Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Any new ETA on 1.5?
we are quite optimistic, that it will happen this year

AJYoung wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:23 am In fact, I seem to see a gigantic list of professionals here on Vengeance's site, many of whom regularly tour and make music on-the-go.

Now this may be getting into tin-foil-hat territory, but I don't happen to see any testimonials there mentioning Avenger... 🤔 :hihi:
oh, thanks, and you´re right: noone mentioned Avenger :?

I also find Manuel's argumentation very customer-unfriendly, especially the hint that such a monitor only costs about as much as Avenger himself. Yes nice, but on the one hand he wants us to buy his XPs but on the other hand he accuses us that professional music can only be made reasonable on >1080p. I find that very arrogant, but money often changes the character. And no, that's not envy now, but I regret giving him my money a little, because I usually avoid people who think they are better.
Maybe it's better if I only take 1.5 and maybe the new XPs with me and then go back to other manufacturers which respects loyal customers Image the warez-attack wasn´t hard enough to think about his customers :roll:

Rivanni wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:31 am135 euro. (I'll pay the transfer fee.) Not a bad price for a synth that costs 199 euro.
Yeah, I also paid the transfer fee from that EUR100... :(

Luckily I bought it for EUR100 when it was on sale at their anniversary, so I didn't lose that much and I needed money towards Falcon 2 :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I have a cheap Core i3 with a 1366 x 768 screen. I use a 1080p external monitor when needed. I have tons of plugins and only a handful won't fit comfortably on my screen...VPS Avenger being one of them. As a result, it doesn't get a ton of use. I don't mind because I have plenty of other synths to choose from. I have no plans to upgrade. I think it is clear that Manuel has designed Avenger for his own sound design needs and preferences. And that is cool...if his use case doesn't fit yours, there are plenty of other options to choose from.
Last edited by tony10000 on Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

msvs wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:35 am
Any new ETA on 1.5?
we are quite optimistic, that it will happen this year
oh, now "this year" isn´t for sure?
first soon, then October, then November and now optimistic this year :o
the video where you announced 1.5 was 07th April 2019, the second around June
so maybe the change of the copyprotection wasn´t the only problem?

what is wrong with you? I only said I recommend buying a monitor instead of Avenger because I think 1080p is a pain to make music with. In which mental reality do you live, that this is arrogant? Its the opposite. I literally say that you should not give us your money and spend it for something else which will enhance the comfort you can work. Think that I am better?? wtf? Buy whatever you want or what you dont want. It was just well meant. Sorry I am out

you don´t simple recommend you bring words in the game, which aren´t necessary, read:
msvs wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:52 pmI can not even imagine, working seriously and professional on a tiny 1080p screen.
only not having 4K is meaning in your reality (to use your words) not being able to work "seriously and professional" :o
what call you this?
I call it "arrogant"

I believe you, that you meant it well, but why then choosing those word-definition?

and it was so clear that at the end you simple choose again 1 of 2 choices: saying "I am out" or deleting the post (as in the warez-week, no, not posts with "links" and not my posts, but okay)

C'mon, that sentence is not arrogant, maybe ignorant yes, from the perspective as VSTi developer. He just expresses his personal way of view. Why is that not legit? Surely he ignores the reality that still the majority simply uses 1080p.

you should have highlighted "I CAN NOT". Its just my personal opinion?! The first thing I bought from my first few bucks I earned were actually Screens. I always wanted big screens. Its my personal priority. "I" can not imagine, working on small screens, thats completely right. DAWs are so huge (arrangements with 50 tracks, Mixers, Effects, Synths - I need space for all this. I cant stand it, moving windows around, just to make space to have an overwiev. Like I said, my personal working philosophy - nothing arrogant. Some other guy prefers buying 4 XP packs instead of a screen instead, because he dont mind, having little space. Thats fine. I dont want to attack your 1080p Screen. Calm down... and now I am really out of this OT 8)
Surely he ignores the reality that still the majority simply uses 1080p.
well, is this so? I really dont know. Sure, you get statistics, saying that 21% still use 1080p (and 22% is "other", wonder what other is). But you have to divide again here: how many of this 21% is purely office... grandmas computer, or whatever. I am pretty sure, the percentage is studios and among gamers with a better resolution is much much higher. :ud:

Yes, I am sure of this. I myself OFCOURSE :lol: use 4k, no way to going back ever, once you realized how shitty 1080p is. But none of any people using PCs that I know have a 4k screen. It might be standard in macos world, since low resolution devices are not sold simply.

The "other" of course is not only 4k, could be also a lot 1440p, which is quite common in pc world, no? So yes, I would say that you are ignoring the reality here, with all respect.

At least in my neighbour hood all pc users have 1080p. Sure, gamers usually have most recent tech.

Not everybody is a pro musician like you :lol: (having a fancy studio setup)

Can you please guys stay respectful. If you don’t agree with Manuel, please stay polite. Consider this a friendly warning before I think of reporting to a moderator...

Nice, the policeman is here.

msvs wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:11 amI only said I recommend buying a monitor instead of Avenger because I think 1080p is a pain to make music with.
Actually 4K is pain to do music with, because lots of developers still haven't updated their software for it - looking at Steinberg, NI, Waves, Soundtoys and many others...

However it's true it's pain to work with Avenger on a 1080p screen, because at 100% it doesn't fit the screen and any lower (80-85% would be right) it gets "fuzzy" for some reason, which - coupled with a crowded GUI - made it unusable for me...
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

msvs wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:28 am Maybe we find a way one day to make the fonts a bit more sharper
^^^This is really what people running at lower than 100% scaling are asking for. If you could make this happen (and you could ;) ), the display-challenged among us would be happy, the noise would go away, angels would sing, and we could get on with making eye-strain-less music with an otherwise awesome synth. :)

To politely repeat myself; The size issue, looking from the other direction, is that a *lot* of VSTs don't offer scalable gfx yet and at resolutions >1080 they are pretty much unusable. Setting aside cost issues for a moment (and it is a non-trivial issue for some when you consider previous investment in other software that doesn't scale well, or at all), this is probably the 2nd most common reason why people are still using lower res / FHD monitors.

mvh, nbiar.

Yes, please reconsider your font smoothing approach, I also bet it would solve 99% of GUI critics.

Return to “Instruments”