Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Question:

Anybody know how to access all of the included factory sample content for every single type of synthesis? For instance if I load up a Granualr oscillator I have access to a variety of factory selected samples but not all the samples that I can find for the sampler module. Is there any way to get access to the factory sounds so I can use them with every type of synthesis like the Granular, Resampler and Wavetable?

I'm trying to make a sound bank that only uses factory content but I feel I'm a bit limited due to not having access to all the available sample material.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:47 pm Is there any way to get access to the factory sounds so I can use them with every type of synthesis like the Granular, Resampler and Wavetable?
NO

resampler/wavetables have to be created, this is a tricky process. You cant just load any sample and voila you have a wavetable. All unison/pitch vibrating sounds are especially very tricky and most times impossible.
The multisamples can also not be loaded into the granular, because the granular needs single samples. Multisamples may have different lengths (example a piano) and this would cause problems. So you would have to chose, which of the multisample wavs you want to load into the granular. We did not do this yet, because this may complicate things too much. But maybe we consider this one day.
On the arp chord mode it would be helpful if when you are creating chords it plays the keys on the piano that way see the exact notes we are playing these would help a lot if you are not a piano player but can see the chords playing in the piano and help you make your melody faster
you can visit the "zones" page, there you see the presset keys on the keyboard graphic

Can you make a tutorial how to record the chord midi in logic pro x I can't figure this out thank you

Can we lock the arp so we can cycle through presets using the same arp

100tifiko wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:05 pm Can we lock the arp so we can cycle through presets using the same arp
I've wished for this for a while, and Manuel answered with a big fat NO but it made sense actually.

Now here's my request, maybe we can have a "Master" or "Global" Arp in Vengeance for this purpose? It would be a nice convenience.

There is already a workaround already for those who love using Avenger's arpeggiator. You can assign an instance of Avenger to a track, and route the MIDI out to control an instance of VPS Avenger on another track. This is what makes Avenger the gift that keeps on giving, because not only is it a full blown VST workstation, but it can be used as an awesome VST arpeggiator as well.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

msvs wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:00 pm resampler/wavetables have to be created, this is a tricky process. You cant just load any sample and voila you have a wavetable. All unison/pitch vibrating sounds are especially very tricky and most times impossible.
The multisamples can also not be loaded into the granular, because the granular needs single samples. Multisamples may have different lengths (example a piano) and this would cause problems. So you would have to chose, which of the multisample wavs you want to load into the granular. We did not do this yet, because this may complicate things too much. But maybe we consider this one day.
Hmm.. yet I can easily drag any sample from my HD to the resampler and wavetables. Yes the results vary a lot but sometimes they can be very interesting.

Especially the resampler and granular parts really lend themselves perfectly well for random experimentation with any material. Especially granular synthesis.. so it's really unfortunate that there's no way of getting to the full sample content and using that as basis for your own custom (potentially commercial) bank.

Why not have a "last in the list" option in the Granular part where you can browse through every single sample provided by the factory content of avenger? Multisamples could simply be separated here in the list.. surely they are named in the normal fashion with key, velocity etc? It wouldn't matter if the list was super long as there is a search function.

Anyhow, I can understand your point about the Wavetable and perhaps even slightly understand your reservation of the resampling mode but limiting the granular content is unfortunate.

2nd Question:

Is there any way to sync an LFO so that it retriggers according to the host/daw tempo (so that it retriggers every bar and then can have it's speed managed by the rate knob)? When set to "free" mode it is truly free.. and in all other modes it always ends up being triggered by a note in one way or another.

What I'm trying to do is have an LFO modulate a filter target that is completely independent of any notes triggered yet always plays the exact same way when I start the playback in the DAW. I have not found a way to do this.

Cheers!

Orbit-50 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:37 pmThis is what makes Avenger the gift that keeps on giving, because not only is it a full blown VST workstation, but it can be used as an awesome VST arpeggiator as well.
Amen. Is there any dedicated arpeggiator that's more sophisticated than Avenger's? I dont know of any. Cthulu is prob the closest that i know. Ive been saying vps could make that arp its own plugin and sell it to people who dont already have avenger

Razzia wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:08 pm Is there any dedicated arpeggiator that's more sophisticated than Avenger's?
Kirnu Cream

Razzia wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:08 pm
Orbit-50 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:37 pmThis is what makes Avenger the gift that keeps on giving, because not only is it a full blown VST workstation, but it can be used as an awesome VST arpeggiator as well.
Amen. Is there any dedicated arpeggiator that's more sophisticated than Avenger's? I dont know of any. Cthulu is prob the closest that i know. Ive been saying vps could make that arp its own plugin and sell it to people who dont already have avenger
I couldn't have worded it better myself. The day that I tried it out, and saw that it actually worked flawlessly, I was like holy s*** it just doesn't end with this thing. Not many developers allow you to run their built in arpeggiator MIDI out to send to other tracks. Also, the drum sequencer allowing you save MIDI files. You now have access to a plethora of fantastic stylized MIDI drum sequences produced by Vengeance Sound. All great stuff. There is just no reason not to make a hit song with this thing. None whatsoever.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

sircuit wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:45 pm
Razzia wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:08 pm Is there any dedicated arpeggiator that's more sophisticated than Avenger's?
Kirnu Cream
Yeah it would be great if it wasn't broken. One of the worst arpeggiators I've ever used actually, and believe me I've tried every single one. Cthulhu, Avenger, and Nora are the champions in this category. Everything else is rotten meat at this point.

