Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

moonchunk wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:01 pm Avenger 1.5?
Answered earlier by Manuel: later this year, November maybe.

Something strange happening with DIM/EXPANDER. I'm using Psy Trance 2 preset.

When turning on the SYNC and turning it off again, the same setting as before result in a completely different texture to the sound. No retweaking will get it back to how it is before turning on SYNC, turning off SYNC. The only way is to reload the FX completely. Might be normal, I don't know.

Edit: actually, i think it's related to the dampness knob, this needs to be reset, to where it is.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Another one. ARP isn't as sample accurate as the alternative of notes on the time line. Even with all the Humanise type of settings at 0, we get a very slight shift back or forwards, depending on arp positions.

The strange thing is, the slight shift is always the same with every instance of Avenger, they will null each other. This makes me believe it's not sample accuracy that is the issue but the actual position of where the arp claims itself as being.

I was having an issue with 2 Avenger synths layerd one was running an arp, the other had the off beat drawn as midi. The phase relationship kept changing from what I wanted. It took me about 2 hours to realise why. Again, using Volumer Shaper on the master buss, set to 1/4, we can see Avenger when ARP, the note shifting ever so slightly back and forth, the same sound drawn as midi, not ARP, BOOM spot on, perfectly accurate.

It's not some kind of random drift, another instance of Avenger, with the same preset (FX turned off) will null. So Avenger is being extremely accurate to what it thinks it should be.
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

phreaque wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:11 am
moonchunk wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:01 pm Avenger 1.5?
Answered earlier by Manuel: later this year, November maybe.
It feels like it must be some other big update coming in 1.5 other then "guitar strum" and a new filter?
It's been such a long time now.

mynet wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:17 pm "guitar strum"
That alone enough to take all this time. As this feature is unique and requires lots of effort. ;)

yes, 1.5 will contain much more, for example new Vintage Analog filters etc...
regarding mitchimacha: did you use the latest version?

msvs wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:52 pm regarding mitchimacha: did you use the latest version?
Both issues current version. It was me that pointed out the last sync issue.

Any reason why a sound designer would make all the drum hits 0.50ms DELAY in Avenger DELAY knob for the samples, in the editor (for instance PSY Trance 2). I noticed in Volume Shaper that they were behind. I sourced it to that knob. It does actually fit the Psy Trance bass as it's transient is 0.50ms behind, shifting the full thing -0.50ms, puts everything back in place (but that's not my issue).

It's worth noting, its actually impossible to dial in that value. Will we be getting a feature to type in values on these knobs? That would be good. I'd love to know how it was set to 0.50ms. I've tried holding shift/ctrl etc. I may of missed something here.

Just to be clear.

Issue 1: DIM/Expander doesn't revert back to correct setting when turning on/off sync. Damp knob isn't where it's set, needs to be readjusted.
Issue 2: Arp minute timing drift that is always the same. Messes phase with non ARP sounds.
Issue 3: Not been able to type in values for knobs and/or ultra fine control.

Question: Why you've set the drum hits to be 0.50ms delay in Hands up lives (amazing pack), probably others too. Is there a "secret" here. I'd love to know more about it.

Than you very much Manuel. Really appreciate all the hard work you're putting into Avenger. It's the synth I've always needed.

this was a convervsion bug. Any drumkits in the XPs were saved with a wrong initial delay value. But this had been fixed

That the arp is phasing slightly is due the block size we are working with, the internal resolution, cant be changed easily except you want 200% CPU per key

I will look into that DIM Expander problem

mitchiemasha wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:53 am It's worth noting, its actually impossible to dial in that value. Will we be getting a feature to type in values on these knobs? That would be good.
Yes please Manuel, that's a must have in such a good synth and it's very helpful when working around Avenger's limitations. Furthermore, some parameters are displayed just as % rather than their value, and it's useful to see what you're actually doing instead of going by ear.
The most obvious example would be FM rate (it would be nice to have a ratio instead of a percentage and it would still work across all its modes like free, harmonic or octave). Please consider this.
Regards

msvs wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:36 am Any drumkits in the XPs... But this had been fixed
Thank you for your reply. Do I re download the XPs?

not the XPs, its been fixed in Avenger
I dont know actually if its in Avenger 1.4.10 or in my 1.5.0 beta, I will ask Rene tomorrow

Very excited for 1.5.0. Thank you.

Is there no summer sale this year?

Keilwerth-Audio celebrates!
10th Anniversary!
come and celebrate with us: Keilwerth-Audio is getting 10 years old! Enjoy the ONE TIME opportunity to get real 50% off all our products! This offer will only last short so be quick!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That was quick. Great Service ;D

Congratulations and thank you very much.
To the next 10 years.

Return to “Instruments”