Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

aMUSEd wrote:Dongle would be better than CR by miles, having just had to reauthorise all my CR plugins after a mobo change (one of which took several days to get authorised) - the dongled ones were up and running instantly.
Simple serial key is enough...Dongle is thing of past, as is CR...

Simple serial key is simple crackable. Syncrosoft Dongle is not crackable, so the best protection.

HcDoom wrote: Simple serial key is enough...Dongle is thing of past, as is CR...
Based on... what exactly? Opinions on the net?

Hopefully it's eLicenser, so we don't see this synth flying around the web shortly after the release.

I hope it sounds a bit different than most other (VA) synth. People like not so much this very bright and crystal clear sounding synth IMO.

As a laptop user who is mobile, dongles are a PITA.

I would actually prefer PACE. IMO, iLok is superior to eLicenser. Or the thing Propellerhead Reason uses.

These guys are just trying to justify their decision to play with dongles. Even though they do nothing but hurt legit users and stifle sales. It don't seem to be stopping the crackheads so what exactly is the point?

Dasheesh wrote:These guys are just trying to justify their decision to play with dongles. Even though they do nothing but hurt legit users and stifle sales.
How do you even know?

I would prefer C/R. Never had any issues with NI or Izotope C/R, even when I had to reinstall all my software at once on a new machine. But if the synth is as good as I expect it to be I'll buy a dongle, hope it won't conflict with the other things plugged into my PC.

Btw, is the dongle protection always uncrackable and is it the only uncrackable copy protection? Afaik, Nexus and Cubase were cracked while for the U-He plugins there never were proper cracks (but my warez knowledge is very incomplete and outdated).
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

chk071 wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:These guys are just trying to justify their decision to play with dongles. Even though they do nothing but hurt legit users and stifle sales.
How do you even know?

When was the last time you were on the Internet?

As far as i read, no version of Cubase after version 5 has a fully functional crack. I think Urs said that recently, working cracks of at least one of their products surfaced. They seem to be tough to crack anyway though. The thing is, i don't know how much time and effort Vengeance/Keilwerth Audio want to put into a copy protection scheme, when they can have a working copy protection scheme, which has been developed externally anyway. And, especially in the case of iLok, it's pretty unintrusive, and could even work without a dongle, if you want to go with that level of protection. Check the site, they do offer a couple of different levels.

I don't think it's worth the dicussion anyway, because, in the end, they will decide it for themselves and their business. I find it a bit amusing that people who don't even seem to be overly interested anyway come out again, and agitate against dongle protection, when it's not even clear what it's gonna be anyway.

Dasheesh wrote:
chk071 wrote:
How do you even know?

When was the last time you caught some fresh air? :P Seriously, internet forums are no indicator of anything. The opposite is the case, mostly people with minority opinions will pile up, to show the discontent they can't express in the real world. Again, what would be the best is just keeping your wallet in the pocket, and make a point for youreself by not buying the product. But, hey, that would be too boring, wouldn't it? Much better to try to take influence on others too. Of even the devs themselves.

damn i 'd really like them to keep the current colour scheme they have with their actual plugin. :/

chk071 wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:
chk071 wrote:
How do you even know?

When was the last time you caught some fresh air? :P Seriously, internet forums are no indicator of anything. The opposite is the case, mostly people with minority opinions will pile up, to show the discontent they can't express in the real world. Again, what would be the best is just keeping your wallet in the pocket, and make a point for youreself by not buying the product. But, hey, that would be too boring, wouldn't it? Much better to try to take influence on others too. Of even the devs themselves.
Truth be told I probably will keep my wallet in my pocket fro now anyway. I have everything I need for now (and it ain't much). I'm more waging war on the stupidity of ilok. If this thing turns out to have a lot of musical character though I'm not against investing in something new. Once in a while I get a hair up my butt and need a little retail therapy.

edit: I was inspired to by falcon until I saw it was ilok.... Dropped like yesterdays newspaper.

I don't know if you'd even need a dongle in this case though. If they do soft iLok protection, then you'd only need the iLok software. And, frankly, i can't complain about it really. As unintrusive as it gets, at least for me. I know, for others, it's the manifested devil. Oh well.

Return to “Instruments”