Orbit-50 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:37 pm
100tifiko wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:05 pm Can we lock the arp so we can cycle through presets using the same arp
I've wished for this for a while, and Manuel answered with a big fat NO but it made sense actually.

Now here's my request, maybe we can have a "Master" or "Global" Arp in Vengeance for this purpose? It would be a nice convenience.

There is already a workaround already for those who love using Avenger's arpeggiator. You can assign an instance of Avenger to a track, and route the MIDI out to control an instance of VPS Avenger on another track. This is what makes Avenger the gift that keeps on giving, because not only is it a full blown VST workstation, but it can be used as an awesome VST arpeggiator as well.
How do you do this in logic pro x thank you

100tifiko wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:06 pm
Orbit-50 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:37 pm

How do you do this in logic pro x thank you
Sorry man, I don't use Logic. There's got to be some people here that can help you out with that though. Anyone?

Is there any way to sync an LFO so that it retriggers according to the host/daw tempo (so that it retriggers every bar and then can have it's speed managed by the rate knob)? When set to "free" mode it is truly free.. and in all other modes it always ends up being triggered by a note in one way or another.

What I'm trying to do is have an LFO modulate a filter target that is completely independent of any notes triggered yet always plays the exact same way when I start the playback in the DAW. I have not found a way to do this.
the good thing about Avenger is, that you can nearly do every task with a bit of thinking and experimenting. Its sometimes like the game "crazy machines" :lol:
For example, you could make a "Ghost OSC" with vol "0" set it to a keyzone all below or on top of the keyboard where you usually NOT play and set this OSC as trigger for the LFO. Now you can trigger the LFO whenever you want from your DAWs piano roll. Even Key operated Rate modulation is thinkable. Assign some empy zero vol Oscs to trigger several Mod Env's with the desired Rate modulations... again each OSC to a unique Key on the keyzone and now you can trigger for example 1/16, 1/8, 1/4 etc... with keys on the keyboard. (all things without guarantee, just sitting in the office without Avenger in front of me, but should work in theory) :hihi:
yes I explained already multiple times, why a arp lock feature is technically impossible. Interestingly Avengers flexibility is to blame. Since we can route each of the 8 oscs into 1 of 8 arps, each preset can be unique routed. A preset can use no arp but 5 OSCS, it could use 5 OSCs in 5 different Arps. It could use 3 OSCs, where only OSC3 goes into Arp1. It can Use 8 OSCs, where OSC4 can use ARP1 and OSC6 can use ARP2.... and so on and so on. Got the point? How to lock something? You locked ARP4, but after this you load up a preset, where Arp 4 doesnt exist, and is not routed. Cant work. Only limited synths with a fixed structure or only 1 Arp can lock it.

msvs wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:26 pm

the good thing about Avenger is, that you can nearly do every task with a bit of thinking and experimenting. Its sometimes like the game "crazy machines" :lol:
For example, you could make a "Ghost OSC" with vol "0" set it to a keyzone all below or on top of the keyboard where you usually NOT play and set this OSC as trigger for the LFO. Now you can trigger the LFO whenever you want from your DAWs piano roll. Even Key operated Rate modulation is thinkable. Assign some empy zero vol Oscs to trigger several Mod Env's with the desired Rate modulations... again each OSC to a unique Key on the keyzone and now you can trigger for example 1/16, 1/8, 1/4 etc... with keys on the keyboard. (all things without guarantee, just sitting in the office without Avenger in front of me, but should work in theory) :hihi:
Well I know you can do that.. but this is from the perspective of creating a sound bank for other users. Workarounds like the one you just described for something I want my patch to do simply by the user hitting play in their DAW is a real big no-no.

So I take it that there is no easy automatic way to have the LFO retrigger to the host bar?

My preset is a fairly simple thing really, I have the LFO set to a back beat opening the filter so that it kind of "squirts" the raw wave into the delay section. It works real well in LFO free mode but of course the user now has to time playback or rendering just correctly to actually get it as a backbeat.

Example of what I'm doing (mp3, google drive link). This is a simple 16th note arp pattern from my Arturia keystep. The LFO is free running here. I had the sequencer free running as well and just hit record of the audio output when I had the LFO in the correct phase. Would be nice if we could re-trigger the LFO from the bar of the DAW so that it all stays in sync without having to use other methods of retriggering. As far as I know this is a pretty common feature in synths, to have the LFO sync to host and guarantee identical playback every time.
Last edited by bmanic on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”