Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

MSVS are there planned more updates before v2 roles out?

In particular Performance updates like sound quality selection or at least lower the memory footprint.

noiseboyuk wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:09 am
laz wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:42 am
noiseboyuk wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:07 am
EnochLight wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:03 am Clearly you've never gigged. If you have, and the venue you played had solid Wifi and your cell had a solid data connection, you were fortunate in that city. But what happens when you play the one spot where there's no data connection, no WiFi - and Avenger calls home to authorize when you're on stage? Yeah, good luck with that.
This is the kind of ludicrous over-reaction that irks. As we understand it, all you have to do is have an internet connection AT SOME POINT OVER A THREE MONTH PERIOD. The chances of this being a real world issue for anyone are very low, and close to zero if the person using it is aware that they have software does have to check in from time to time. You're asking us to get outraged over a person who for three solid months tries, but never once manages to find a single internet connection anywhere in the world.
I think we should stop this conversation and forcing people to see our point of view. As I already said everyone has his own way of working and managing his software and hardware.
My desktop computers are wired in a network without internet. No computer has Wi-Fi to connect it let's say to my cell phone.
For example I have elicencer and iLok and I plug them in every computer I'm working on and everything is fine.
And I really don't want to share my stuff with other people just because I collaborate with them.
This and every forum is to solve problems or to give advices.
I hope I don't sound offensive but as I already said it's not nice to force people to see things from our point of view.
This is an entirely different point from the one I addressed above, which was about an inability to find an internet connection when on tour. For completely offline use, it sounds like you need the dongle - this sounds to me like a work in progress as far as Vengeance is concerned, and I agree they need to address this.
Thank you!

I know there's no NKS compatibility with 1.5, but is it planned for later on, or not at all?

Hello everyone,
I've just signed up here. Been reading lot's of stuff here on KVR as a visitor and thought it's time to finally check in ;) Not sure if this has been explained yet, but if you would get a dongle is it secure you don't have to go online every 3 months? Thx!

So I finally decided to update from 1.4.10 to 1.5. No hassle whatsoever. I also did a complete uninstall of the previous version before upgrading, including a manual removal of files that were not removed otherwise (Vengeance folder within ProgramData folder). Not sure if that is necessary, but it might prevent some of the issues that some people have experienced during the transition.

Ohlson_M wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:10 pm So I finally decided to update from 1.4.10 to 1.5. No hassle whatsoever. I also did a complete uninstall of the previous version before updating, including a manual removal of files that were not removed otherwise (Vengeance folder within ProgramData folder). Not sure if that is necessary, but it might prevent some of the issues that some people have experienced during the transition.
Hit the wrong button.

msvs wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:38 am why no elicenser? no ilok? This is easy to explain: we dont want that our customers had to buy a (expensive) piece of hardware for our free update.
seriously ? really ? many customer already own an usb e-licenser already if as example you are an Steinberg User , VSL User and many other things . also your own customer for your other product range including nexus 2 have an usb e-licenser already . an USB e-licenser you can buy if you look arround for 20 euro . this had been the cheapest solution for your customer . an ilok dongle if you look arround you could get for arround 40 Euro .

and now it is not even officially confirmed if an USB Ignition Key v3 stick even would work . and if so you needs to pay between 60-70 Euro for one it depends from where its shipping .

That's the cheapest excuse I've ever heard from a manufacturer, considering they were all about cracking the Avenger, and selling it themselves to people as a reason before.

i dont know anymore what i needs to think about this statement you made now .

I use several Steinberg products, but iI don't have the eLicenser key, I do have an iLok key though. You can't please ALL customers, that's impossible, so stop the whining. If it wouldn't have been the anti-CodeMeter people, it would have been the anti-eLicenser/iLok people.

I have never had any problems with CodeMeter, but I have had problems with iLok and eLicenser after upgrading Windows 10.

Manuel has also stated that eLicenser is much more expensive for them, and since CodeMeter is fully working you can stop complaining now.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:39 pm you can stop complaining now.
thats not about complaining , its just an simple customer answere to Manuels easy explaination or excuse .

there is not even an answere if he will stick to codemeter for an v2 version , or whether users are pushed into the cold water again if it gets cracked again someday that he switch to the next Protection in the middle of an Version .

CodeMeter 120719-1.png
-----------
Running processes:
Avenger 120219-2.png

CodeMeter runs at startup and resides in your system tray.

I get it, Vengeance is just trying to protect themselves. I can understand that since I'm also trying to protect my studio computer from being infected with useless (to me) bloatware.

It's getting to the point where I've got more plugin and license managers installed than DAWs.

We're all just trying to do what we think is best for ourselves so since I have other great plugins that don't require Third Party software to be installed (who fixes it if there is a bug in CodeMeter?) I'll simply move on from VPS Avenger and support other developers. Good luck to Vengeance I wish them well.

Again if anyone wants to purchase my Avenger license send me a PM. I won't respond to any other posts here......... :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Elektronisch wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:31 am MSVS are there planned more updates before v2 roles out?

In particular Performance updates like sound quality selection or at least lower the memory footprint.
V2 will not come out before 1-2 years minimum. Of course there's gonna be more updates.
(Before you ask, Manuel already said it many times)

Kalonai wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:13 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:31 am MSVS are there planned more updates before v2 roles out?

V2 will not come out before 1-2 years minimum. Of course there's gonna be more updates.
(Before you ask, Manuel already said it many times)
I didnt red all 700+ pages and i noted the specific ones :) and if those specific ones were mentioned you could link me up :)

Ilok can also be used as software licensing only!!!!!
Having code meter always in system tray etc ... wtf.

I really hope this wont be the end cause i dont want code meter. Sadly it seems avenger is still succesful (awesome vst) with code meter instead of ilok or elicenser .... too many supporters. Had hoped they dont switch to code meter. Im staying on pre- 1.5 for now and back up my system.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

DrumAddict wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:49 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:39 pm you can stop complaining now.
thats not about complaining , its just an simple customer answere to Manuels easy explaination or excuse .

there is not even an answere if he will stick to codemeter for an v2 version , or whether users are pushed into the cold water again if it gets cracked again someday that he switch to the next Protection in the middle of an Version .
They don't care, you think they care about our opinion. When version 2 comes out, something else will be invented. If it is not Codemeter it will be worse.

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:39 pm since CodeMeter is fully working you can stop complaining now.
As soon as Vengenace refunds the $305 USD that I have spent on Avenger and its expansions, which decision was specifically based (in part) on the representation that Avenger used a keyfile copy protection system rather than CodeMeter (before the change was imposed on us), I will stop complaining. It’s the switchover midstream that rankles. Yes, I can still use 1.4, and no, I don’t think I’d have a legal case. But after this, I also don’t expect to ever purchase from Vengeance again.

Return to “Instruments”