Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

chrisg wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:39 am I have this q:
The arp patterns of some expansions show up in the dropdown,
no matter which expansion i'm in, but only of 3 others than the factory patterns
(CHE's for example).

Is it possible to collect all arp or sequencer patterns of all expansions in one folder?

An add-on only with such patterns would be as great as a sound/pattern randomizer

thanks

Where can i dowlnload 1.4.9 please?

here http://www.vengeance-storage.com/produc ... _1_4_9.dmg is no file

tthanks !

no matter which expansion i'm in, but only of 3 others than the factory patterns
(CHE's for example).
its only there, when the sound designer / author or the xp decided to save all his arp patterns
why is this no file? Its for Mac (OSX). Seems you need PC

@msvs: seriously, how do you use Avenger with no HiDPI Support?

I mean if you use the 4K monitor and don’t scale windows, the daw is really really small, Explorer is small only Avenger can zoom in properly. (But is hard for the eyes to work like that)

Now if you use the 4K monitor with windows scaling then Windows interface looks more like a full hd in terms of how much real estate can fit (just way more clearer than a 1080 screen due to pixel density). For the daws to look at same level of clarity, HiDPI mode must be enabled and here I lose it with Avenger which even though it can zoom on itself, it does not support HiDPI.

Just installed Cubase (they have a 50% off offer ongoing btw) and without HDPI enabled it looks terribly small on high resolutions (and my screen is just 1440p). With HIDPI active, it looks great and the only modern plugin that does not support the mode is Avenger (Falcon, Rapid, Serum, u-he all look gorgeous). Meanwhile, Avenger is unusable because Cubase shows a quarter of it’s window.

There is literally no way to use Cubase with HiDPI disabled on big screens (otherwise the interface is so small and text so fuzzy, its very tiring for the eyes) and you’re esesentially not supporting it. And things will not change in the future, quite contrary. You said once that 4K is the future, you missed that also HiDPI is part of that 4K future (for proper scaling).

sircuit wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:38 pmFor the daws to look at same level of clarity, HiDPI mode must be enabled and here I lose it with Avenger which even though it can zoom on itself, it does not support HiDPI.
It looks great in Bitwig. Seriously, Cubase HiDPI is much better than before but still not great. Ableton is generally better and Bitwig is pretty much perfect now (note you can set each plugin to be auto-scaled or not by right-clicking it in the browser).

I just spent a good portion of the day working out which DAW I should focus on going forward with a very strong emphasis on 4K/HiDPI usability and Bitwig is the likely winner (I need a reset of my Studio One 4 trial to test the latest version of that).

Cubase is getting better, but still lacking a lot in this way.

tldr; Avenger is just fine in HiDPI scenarios - Cubase has a way to go.

koalaboy wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:10 pm tldr; Avenger is just fine in HiDPI scenarios
No it’s really not. I don’t have Bitwig but ALL other hosts: reaper, cubase, ableton live, vienna ensemble pro when in HiDPI mode, display Avenger very fuzzy especially when the zoom in Avenger is at 90% or below.

Example: ANA2 when at normal resolution (no windows scaling) displays a big window at 100%. When in HiDPI mode, you need to boost ANA2 zoom at 125-150% because that 100% becomes small under HIDPI environment (as it should).
Now Avenger, it doesnt know if is under normal display (no HiDPI) or HiDPI environment and therefore scales the same. Under HiDPI I should push Avenger zoom OVER 100% and yet I have to keep it UNDER 100% to fit the screen.

sircuit wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:26 pm
koalaboy wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:10 pm tldr; Avenger is just fine in HiDPI scenarios
No it’s really not. I don’t have Bitwig but ALL other hosts: reaper, cubase, ableton live, vienna ensemble pro when in HiDPI mode, display Avenger very fuzzy especially when the zoom in Avenger is at 90% or below.
All I can suggest is to try Bitwig - the demo is free.

Ensure you right-click on Avenger in the plugin list and deselect "Stretch Plug-In Window to Match DPI"

I have no affiliation or 'win' in this - I'm just someone who's being trying to find a way to run all their VST plugins on a 4K monitor for ages, and I've finally found something that works. If it doesn't work for you, there's nothing I can say to help.

I agree that *all* devs should work together to get this working consistently, but there's so much disparity between DAWs, even with the same plugins, that I'm not hopeful.

koalaboy wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:10 pm I just spent a good portion of the day working out which DAW I should focus on going forward with a very strong emphasis on 4K/HiDPI usability and Bitwig is the likely winner (I need a reset of my Studio One 4 trial to test the latest version of that).
Avenger 1.4.9 running perfectly in HiDPI on my 4K monitor in Studio One 4.1.4 (Windows 10, system DPI scaling disabled, 110% zoom).

As a side remark, I find that all plugins with a scalable UI look better in S1 (when scaled appropriately, obviously) than in Bitwig. For non-scalable plugin UIs, it's the other way around - unfortunately, S1's "System DPI Scaling" mode almost never works for me, so the S1 scaling in these cases is sharp, but very tiny. Got a second monitor with full HD, so I move the plugin window over there if needed.

pk-1 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:10 pm Windows 10, system DPI scaling disabled, 110% zoom
If the 110% zoom refers to Avenger and not to Windows scaling then you are not using Windows in HiDPI mode, but in regular desktop mode.

HiDPI mode is when you have a high resolution monitor and you use the scaling option (125% - 200%) in order to have the entire OS zoomed to a comfortable level. Yes, sometimes the real estate will be similar to the one of 1920x1080 but the higher pixel density of the hires screen will show everything super sharp.

A software that truly supports HiDPI will look smaller at it's own 100% with HiDPI enabled.

sircuit wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:40 pm
pk-1 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:10 pm Windows 10, system DPI scaling disabled, 110% zoom
If the 110% zoom refers to Avenger and not to Windows scaling then you are not using Windows in HiDPI mode, but in regular desktop mode.

HiDPI mode is when you have a high resolution monitor and you use the scaling option (125% - 200%) in order to have the entire OS zoomed to a comfortable level. Yes, sometimes the real estate will be similar to the one of 1920x1080 but the higher pixel density of the hires screen will show everything super sharp.

A software that truly supports HiDPI will look smaller at it's own 100% with HiDPI enabled.
That was unclear indeed. My Windows is running at 150% scaling on 4K resolution, and so is S1 (you can't change that, unlike Bitwig). The "system scaling" refers to the Avenger plugin setting in S1. Avenger itself is scaled to 110%.

msvs wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:47 am
why is this no file? Its for Mac (OSX). Seems you need PC

i got an imac i7 with high sierra here ... so it seems i need a dmg ;)

seriously, if i click on this link, then an empty page opens but no download starts.
if i deactivate my adblocker, then the page looks like in the attached screenshot, but again no dl starts
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

you have to login here https://register.vps-avenger.com/

thanks, there it is ;)

Issue: Font in Clipper only shows as the shadow, not white text like other FX.
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 10, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED), Yamaha CS2x (Custom Mapped).

msvs wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:21 pm host sync is planned
Awesome! :tu:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Instruments”