Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

100tifiko wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:42 pm I think we can all agree that Avenger makes it easy for us to make new presets. And Manuel and rene are working on making it more easy which is the main reason of the synth and to make it sound good. I am waiting on the analog filters and that will make this synth easy and great sound to use. Hopefully we get those analog filters by the end of the year and I bet they will make a new type of filter that no other synth have
I don't want to be a buzzkill, but when I reported a bug in beta I also asked out of curiosity about these elusive "analog" filters. He (Rene) didn't seem to know what I was talking about, OR he didn't want to say, who knows...
New filters off som kind is planned tough.

CustomSamples wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:53 pm Has anyone seen the skins from Encounter Media. I want to buy one. They look good !!!
Thx man :)
Here they are...
http://encountersmedia.be/index.php?rou ... path=60_67
They are all being updated for 1.4.0 and RetroVenger even got a new look...
So anybody who bought them before can now download the update...

My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

A skin that looks like the custom of capt America or one of the Avengers would be awesome

100tifiko wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:54 am A skin that looks like the custom of capt America or one of the Avengers would be awesome
I have Stranger Things skin, that's a start already :D
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

Razzia wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:21 pm Meh...

Not interested in expansion packs, nor the politics of the expansion pack community tbh. VPS released Avenger... two years ago now? And they're still adding major functionality to it. Unique and helpful features in free updates. $70 is way more than any expansion pack is worth to me personally, but by now most developers would have been hoarding all these great new features for a v2.0 that would cost me $50-$100.

Xfer did a lot of this with Serum. U-he does it, albeit very slowly. I'm having a hard time thinking of other developers that commit to a synth like this and keep adding major feature updates for free. I love my Izotope plugins but they try to bleed you for a few hundred dollars every year and then drop the price by 70% in a sale 6 months later.

For that I say VPS is at least treating their customers quite well. Got it on sale and it's probably the best $170 I've spent on music related software.
You make a lot of great points, and it's also the reason in the almost 1 & 1/2 years that I've owned Avenger, I've only bought one XP (and slightly regret doing that).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:21 pm For that I say VPS is at least treating their customers quite well. Got it on sale and it's probably the best $170 I've spent on music related software.
Avenger has been money well spent for me too. A strong selling point is the updates, ...I find the the workflow is well designed. Makes using the software enjoyable.

I don't care about expansions. For my taste, of course a) less EDM is more and b) IMO too many presets are sample based, not sure though. c) they are not attracting the non-EDM folks. E.g., U-he stuff, from marketing and appearance, is, in a way, more neutral. Avenger deserves more neutral marketing. -> MOAR SALES!

yes i definitely think that samples DESTROY the image, cause it is like "ahhh this synth cannot do it itself? but presents itself with granular/additive etc. synthesis but heavily uses samples?" of course you cannot do everything with synthesis but come on, the synth cries for synthesis samples.... and i dont mean the 1000th supersaw sound
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Bansaw wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:50 pm
EnochLight wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:21 pm For that I say VPS is at least treating their customers quite well. Got it on sale and it's probably the best $170 I've spent on music related software.
Avenger has been money well spent for me too. A strong selling point is the updates, ...I find the the workflow is well designed. Makes using the software enjoyable.
You misquoted. I did not say that. Razzia did. :o :?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

tapiodmitriyevich wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:19 pm I don't care about expansions. For my taste, of course a) less EDM is more and b) IMO too many presets are sample based, not sure though. c) they are not attracting the non-EDM folks. E.g., U-he stuff, from marketing and appearance, is, in a way, more neutral. Avenger deserves more neutral marketing. -> MOAR SALES!
a.) In reality, EDM sounds mean "MOAR SALES", according to our stats at least. However: currently 12 XPs out of 27 XPs are clearly NON EDM! Some more are in a grey-area somewhere between. So nearly 50% is non EDM. What are you complaining about exactly?

b.)I can not speak for 3rd Party products, but the official Expansions sold on Vengeance-Sound have mostly Synthesis going on, not Samples. They do have a large sample stock they come with however, but this is mainly for your own sound design purposes, only a small amount is being used in the presets. Furthermore there are greyzones here, too: What is a Granular sample of a vocal, programmed as an cloudy pad... synthesis or sample? I would say synthesis. What is a Marimba Sound programmed with FM synthesis, but a real sampled Mallet-Hit layer on top? etc...

c.) see a.)

Is there a way to modulate the eq with the keys that way if I press a higher octave the eq will change and cut the lows and if a press a lower octave the eq will change cutting the highs is this even possible if not it will be great tool to have a great eq

of course this is, just route the KEYTRACK controller to any EQ band you want
I would make the LPF/HPF Bar in each OSC, below the OSC Name. It has to handles (HPF/LPF) to connect with when dragging and dropping the Keytrack (which is above the keyboard)

msvs wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:43 am of course this is, just route the KEYTRACK controller to any EQ band you want
I would make the LPF/HPF Bar in each OSC, below the OSC Name. It has to handles (HPF/LPF) to connect with when dragging and dropping the Keytrack (which is above the keyboard)
Awesome thank you this is a great technique for mixing this makes my life easier

In the mini chain side chain effect it would help a lot if you had the vol knob in the middle bipolar so you can do -100 and +100 to set your kick and bass with a mirror side chain but the kick with +100 and the bass -100 having a perfect sidechain

you can just make the Kick globally louder, makes no difference

Return to “Instruments”