Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

m-ac wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:18 pm So I've got around 10 or so expansions, but only have new arp preset folders for cinematic 2 and 3 (and for some reason 2 phalanx folders, but maybe they were always there, I cant remember). Do all expansions not come with new arp presets?

correct, not all expansions have arp presets.

commodore wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:04 am
m-ac wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:18 pm So I've got around 10 or so expansions, but only have new arp preset folders for cinematic 2 and 3 (and for some reason 2 phalanx folders, but maybe they were always there, I cant remember). Do all expansions not come with new arp presets?

correct, not all expansions have arp presets.
Cheers :)

Some of the presets in the expansions I couldn't press one key without my cpu going crazy and the sound cutting out. Thats a single key using a 2013 mac pro 3.6 6-core, absolute madness :lol: I've increased my buffer from 128 to 256 when using avenger for the time being. Hopefully the mac version will get some performance tweaks in future updates.

m-ac wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:28 am Some of the presets in the expansions I couldn't press one key without my cpu going crazy and the sound cutting out. Thats a single key using a 2013 mac pro 3.6 6-core, absolute madness :lol: I've increased my buffer from 128 to 256 when using avenger for the time being. Hopefully the mac version will get some performance tweaks in future updates.
Dang, yeah not sure why that would be. On my PC I typically run my buffer at 512. I have run at lower settings without problems, but I don't really feel I have a need for it to be that quick.

I also figured out how to automate Avenger's pitch in FL Studio (a little less complicated than I thought). I was trying to figure out how to automate the pitch wheel in Avenger - which I don't think is possible. But this is how you do it; crank up the pitch range to the max (48), then automate the wrapper's pitch knob.

zvenx wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:38 pm Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 9.35.05 AM.jpgWhy would they put the search field as a small text block at the bottom.
Why?
I don't know, there's a lot of stuff that would go beyond UX/UI designers' comprehension.
Same reason why text is displayed above knobs and not below like the vast majority of hardware and software instruments (for a very good reason, too). It doesn't look good and it objectively wastes more space, but we can sit here all day and argue about any GUI/UI/UX improvement and they would just be words in an ear and out of the other. Same thing with the font, and it doesn't happen that among Avenger's userbase there are a lot of people who, for some reason, don't want to let people engage in respectful criticism with all due argumentations, just so devs don't get triggered and leave this place. Oh, nevermind, he did (Rene hasn't really been here at all, and he's the one doing the coding, go figure).

When Manuel said they would have implemented the original white theme I was very excited, but when it actually happened I bursted in laughter andI wondered if it was even worth the trouble and the time to deliver something so sub par, compared to the original.
Going from this
to this

is a quite embarassing :lol:
thumbnails are already looking bad, open the images to cry :D

tapekiller wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:38 pm
zvenx wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:38 pm Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 9.35.05 AM.jpgWhy would they put the search field as a small text block at the bottom.
Why?
I don't know, there's a lot of stuff that would go beyond UX/UI designers' comprehension.
Same reason why text is displayed above knobs and not below like the vast majority of hardware and software instruments (for a very good reason, too). It doesn't look good and it objectively wastes more space, but we can sit here all day and argue about any GUI/UI/UX improvement and they would just be words in an ear and out of the other. Same thing with the font, and it doesn't happen that among Avenger's userbase there are a lot of people who, for some reason, don't want to let people engage in respectful criticism with all due argumentations, just so devs don't get triggered and leave this place. Oh, nevermind, he did (Rene hasn't really been here at all, and he's the one doing the coding, go figure).

When Manuel said they would have implemented the original white theme I was very excited, but when it actually happened I bursted in laughter andI wondered if it was even worth the trouble and the time to deliver something so sub par, compared to the original.
Going from this
to this

I actually designed the top example, so thanks!

What became of it?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:54 pm What became of it?
rsp
The design? I think it was included in 1.5, with some changes as per the bottom image.

m-ac wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:13 pm
zvenx wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:54 pm What became of it?
rsp
The design? I think it was included in 1.5, with some changes as per the bottom image.

ooooh..... I thought the white skin was satya's design.
I see....
no further comments :-)
Beyond I much prefer the top image.
rsp
sound sculptist

Why?

