Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

No not self made samples but from different manufactures. The samples can be dragged and dropped with maschine so thats why I'm asking. Am I doing something wrong? I'm going to test it asap. Thanks for the information.

milwel traamen wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:26 pm No not self made samples but from different manufactures. The samples can be dragged and dropped with maschine so thats why I'm asking. Am I doing something wrong? I'm going to test it asap. Thanks for the information.
You could also bounce the file to desktop as a wav file and then drag and drop to Avenger I do this with sounds in logic pro ex24 and from kontakt

100tifiko wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:47 pm
milwel traamen wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:26 pm No not self made samples but from different manufactures. The samples can be dragged and dropped with maschine so thats why I'm asking. Am I doing something wrong? I'm going to test it asap. Thanks for the information.
You could also bounce the file to desktop as a wav file and then drag and drop to Avenger I do this with sounds in logic pro ex24 and from kontakt
Makes more sense if it could be done within cubase with the mediabay. But i'll try to drag and drop samples from the location it is stored. I'm not at home so I can't try this. Thanks again!

The Chord Mode on the Arp has options for power minor and power major chords. Now anyone that knows about music knows a power chord is not minor nor major because there is not a 3rd, just the root, the fifth and the octave. For instance if you plug in E and set the chord to power minor. VPS gives you a B-E-G-B which is really like an E/B minor chord. There are alot of ways to look at chords / inversions and in some cases they can have different names depending on how you look at them, (like stacking thirds to create diminished chords and moving up/down every 3 semitones. Its basically the same chord just the notes are in a different order) but there is no such thing as power minor or power major. I really like the chord mode and strum options but the layout needs alot work.
Last edited by EastBoundSounds on Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Another thing I noticed is if you select power 5th. On some octaves you'll get for example E minor would give you E-B-E which is good but then if you go up or down an octave it will eventually go to B-E-B which is NOT an E power chord. I hope they update it soon It would be nice if they added more chord options like Dsus2#5/E , E5add#11 or some cool inversions. Obviously, after they fix the well known issues first.

its not an "octave" you go up, its an intervall. for 3note chords ist CEG EGC GCE and THEN the next octave comes. For a 2note chord there are only 2 intervalls of couse EB BE, then the next octave. The Power (+) addition only means, there comes an +12 on top.
We took the most common chords and did NOT include all possible and impossible chords... on purpose, to keep it more simple. I guess 90% of the customers already didnt know how a Amin6 works, so we skipped all too complicated chords (which makes more sense on a real guitar btw.) But since every Chord has an independant sub note, which you can shift freely, you are allowed to create 1 more custom note to each chord... or shift the bass (playing a Cmajor for example with a bass on E)

Don't underestimate your user base. There are plenty of us who would like to be able to use more complex chords and voicings. Maybe you could implement a better chord builder some time.

no, I dont think this will happen, we are very happy with the Arpeggiator/Chord Mode the way it is. We don't include every possibility or feature on this planet, just because it exists. :wink:
But what will come is a real sequencer, so you can set your own notes there and therefore do every unusual chord you like.

Great thanks, that is pretty much what I would want and can use, thank you.

msvs wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:00 am no, I dont think this will happen, we are very happy with the Arpeggiator/Chord Mode the way it is. We don't include every possibility or feature on this planet, just because it exists. :wink:
But what will come is a real sequencer, so you can set your own notes there and therefore do every unusual chord you like.
:party: please don't forget about the wavetable editor hope you make the video for 1.5 soon thanks

this is on the list, no worries

Msvs explain to me what a power minor and power major chord is?

it has an octave of the source above, for example C E G C
thats also written inside the chord notes, didnt you see it?

Can't seem to drag and drop any sample. Made some of my own. But it will not drag and drop, while for instance Maschine can reveive samples from mediabase in Cubase. I also tried to drag and drop from another location but this also doesn't seem to work. What am I doing wrong? Would be very thankfull if someone here knows whats wrong. Using Mac mojave. Cubase 9.5.41. And latest Avenger. 1.4.7. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Or is there anyone who can confirm with the same setup. Mac mojave, cubase, avenger, drag and drop works? Thanks!

msvs wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:33 pm it has an octave of the source above, for example C E G C
thats also written inside the chord notes, didnt you see it?
Nah, he's too blind with distain to see anything. Honestly I don't see the problem here. Who cares about the nomenclature used. It's a power chord with either a minor or major 3rd added, so it was named as such. Also, if someone wants an F#m(7,13,b5), D9/F# chord, I'm pretty sure they're not going to look for it in Avengers arpeggiator.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Return to “Instruments”