Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

you can also play smoothly with 512, at least with a good driver, like on RME audio cards :) However:

I just tested the Hardrocker preset, absolutely runs smooth, around 15%. No crackles, nothing. But as said, since the presets uses much samples, it can have to do with SSD. I threw out all non-SSD drives years ago, keeping the mechanical drives only for data storage/backup devices, so I cant test this,

jbraner wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:28 pm I keep it small (64) when recording parts - to keep latency down.
It doesn't matter when using arps/sequencers etc - just for playing "keyboard" parts.
also - I have to keep latency down for playing guitar parts - as I always use amp/speaker sims and you really want to keep latency down.

Then I put the buffer sizes back up for mixing. ;)
when have arps or sequencer low latency is important too. because when play live and press a key only 4 ms too late, without sequencer no problem, but it can happen that the arp or sequencer play it 1/16 or 1/8 later to fit sequence to beat. so 4 ms can cause in a delay of 40 ms or more.

I verify on sys setting, have install on SSD. strange thing is i get crackle too when i use the arp in chord mode. this happen with the init preset sound and just switch arp on and switch to chord. press 1 key and hold it, then can hear every 5-10 sec a crackle. but when use no chord mode, then can use many sounds and no crackle. to hear crackle better reduce cutoff so sound have not much high frequency
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

I now have done a video with camera and upload it, because i notice that when the arp is disable in SQ hardrocker(even if the arp in the route area is disable, so it do nothing), the crackle disapear. I remove the other arps, so only 1 arp is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdlqtdj2Q1A

In sys can change the FPS mode. I use ECO for the video. crackle happen with other settings too. it seem the calc of the arp block too long sound play. this explain wy chords make more problems, maybe arp have more to do

When is 1.5 out?

no release date set

Manuel when is the Atmospheric 1 expansion coming thats a instant buy :love:. please do some shimmer reverb effects presets on some of the presets thank you

msvs wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:32 pm you can also play smoothly with 512, at least with a good driver, like on RME audio cards :) However:

I just tested the Hardrocker preset, absolutely runs smooth, around 15%. No crackles, nothing. But as said, since the presets uses much samples, it can have to do with SSD. I threw out all non-SSD drives years ago, keeping the mechanical drives only for data storage/backup devices, so I cant test this,
Wait.. what? Avenger streams from disc? :?: I just assumed it loads all samples into RAM...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

no it dont, it loads into ram. Its quite strange, I dont know what the exact reason is in this particular preset, but when it helps for him using a SSD, he should do. I send the preset to Rene, maybe he finds out another detail we might miss. I cant find anything special in the preset. Its even harder to find, because it runs smooth on my machine.

in the video can hear that every time when the arp do a new step, the crackle come. when i add arp2 and arp3 and let them run, then crackle is not so often. it crackle only sometimes when arp do a step. the video is done with 128 samples asio buffer. with larger buffer it work better. but when i switch the arp to chord, then with 512 sample buffer crackle on every arp step happen too. crackle time is not random, random is only if it happen on the next arp step or not. its really strange

As a complete newbie to this monster (got it yesterday) I have one very important question for my workflow which I could not really figure out by the user guide or the "whats new" videos.

Can I choose an existing chord progression on a midi track to playback a complete exisiting sequence preset and will it follow my chords ? If possible, which setting do I have to use in the "chord detection" setup in the arp window ?

I see in the window on top that it shows chords but not sure if these are the ones INCOMING from my midi track or the ones set in the Avenger Arp.

Any hint really appreciated cause if this works it would be a real gamechanger for my songwriting :-)

msvs wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:43 am no it dont, it loads into ram. Its quite strange, I dont know what the exact reason is in this particular preset, but when it helps for him using a SSD, he should do. I send the preset to Rene, maybe he finds out another detail we might miss. I cant find anything special in the preset. Its even harder to find, because it runs smooth on my machine.
Gotcha. So I suspect it's more of a computer performance issue as opposed to anything Avenger needs. Once the sample is loaded into RAM, at that point Avenger is just relying on what stress the DAW, OS, and any other plugins are demanding from the hard drive (or in this case, SSD). :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

msvs maybe it could be something regarding older i7 intel cpu generation, like haswell vs yours, for example lacking of avx-512 and instead only providing avx-256? So maybe a question of the compiler configuration? I mean the cpu speed barely improved later, only new instructions were added...

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:10 pm msvs maybe it could be something regarding older i7 intel cpu generation, like haswell vs yours, for example lacking of avx-512 and instead only providing avx-256? So maybe a question of the compiler configuration? I mean the cpu speed barely improved later, only new instructions were added...
There's also the Meltdown and Spectre "fixes" that have killed many older CPU performance since the latest Windows updates.

I didn't install those fixes, and the performance problems with Avenger are even older than that AFAIK.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:38 pm I didn't install those fixes, and the performance problems with Avenger are even older than that AFAIK.
Is Avenger also not co-dependendant on your GPU and not just cpu? Could that not be the whole root cause of Avengers crackle and pops even if you got a supa cpu and ultra high asio buffer settings? Manuel.. what screen card are you using? The screencard may be the missing link to this puzzle I think!

Return to “Instruments”