Going from this
to this

I prefer the font of the lower image. My poor vision appreciates the bold. I could work with either layout.

where/how to get the beautiful "original white theme"?
Cubase Pro 10.5.12 @ Windows 10 Home v1909 @ i9-9900K 32GB @ Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcLk3l ... gPCNegk5gw
https://soundcloud.com/dj-mce-1

m-ac wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:36 pm
Why?

Going from this
to this

I actually designed the top example, so thanks!
That's amazing. And it also makes sense that they weren't the ones that came up with it, because what eventually became avenger looks like a web flash game manu from the 00s (especially the browser animations, why are they even there :lol: ). Kinda sad to see how they've butchered your concept, because it was really good. Right element positioning, better proportions and so on. And it was very legible on laptops too, but it's no surprise to see them steering away from laptop users (as Manuel said, they don't take laptops into account and "serious producers don't use laptops"), maybe he doesn't like money, lmao.
Anyway, where can I find more of your works?
zvenx wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:15 pm ooooh..... I thought the white skin was satya's design.
I see....
no further comments :-)
Beyond I much prefer the top image.
rsp
I think Satya had just to adapt the original skin concept to the current layout. Can't really blame him if it didn't turn out well, because it's what he had to work with and sadly there is no way around many elements that could use improvement (which you can do in u-he plugins, you can change literally everything, even layout).

tapekiller wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:45 am That's amazing. And it also makes sense that they weren't the ones that came up with it, because what eventually became avenger looks like a web flash game manu from the 00s (especially the browser animations, why are they even there :lol: ). Kinda sad to see how they've butchered your concept, because it was really good. Right element positioning, better proportions and so on. And it was very legible on laptops too, but it's no surprise to see them steering away from laptop users (as Manuel said, they don't take laptops into account and "serious producers don't use laptops"), maybe he doesn't like money, lmao.
I don't know what was involved with actually getting the design into avenger, so there are likely very good reasons they had to alter the designs. If you could see some of the UX design and ideas I created...lets just say I probably gave Rene some sleepless nights :lol:

Other works? Hmmm, I designed Tremor with fxpansion. That was a little easier in a lot of ways as it was designed from scratch. It's a pity it was discontinued, an awesome bit of software https://www.fxpansion.com/products/tremor/

m-ac wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:35 am
tapekiller wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:45 am That's amazing. And it also makes sense that they weren't the ones that came up with it, because what eventually became avenger looks like a web flash game manu from the 00s (especially the browser animations, why are they even there :lol: ). Kinda sad to see how they've butchered your concept, because it was really good. Right element positioning, better proportions and so on. And it was very legible on laptops too, but it's no surprise to see them steering away from laptop users (as Manuel said, they don't take laptops into account and "serious producers don't use laptops"), maybe he doesn't like money, lmao.
I don't know what was involved with actually getting the design into avenger, so there are likely very good reasons they had to alter the designs. If you could see some of the UX design and ideas I created...lets just say I probably gave Rene some sleepless nights :lol:

Other works? Hmmm, I designed Tremor with fxpansion. That was a little easier in a lot of ways as it was designed from scratch. It's a pity it was discontinued, an awesome bit of software https://www.fxpansion.com/products/tremor/

I see. Some things (like text above knobs rather than below) could definitely have been kept the way they were since I don't really see the need to change them from a programming standpoint, on the other hand there are some other things (maybe like "module" width which is more functional now) maybe were changed to make everything sit better on the code coming from phalanx. I would love to see the discarded UX ideas as well lol.

Despite being quite busy, Tremor's interface is still very legible and not all over the place, so kudos for that. Maybe very faint colour coding could have helped but it's not that important once you get used to what you're working with. Font is also good, and yet again proves that cleaner typefaces are more legible than bold ones :D

tapekiller wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:37 pm
m-ac wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:35 am

I see. Some things (like text above knobs rather than below) could definitely have been kept the way they were since I don't really see the need to change them from a programming standpoint, on the other hand there are some other things (maybe like "module" width which is more functional now) maybe were changed to make everything sit better on the code coming from phalanx. I would love to see the discarded UX ideas as well lol.

Despite being quite busy, Tremor's interface is still very legible and not all over the place, so kudos for that. Maybe very faint colour coding could have helped but it's not that important once you get used to what you're working with. Font is also good, and yet again proves that cleaner typefaces are more legible than bold ones :D
Cheers. Yeah, again there had to be some changes in Tremor too. I guess it's that constant balance between available development time, ux, and aesthetics.

Return to “Instruments”