The problem is that my demands and ideas grow with such things and you would like to have everything in one. e.g. detune certain partial tones, move over self-drawn fft filter curve, beding curve, add fm, hard sync a perfect soundquality. But Harmor is specialized in additive and the possibilities there are so varied and at the same time intuitive to use, that makes him indispensable. From a programming point of view, it's certainly a long way to get there. Avenger has no prism, harmonizer function, vector curves for FFT filters, it certainly won't, that's harmor.
Avenger gets very close to the dream synthesizer, which makes everything possible, but every synthesizer will have some special features, advantages and disadvantages, even if it's just the price.
So far Avenger is the happiest compromise of all and will be my new main synthesizer. He has realized many of my dreams for a synthesizer that I had. But the ideas for a new sound design go on forever.
Agreed, Harmor is an incredible sound design tool, but comparisons to Harmor are not quite fair. You'd have to either design a synth from the ground up to do what it does, or make changes and additions to practically every single module to accomodate the additive approach to traditional (and some less traditional) synthesizer modules. There's a reason there's nothing else like Harmor. Closest thing I know of is Loom, but IMO Air dropped the ball on that one where tweakability and user control is concerned.

I would love for Avenger to have sample resynthesis and maybe some of harmor's unison options (per voice unison phase and pitch spread are pretty handy, for instance) but I don't really want Avenger to try to be Harmor.

Return to “Instruments”