Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

I like Manuel's point about the licensing system paying off for them. It's their business. They need to operate that way. Avenger and all other vengeance products are amazing. They need to do what they can to protect from piracy. Anti-piracy measures keeps them making money and updating/creating products. And they have a system that works incredibly well at protecting from piracy.

I only work in my studio (no touring, no multiple locations, etc) and everything is great for me. I understand some are not in a situation where the licensing system is "perfect" for them, but can you complain directly to support about it instead of ruining a good thread? :ud:

I frequent this thread because I have a high interest in learning about Avenger, not reading complaints. But that's just me.

commodore wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:39 pm I like Manuel's point about the licensing system paying off for them. It's their business. They need to operate that way. Avenger and all other vengeance products are amazing. They need to do what they can to protect from piracy. Anti-piracy measures keeps them making money and updating/creating products. And they have a system that works incredibly well at protecting from piracy.

I only work in my studio (no touring, no multiple locations, etc) and everything is great for me. I understand some are not in a situation where the licensing system is "perfect" for them, but can you complain directly to support about it instead of ruining a good thread? :ud:

I frequent this thread because I have a high interest in learning about Avenger, not reading complaints. But that's just me.
Indeed its paying off, with 30 eu licence transfer fee and so much FS topics in kvr market forum being created :lol: well at least for a short term :)

to René and Manuel:

Thank you. Thank you for continually fixing bugs, answering questions, providing tutorials and features. I love the products that you provide me to purchase the use of.

Running an international business with a creative customer base can be quite challenging at times and I have seen time and time again both of you trying to go the extra mile for your customers, the love of your products, creativity, and the love of music.

I feel like a note of appreciation is needed for both of you in light of some of the negativity that both of you receive. Thank you again for all your continued efforts in providing creative tools! Keep rockin'

Has anyone figured out a way to reliably run the 1.4 and 1.5 version alongside? It would interest me to be able to run both versions.

edit - nvm, resolved

I find the negative views here to be throwback & selfish.

I think Manuel (with Rene) has achieved the greatest soft synth ever made.

He's added value at every stage with world class expansions and amazing upgrades

- and and now he's taken synths to a new level.

Avenger must be the most copied synth design in the world today.

It's the standard.

And it's all been his vision, which he's had since the early noughties.

And now it's time to protect his business.

And some people don't like it.

And they keep going on and on as if they weren't heard the first time.

Let's celebrate Manuel's incredible work, and enjoy Avenger to the limits of our creativity :tu:
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Here's a question.
Does anybody store your own presets mixed in with the factory ones?
If so - when you upgraded to 1.5 - can you still access these?

I can't :-\
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

mysteryspy2001 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:19 am Just to let everyone know I first had an issue with the latest update 1.23 and when trying to open up avenger in cubase it took about 2 mins to load. I actually found the issue and in case anyone has the issue here is the fix

I remember installing Acronis 2018 image back up software and it also installs an option called active protection running in the background. I thought hmmm I will try turning the option off and now avenger opens up lighting fast.
The funny thing is that when the active protection option was on it did not affect any other vst except avenger. So if anyone has the same issue I had and you are running Acronis 2018 make sure the active protection option is off in Acronis.

I also let Rene know as he was trying to help out ,
I had and solved the same problem today but on Windows 10 Pro. The only difference is that I'm using the Acronis True Image 2020.

VPS Avenger took around 2 minutes to open its GUI. Crazy.

So in msconfig, I just disabled the 'Acronis Active Protection (TM) Service' - and voila! VPS Avenger loads super fast again.

Thanks to Rene for the super-fast ticket response.

kevvvvv wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:39 pm I find the negative views here to be throwback & selfish.

I think Manuel (with Rene) has achieved the greatest soft synth ever made.

He's added value at every stage with world class expansions and amazing upgrades

- and and now he's taken synths to a new level.

Avenger must be the most copied synth design in the world today.

It's the standard.

And it's all been his vision, which he's had since the early noughties.

And now it's time to protect his business.

And some people don't like it.

And they keep going on and on as if they weren't heard the first time.

Let's celebrate Manuel's incredible work, and enjoy Avenger to the limits of our creativity :tu:
I think this thread fairly lays out the case for and against Vengeance’s conduct. I’m glad this thread will remain available to future potential purchasers, who can read up on it and decide for themselves whether they want to support a company that, however good the synth may be, changes product attributes midstream that are very important to some people (after having already taken those customers’ money), and whether the company's justification for imposing that change was sufficient.
Last edited by SirkusPi on Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kevvvvv wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:39 pm I think Manuel (with Rene) has achieved the greatest soft synth ever made.
That's a bit too much credit. Falcon is bigger and better in absolutely every aspect (while also offering lower than Avenger CPU and RAM usage): (way) more FX, more sound sources, better granular, more midi FX (and open to scripting), more layers, multitimbral. Same for HALion.

Avenger is probably the greatest rompler ever made, though.

sircuit wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:37 pmAvenger is probably the greatest rompler ever made, though.
Oh crap. Don't start yet another fake-news "XXX is a rompler" meme...
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Let's not lose sight of the fact that there are a lot of great sounding synths created by talented developers that don't require the installation of third party software to protect their software.

The fact that Vengeance is apparently not as talented as those other developers and needs a third party copy protection crutch is not my problem.

I get it that Vengeance is trying to protect itself from theft. But I'm trying to protect my DAW from wonky third party protection schemes that run at start up and in the background and the developer has no control over.

If that offends thin skinned developers or sycophant fanbois I don't care one bit. I'll just keep supporting talented developers and add Vengeance to the list of developers I will no longer support.

As a developer if you make unpopular decisions then you're going to get unpleasant responses. If you can't handle that then there's the door, don't let it hit you on the way out....... :arrow:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:11 pm Let's not lose sight of the fact that there are a lot of great sounding synths created by talented developers that don't require the installation of third party software to protect their software.

The fact that Vengeance is apparently not as talented as those other developers and needs a third party copy protection crutch is not my problem.

I get it that Vengeance is trying to protect itself from theft. But I'm trying to protect my DAW from wonky third party protection schemes that run at start up and in the background and the developer has no control over.

If that offends thin skinned developers or sycophant fanbois I don't care one bit. I'll just keep supporting talented developers and add Vengeance to the list of developers I will no longer support.

As a developer if you make unpopular decisions then you're going to get unpleasant responses. If you can't handle that then there's the door, don't let it hit you on the way out....... :arrow:
+1. Perfectly stated.

sircuit wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:37 pmAvenger is probably the greatest rompler ever made, though.
You're the most weird cinnamon dove I've ever witnessed.

Am I the only one who saves presets mixed in with the factory ones?
Have you noticed that these are not available any more in ver 1.5?
Ver 1.5 stores the factory content in a different way - you need to set up your own container now to store presets.
There is no manual for 1.5 - am I the only one who missed this?
Also imported wavetables need to be moved to a new container too.
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Return to “Instruments”