Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

1 you can use all avenger drums / arps as you wish, except for creating content for VSTs / Samplepacks etc.
2 I also wonder often, why certain people do this. There are only disadvantages when using the kick sample plain in your DAW. I would never do this. Use a sampler, or something like Avenger, this is always superior. You have ADSR, Effeckts, pitch control, swap the sample, layer it etc...
3 no, Avenger does not contain .wav files. We have our own format.

msvs wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:56 pm 2 I also wonder often, why certain people do this. There are only disadvantages when using the kick sample plain in your DAW. I would never do this. Use a sampler, or something like Avenger, this is always superior. You have ADSR, Effeckts, pitch control, swap the sample, layer it etc...
Mainly, it's a workflow thing. I do use a sampler mainly for my drum work, but there are definitely some advantages to using certain drums in-line rather than through a sampler.

One is for reverses. You ever try to do a proper reverse Kick/Snare/Crash using a sampler? I have, and I hope to never have to do it again. Whereas in my DAW, I can reverse the sample, place it in the exact position I need it, and trim the excess. Three steps, done. Maybe add a volume fade if necessary.

Another: for long, extended Cymbals I like to place them directly in the DAW. This is because I can control exactly where it ends, and can make cuts and fades quickly. I could theoretically do this with automation or envelopes, but not every case is he exact same. I frequently use different lengths for the same Cymbal samples depending on the context of the song, and it's much faster to do just a quick cut than try to mess with the volume envelopes of a sampler.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

One is for reverses.
Avenger can do reverses perfectly in its drumsq, per note, and with synced position. Even when you swap the kick sample, change the pitch etc, it stays in position.
Another: for long, extended Cymbals I like to place them directly in the DAW.
me too, long sounds (cymals, sweep fx etc) are best used as audio, since you can play back in the middle etc...
Last edited by msvs on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ah I see. Valid points. Another thing is if I want to side chain the leads to my kick for example.

1) Is there a way to side chain within the Avenger from all elements to one drum element? I guess if I make two Instances of Avenger and then send one drum instance from the mix to an aux channel in logic and use an external compressor on the other instance which uses the aux channel for sidechain? Problem is I can't even properly send to aux channels in logic from Avenger. Would be nice if there would be a
tutorial video like there is for cubase Tutorial Video #16: ROUTING / Sub Outs.
2) More importantly: I tried to make an extra instance of only the kick with Avenger and to my surprise I didnt find a Kick in all those Drum Sequences. I guess I don't understand enough of music yet. In all those videos I watched the Kick was used for sidechaining. I can't find one "Kick" element in the drum sequences. I also got the EDM expansions. What replaces it?

1 Avenger can sidechain internally with the "minichain" plugin. It can sync to played notes, DAW song start or the kick sample. Of course you can also do external sidechaining, as you described, route Avengers Kick output on a seperate mixing channel, then this can be used as a trigger for an external sidechain plugin (like our VPS Multiband Sidechain)

2 The Kick sample is always on the lowest C when you load a drumkit. Or what was the question? :D

msvs wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:56 pm2 I also wonder often, why certain people do this. There are only disadvantages when using the kick sample plain in your DAW. I would never do this. Use a sampler, or something like Avenger, this is always superior. You have ADSR, Effeckts, pitch control, swap the sample, layer it etc...
E.g. for being as light as possible. I'd not use a beast from the size of Avenger just to hold a kick sample. In Studio One, I either use its own sampler, or TAL, or also place them directly into the DAW. Mostly followed by some "d" presses for duplication. Because I can :-D Because why not. Because it works. :D

I think about isolating the kick, puting it on midi, converting it to audio and boom i got an audio file of the avenger kick. Should work i guess?!

NeoKortex88 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:49 pm I think about isolating the kick, puting it on midi, converting it to audio and boom i got an audio file of the avenger kick. Should work i guess?!
Yep, it’s called “sampling” and eveyone should be familiar with it :)

ah ok :lol: i just thought i was a smart one

msvs wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:22 am 2 The Kick sample is always on the lowest C when you load a drumkit. Or what was the question? :D
sorry if its a noob question but why is it always called "Bassdrum" and not "Kick"?

NeoKortex88 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:15 pm
msvs wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:22 am 2 The Kick sample is always on the lowest C when you load a drumkit. Or what was the question? :D
sorry if its a noob question but why is it always called "Bassdrum" and not "Kick"?
How do you write Kick using just 2 letters? “KI”, “KC”, “KK”?

You do it Roland style..."BD"
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

I've asked before, but could you update the version in thread title so we always know if we have the latest, like this viewtopic.php?f=1&t=470957

there is nothing to update, feature wise. There is a minor version increase 1.4.2. You see this in your account, furthermore Avenger will tell you on startup there is an update.

Avenger won the WIHO award. Great review!

https://musicplayers.com/2018/12/vengea ... s-avenger/

Return to “Instruments”