Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

1070 is fine... Rene from Keilwerth-Audio has this one

Don't have problems with my 1060.

MasterTuner wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:32 pm I'm thinking of upgrading my GPU for my desktop.
Is there a make of video card that Avenger has issues with, or have those problems been fixed? I had my eye on the Nvidia GTX range, maybe the 1070 or 1060.
Why not to get newer like 1160? if i recall it might be even less expensive.

IM using AMD RX 580, its alright. I used before R7 260X and GTX 1050 TI, i did noticed on Radeon when scaling down the font is unreadable, might have also been some setting in the AMD panel that resulted in that.

msvs wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:18 pm well, even if 99% of the world would use 540p, its still reality, that Avenger is designed for bigger resolutions and it need (at least) 1080p, better 1440p. These are the requirements. No secret and no offense. I remember, my Computer had too less RAM to start Wing Commander. The dev could have redesigned some game graphics, so that it would have worked with my 2MB 386PC... but they didnt. How dare they. :evil: Well, to stay serious: regarding sharpening the fonts, fact is that I have been told by Rene that this is the best he can offer atm. I am no Coder, so I have to accept this.
Thanks for the 4k-monitor tip - I bought it for just 180 bugs and my first impression is: whoohoo! Avenger now runs with ~ 120% (85% before) and everything is sharp enought for me now ;-) Run into some issues if I turn on "High DPI" support in Cubase where most plugins aren't work anymore, but this seems to be a problem with the windows scaling...

Regards,

yay! :tu:

I wanted to try the Avenger demo but what a trip.. first the install folders are like a mystery had to reinstall a few times to get it right.

Then the GUI is waay too large for my laptop!

And theen i realize I need to download the 4+ gig factory stuff (which I won't)

I guess this won't be for me! I really wanted to try out this VA engine.

For the GUI issue, you can scale Avenger down all the way to 50% if you need.

But keep in mind that smaller GUI scaling doesn't get any support. The text will be blurry, and depending on your graphics card the controls won't animate correctly (although that that can potentially be worked around).

But it could work for you.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

yul wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:11 am 4+ gig factory stuff (which I won't)
So part of your complaint is that it comes with a huge library of free sounds. ARE YOU MAD!!! Man could make the download smaller but then we'd get less.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

mitchiemasha wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:59 am
So part of your complaint is that it comes with a huge library of free sounds. ARE YOU MAD!!! Man could make the download smaller but then we'd get less.
Those are actually sample content that takes the space.

Anyways the guy is mad to complain, because its actually full factory library that you get to test. Second of that, 4gb of space is not much, whats the matter.

Haha! I remember that WTH??!! moment the first time I opened Avenger. It was huge and seemed to hang halfway off the screen...It was on a 17" laptop but even now I am fine with it on a 15" although the font could definitely be crisper, it is readable. I often don't bother with my 32" monitor because I like to make music in different rooms as to not seem like a hermit to my family.

The weird thing is even at 100% it fits on my laptop screen. Does it open at a bigger size the 1st time it is opened? I don't remember. I wish there was a button or option to collapse the keyboard. That would make "room" and maybe the mod matrix wouldn't seem so small. It would also be cool if the various modules could have pop up windows or zoom to take up a greater percentage of the UI. But of course not everyone is comfy with that Melda Production philosophy...

Avenger actually scales differently in Bitwig and Ableton at 100% where it's larger than the screen than it does in Fl Studio where it fits but takes up most of the screen. So there's the answer to my above question...

CRAFTMATIX wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:55 pm Avenger actually scales differently in Bitwig and Ableton at 100% where it's larger than the screen than it does in Fl Studio where it fits but takes up most of the screen. So there's the answer to my above question...
In Ableton you have to right click the plugin and disable the automatic scaling and reload the plugin. That will actually enable the HiDPI in Live. With Bitwig I think by default behaves HiDPI without changing anything. Of course, you must have the HiDPI enabled in Live’s global settings.
Last edited by sircuit on Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

—-

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:22 am
mitchiemasha wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:59 am
Those are actually sample content that takes the space.

Anyways the guy is mad to complain, because its actually full factory library that you get to test. Second of that, 4gb of space is not much, whats the matter.
Exactly!
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Return to “Instruments”